Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #76
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I certainly hope you're right. I've been expecting a trailer this Wednesday for some time now and if we don't get it I'm gonna go all Hulk smash on something.
If your going to Hulk out please She-Hulk out it's much more lady like and well... hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #77
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
because gingers have no soul?
Well.... now I have two reasons.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #78
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Xstacy View Post
LOL I thought it was new.

I like the outfit though.
It's probably the oldest possible picture you could have posted.

Good one though.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #79
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It's probably the oldest possible picture you could have posted.

Good one though.

Newbie Fail

Delete coming in 5..4...3...2...1

Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #80
Donut
Side-Kick

Harry Potter Trailer on Wednesday & then Transformers Trailer on Friday. FOX is slacking

Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #81
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Oh, there's plenty of time, Donut.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #82
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

lol you guys are going a bit overboard.

Movie doesn't come out till June .....

Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #83
Alientraveller
Side-Kick

Fox isn't slacking because it hasn't released another trailer, Potter and Transformers haven't even released one!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #84
chaseter
Bland User

Potter has already had one trailer. It was a trailer for both movies and they have been busy with advertising the dvd release of the first part.

Transformers is slacking. It just seems that the studios this year are waiting until the last minute to build up hype. Besides Potter, all of these other big films didn't release any trailers or teaser trailers until a few months before the movie came out.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #85
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I think it makes sense for most of these movies because of the sheer number of high profile movies comnig out, they'll probably just wait until 2-3 weeks out to do a campaign blitz--pretty much how Fast Five waited until the last 2 weeks to squeeze in tv spots almost on every other commercial break.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #86
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Jason Flemying interview:

Quote:
Q: In the past you have done fantastic and fictional characters. What drives you to do this? Why did you make the choice to do this one?

A: To be honest, it was Matt - whether I'm the Batman or a ballerina, when he calls, I run!

Q: Was it fun to play the role and what challenges where there?

A: The fun was in the fighting - I knew very little of it would be seen, but we did 8 weeks of sword and fight training. We could have shot a whole 90 mins of Azazel battles!

Q: We all know that Azazel of the comics becomes Nightcrawler's father. Is this touched upon in the film?

A: Not yet, hope they get them together in the next one, love Alan.

Q: When figuring out your role, did you look at Alan Cumming's performance to thread a DNA to your performance as his father?

A: Alan is a friend, we were at the RSC together. I think my boy turned out pretty good, mutants should be free to love who they choose, as long as it causes no harm!

Q: How much focus will be put on the romance between Azazel and Mystique?

A: None. Unfortunately she only had eyes for Beast.

Q: Is your character a mutant or a demon like in the comic books?

A: He's a mutant - looks like a demon, but he's pure mutant!

Q: What the best bit about your character?

A: I have never had a tail before, can't beat having a tail. It's not in the movie, but you can smash anyone on the Xbox when you have two hands and a tail. It's also possible to make tea and play chess at the same time.

Q: Having appeared in a good few of Matthew Vaughn movies, would it be fair to say you are his 'good luck charm'? And bearing that in mind, how has this role differed from your experience filming his other movies?

A: He has a great core of actors and crew, we all watch out for each other, and speak shorthand amongst ourselves. We watch Mat's back, no one *****s with our governor! I'm not naturally very nomadic, so I love working with my friends.

Q: <Now you play Azazel, a character who gets a few negative reviews in the comic book world, I wondered if you maybe read anything to keep to the character or if you brought something entirely new to the role to make him more likeable?

A: My natural hair color is red, so I'm used to dodgy reviews! It's hard to make a mark in these movies, there are so many characters, but I think the bits I've got come across pretty well!

Q: I'm a big fan of your work, the shots of you in the First Class trailer looked awesome. Did you do any research and training for your character when you got the role of Azazel?

A: Thanks, mate! Nope, the make-up and fight training kind of took care of the character! Oh, and we made him Russian, just, well...it's the Cold War, and I'm a bit of an old lefty and it drives Mat mad!

Q: How was the look for your character done in the movie? Was it all CGI? Or was it make-up?

A: Make-up 4 hours on, 30 mins off, tail CGI!!

Q: If you could teleport anywhere... where would it be?

A: Right..... I seem to travel the world every week, I would LOVE to be able to teleport home to my wife every night and teleport to whatever country I'm in every morning!! I'm sooo lucky to work so much, (real secret is I'm cheap!) but I am kinda over flying long haul weekly!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #87
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Thanks for posting, Jason is awesome I still remember him from "The Jungle Book".

Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #88
Angamb
Banned User

so...

no connection between Azazel and Mystique yet...
no connection between Havok and Scott yet....
no love interest for Magneto yet....

when do they plan to introduce all these plots? on Second class?

I think its too much background story for the next movie...

Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #89
JP
To me

Then wouldn't it be even MORE bg story for THIS movie?

Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #90
Alientraveller
Side-Kick

I was unsure of how Azrael was going to fit into Beast and Mystique's story in the film, so I suppose there's one less storyline to worry about.

I think if Wanda and Pietro exist in the movieverse then Erik and Magda and the incident with the angry mob will have already happened.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #91
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Then wouldn't it be even MORE bg story for THIS movie?
I get your point....

I just hope the sequel developt some of those plots.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #92
Snikt
Side-Kick

I always knew just enough about Azazel to understand his character, but he was never much more than a blip on my radar screen.

But now...he's definitely in my top 3. Beast, Banshee and Azazel

Old 04-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #93
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

Sounds like Azazel is gonna rock.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #94
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I get your point....

I just hope the sequel developt some of those plots.
I don't think all of these plots are supposed to be explained in the films. You should just see the similarities between the characters and come to your own conclusions.

In the star wars prequels and even Wolverine, all the character appearances and relationships were just too convenient and came off cheesy.

We already know Nightcrawler and Mystique had a moment together in X2, they also have physical similarities. She is attracted to beastly men, she tried to seduce Logan in X2, we know she will have something going on with Beast in the new movie. So after she turns to the dark side its not far fetched to think she may hook up with Azazel.

In the comics Cyclops and Havok didn't know that they were brothers when they first met each other as adults. So it makes sense that Havok isn't aware of Scott's existence (or if he's not born yet, his birth parents).

Old 04-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #95
josh8
Side-Kick

I will be disappointed if nothing is hinted at about Azazel and Mystique's relationship... and then Nightcrawler. I don't want a full plot, but I wanted something to justify them using his character.

When they first announced his Azazel in the movie, i was SURE that it was going to be a cameo. Then it turned out he was a real character, and I was a little bit WTF but then I thought "hey they're really doing everyone's origins (Nightcrawler)".

At least Azazel looks cool and we can visually make the connection to Nightcrawler. I just hope people don't think he's just a rip-off from X2 (even if it's a prequel).

I don't want most of these characters in the sequel, so I want it wrapped up now! If I had my way, Banshee and Darwin would go off with Moira, Angel would leave because it's not her thing, and Havok would sacrifice himself because he can't control his powers anyways. This would be Xavier's huge failure so he wouldn't continue with creating the school until he meets Alex's baby brother (in need of help)... then he creates the real First Class!

Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #96
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You do realize actors can lie In Interviews.Especilly If told not to give up secrets.
There was report from a tipper Azarel devolps Intrest In Mystique.

Jennifer Lawrence has let slip Mystique has crush on Magneto.Michael Fassbender coyly seemed to hint while not a full Magneto/Mystique we could see the planting of seeds to lead to It.In trailer Mystique Is In Someone's bed when she turns to blue form.I have thought that may be Magneto's bed.

The entire COnception and birth of Nightcrawler probally happens between the end of first Class and the second part of trilogy.Matthew Vaughn wants the next one to be set In late 60's/Early 70's.Bryan Singer has said they are talking about jumping to 1970's In next chaper(with a jump to 1980's for final part of trilogy)

Cyclops Isn't born yet.A young cyclops wouldn't come Into trilogy till the final part when they jump to 1980's.Havoc may not even be around when that happens.He might be In
Second class but not when they finally get to the point of the class people are Intrested
In.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #97
josh8
Side-Kick

i hope they fudge the timeline and we can believe that the original X-Men movie was in the 90s. I mean it's hard enough to accept that the movie takes place around 2010 with Magneto being an 80 yr old villain.

That way Havok could have a baby brother (Cyclops) in the 60s who was sent into foster care or something. And then we could get Cyclops, Jean, and Storm by having the sequel jump about 10-15 yrs. It's not too hard to make McAvoy look older since he'll be bald and add some grey to Fassy's hair and we're done!

Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #98
BMM
Side-Kick

2010? I don't think it was ever implied that X-Men was supposed to take place that far in the not too distant future.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #99
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have also vied X-Man and X2(and The Last Stand If you want to Include It) as taking
place In the early 2000's but If they wanted to they could say they actully took place
In the middle or late 1990's.

The sequel will probally take place In early 70's and mostly Involve the first Class actors
with the third film set In early 80 to mid 80's.

They might not even have Xavier decide to open the school till the end of second film.

I certainly hope they don't ahve Magneto form the first version of the brotherhood till
Cyclops and Jean are Introduced as Students.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #100
chaseter
Bland User

X1 was in the early 2000s and X2 and X3 happened a few months each after one another so the latest I see those films stretching to is 2001-2002. Even in X2 they had an Nsync song that came out in 2000 as well as a Mazda RX8 that was available in 2001.

Jean, Scott, and Storm were in their mid to late 30s. Magneto and Charles were in their 60s. Mystique, Beast, and Wolverine are of course pretty much ageless because of their prosthetics and mutant abilities.

So if Jean, Scott, and Storm were to come along in a sequel to this, they could have easily been born in the early 60s and be teens in a movie set in the early 70s.

Also I really could care less if they fudged the ages a bit. I mean I don't want to see a 30 year old Storm in 1969 but a 15 year old Storm is fine.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Closed Thread