The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #151
PaJi
New User - Level 0

Default Re: The "Easter Eggs/References" Thread (Spoilers)

A Quick note about Twilight/ Sword of Doom. Has no one realised that Twilight is over 1000ft long and therefore cannot be in Odins Armoury.
Kevin Feige never names Twilight what he says is
"There is a sword there that may or may not be eternal."
The first thing I thought of when I read this was The Infinity Sword, which the name suggests that it's eternal but was shattered into thousands of fractals one of which created Reptil. These fractals could be used to create a completely new Hero and/ or Villain.
Again this is just a theory but.... The Infinity Sword WAS made for Thor.
Check this out;

Last edited by C. Lee; 05-15-2011 at 05:35 PM.
PaJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #152
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well in the comics there's the Twilight Sword AND the Odin Sword, both about the same length.
Can't see those pics by the way Paji, photobucket stinks these days with their sudden Bandwidth crud.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #153
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoulsonFan View Post
That's a reference to the part in Incredible Hulk when the army hits him with the sound cannons.
So, you're saying that Acura...in an article hyping their brand new product placement deal with Thor...where they talked about creating a brand new Acura that was not used in the final version of Thor...that they were ACTUALLY talking about another vehicle...NOT made by Acura...in a movie that was filmed years before their deal was made????

What is the possible motivation for Acura to do that?

No...much more likely is that the Acura spokesman was telling the truth...they built a new Acura for Thor which featured a Hulk Buster sound cannon that was cut from the final Thor film.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #154
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
So, you're saying that Acura...in an article hyping their brand new product placement deal with Thor...where they talked about creating a brand new Acura that was not used in the final version of Thor...that they were ACTUALLY talking about another vehicle...NOT made by Acura...in a movie that was filmed years before their deal was made????

What is the possible motivation for Acura to do that?

No...much more likely is that the Acura spokesman was telling the truth...they built a new Acura for Thor which featured a Hulk Buster sound cannon that was cut from the final Thor film.
maybe making those huge speaker boxes for cars?

....to every King.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #155
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan of the Hulkbuster armor, I've always been a fan of Iron Man's normal form fitting armor.

Besides, what's the point of the Hulkbuster with Thor and the rest of the Avengers around, I don't want them to make Hulk overpowered (see Hulk Vs.).
Oh I hope he's overpowered. I want a damn good Hulk vs Thor fight. Especially after watching Thor take down those frost giants and that beast. Looking at the Frost Giants now I can see Thor mistaking him for one or even a Troll and getting knocked on his ass for it.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #156
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Oh I hope he's overpowered. I want a damn good Hulk vs Thor fight. Especially after watching Thor take down those frost giants and that beast. Looking at the Frost Giants now I can see Thor mistaking him for one or even a Troll and getting knocked on his ass for it.
I think we've seen enough of that in recent animation, it's getting kind of old really.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #157
sgaana
Side-Kick

Is it too obvious to mention that the name of the NM town, "Puente Antiguo", means "Ancient Bridge"?

I've been wondering about this since my first viewing. Can anyone else here speak to whether a connection between Asgard and the Bifrost, and New Mexico, has some roots in the comics anywhere?

I assumed that the Viking-esque Asgardian knotwork circle that got burned into the ground when Thor landed was simply a feature of anywhere that Bifrost connects... except that I don't recall seeing the same thing on the ground on Jotunheim. (Well, darn, I guess that means I need to go see the movie again!)

But it certainly made me wonder if the implication was supposed to be that Odin just had the Bifrost connect with a random place on Earth to cast Thor down to... and that random place was "middle of nowhere, New Mexico", or whether there was some "reason" behind that connection point. (On the other hand I guess the selection couldn't have been too random. Odin wouldn't have wanted Thor to land in the middle of the Arctic, or in the ocean. At the same time, Thor got dumped in a place at least 15 miles from nearest human contact and in a place where figuring out which way to walk to get to civilization wouldn't have been easy to figure out.)

I guess I just wondered if the town's name was the film's writers just messing with us, or not.

sgaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #158
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaana View Post
Is it too obvious to mention that the name of the NM town, "Puente Antiguo", means "Ancient Bridge"?
It's not obvious to someone who doesn't speak Spanish.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #159
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Nice I did not know that, that's a nice little easter egg there sgaana

....to every King.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #160
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Does anyone think it is weird that SHIELD just lets Selvig (Loki) into their headquarters?

Don't they have security to recognize a fake person...?

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #161
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Does anyone think it is weird that SHIELD just lets Selvig (Loki) into their headquarters?

Don't they have security to recognize a fake person...?
I assume you're talking about the post-credit scene?

Well firstly that's really Selvig, not Loki posing as Selvig. Though Loki appears to influence Selvig during the scene.

Secondly, he was brought there by SHEILD, he didn't just wander in. And I don't thinks it's SHEILD's HQ (which would be the Hellicarrier?) just one of probably dozens of facilities they have scattered around the world.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #162
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I think we've seen enough of that in recent animation, it's getting kind of old really.
us fans, sure. But I think it'd be perfect for the general movie audience and I'm sure they'd all get a kick out of it. Thor hasn't really had any real competition, power-wise, on-screen yet anyway. He might've learned humility in his movie, but he hasn't really been beat down yet, so it'd be nice for him to get a little wake up call in that department. Plus, it's the perfect excuse for the Avengers to learn teamwork in the movie

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #163
sgaana
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
us fans, sure. But I think it'd be perfect for the general movie audience and I'm sure they'd all get a kick out of it. Thor hasn't really had any real competition, power-wise, on-screen yet anyway. He might've learned humility in his movie, but he hasn't really been beat down yet, so it'd be nice for him to get a little wake up call in that department. Plus, it's the perfect excuse for the Avengers to learn teamwork in the movie
Actually, been thinking about this a good bit; and have also been talking to some friends who really loved the movie, but who aren't terribly familiar with general comics. And I'm going to say... I disagree. I think Thor NEEDS to be shown as very powerful against the Hulk.

The thing is -- this movie wasn't a clear-cut primer on the power level of Asgardians or Thor in particular. It gave a few hints, and he looked completely badass in the fight scenes. But, when he was himself, his main opponents were other things that the GA has little way to judge in terms of how their power levels compare to other things the GA is actually familiar with. (Which is not necessarily the comics or any Avengers or Thor cartoons.)

Yes, the Frost Giants looked powerful, as did the Destroyer. But I don't think the GA can compare those opponents that well with, say, the Hulk. And the movie didn't have (or cut out) things like the Asgardians lifting stuff that would make an impression on the GA, like a car.

On the other hand, I'd say that if the GA has a sense of anything, it's the reputation of the Hulk in popular culture. Which, face it, the Hulk HAS a presence in popular culture. I would guess that people are generally aware of the Hulk as a character, and at least a very short brief of what his deal is (incredibly powerful, nearly unstoppable, "Hulk smash!", and "don't make him angry") -- I bet a lot of people could tell you at least that much (plus that he's green) if you stopped them on the street. It's not a detailed or nuanced view of the character, and it may not even be that accurate, but it's probably something the Avengers movie can count on.

Thor fighting the Hulk may be the first time the GA will see Thor's power in a context they can really understand. If they see the Hulk getting rocked by Thor, it will tell them faster than anything else how powerful Thor really is.

(Overall, I'm in favor of a pretty even fight that is interrupted before a real winner emerges. And I wouldn't mind at all if the point is made during it that the Hulk, in turn, is one of the toughest things Thor has ever encountered.)

sgaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #164
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I assume you're talking about the post-credit scene?

Well firstly that's really Selvig, not Loki posing as Selvig. Though Loki appears to influence Selvig during the scene.

Secondly, he was brought there by SHEILD, he didn't just wander in. And I don't thinks it's SHEILD's HQ (which would be the Hellicarrier?) just one of probably dozens of facilities they have scattered around the world.
Right, Eric even says that he was brought there at the beginning of the scene.

....to every King.