Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
Exactly.
Groovy.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: Thor's Action scenes

I just want to see a nice fight scene that is longer than one minute!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Angamb
Banned User

me too

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i am sure they will do good with fights heck the film is likely going to be 2hrs- 2hr 5mins frame. That seems to be the place marvel has for their films. So that leaves plently of time for a good fights all around.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
Invader34
Side-Kick

I would love to see some really great flying scenes. Be it the Ironman films, or Superman Returns, I feel like we really havent gotten any visually epic flying scenes yet in a superhero movie so I hope to see it with Thor.

By the way, does anyone know who's doing the effects?

Invader34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

hmm i forgot who it is for thor offhand. As for flying personally i think SR sucked alot, Ironman was great look, hancock looked good too flying to name a few recent yrs films.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post
Ive said this before. I just need to see this and Ill be good

They must show Frost Giants getting their asses kicked in the movie. It's a great way to establish Thor's strength, skill, determination, badassery.

MMMMM...Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader34 View Post
I would love to see some really great flying scenes. Be it the Ironman films, or Superman Returns, I feel like we really havent gotten any visually epic flying scenes yet in a superhero movie so I hope to see it with Thor.

By the way, does anyone know who's doing the effects?
I hope we get to see Thor look cool flying around too, but in terms of general flying scenes, I thought the ones in Iron Man where Tony has to dodge those jets was pretty awesome. That's my favorite "superhero flight" scene so far.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
superkong 500
Side-Kick

In case someone wants to know, BUF is the lead company doing the FX for Thor.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
superkong 500
Side-Kick

Things I hope to see in terms of action.

Thor throwing a lightning bolt and burning a dark elf a fairie or a frost giant to a crisp.

Thor swinging Mijolnir like a bat and smashing his opponents in the face sending them flying backwards.

Thor doing a giant leap to smash someone in the face (maybe a frost giant or the Destroyer)

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm trying not to put too many of my own specific expectations on the movie, but whenever I think about Thor rolling around Asgard pre-fall, being a completely arrogant jerk, my mind keeps going back to that scene from Ages of Thunder where he throws Mjolnir and then in the next panel you see it pop through the other side of a frost giant's head.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

I would just like to see Thor fighting using Mjolnir and some weather manipulation. I am pretty sure he will fly and the rest but essentially I want him doing the first two.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
3atman
Side-Kick

I want to see the sort of sarcastic bad ass scene where a lot of bad guys think they have the upper hand and then rather easily they are dispatched. Like the scene in the first Iron Man where the terrorists have like 5 people held a gunpoint and Tony has the 5 bullets shoot simultaneously and kill the guys to free the people. That was badass. I'd like to see something similar with Thor.

3atman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

That would be cool if they were taunting Thor because he's not supposed to exist. "God of thunder, huh? Well, guess what, pal? I'm an atheist!" And then he looks back to laugh with his buddies and when he turns around again he gets a hammer to the jaw that knocks him back a block or two.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #15
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I want Thor taking on a frost giant solo. Maybe it's his last battle in Asgard before being banished to Earth.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

There's no excuse for the action scenes to be meh.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #17
Angamb
Banned User

Ok, we have seen the trailer.

now going back to the topic... do you think we have seen the main action of the movie? or are they keeping the biggest action for the final trailer?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Ok, we have seen the trailer.

now going back to the topic... do you think we have seen the main action of the movie? or are they keeping the biggest action for the final trailer?
I'd go with the second option.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #19
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Probably keeping those scenes for other trailers. I'm sure the hammer Shock-wave is part of the battle with the Frost Giants that get's Thor banished.
You can't expect to see everything tho, there won't be anything left to the movie! lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Perhaps I'm not familiar, but is Thor's hammer supposed to act like Cap's Shield?

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Perhaps I'm not familiar, but is Thor's hammer supposed to act like Cap's Shield?
If you are asking whether it boomerangs back to Thor's hand after it being thrown, like Cap's shield, then the answer is yes. However, Thor's hammer uses magic to return to Thor, but I'm not sure how Cap's shield does its trick.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
echostation
Banned User

The battle scenes look more intimate and smaller scale. There were only like 5-6 frost giants vs the 5-6 Asgardians.

I do not predict massive scale LOTR battles. The 4 main action scenes being Thor vs Frost Giants, Thor vs Destroyer, Thor vs Shield Soldiers which is just a regular fist fight, then Thor vs Loki - again one on one intimate small scale stuff.

The scope of the film so far with the exception of the CGI asgard shots looks actually quite small for what I was expecting...

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
The scope of the film so far with the exception of the CGI asgard shots looks actually quite small for what I was expecting...
Ya no doubt. That could change once we've seen the film, but for now the teaser trailer gives it a very "kept" feel. The story itself really could be made into an LOTR-type, but that is obviously not going to be this film.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #24
daderade
Side-Kick

I think this movie looks like its going to be incredible for action! Think about it, how many fight scenes did either Hulk or Iron Man have? The Thor trailer already has more in quantity, and ALL of them are BIG...Frost Giants, SHIELD(as a mortal), Destroyer, and of course Loki. Thats saying that those are the ONLY fight scenes as well. I think the Destroyer fight is going to display his power the most. As for flight? ...well that is how he is going to get to where the Destroyer is after Coulson brings him back to the hammer as a last ditch effort

daderade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #25
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
The battle scenes look more intimate and smaller scale. There were only like 5-6 frost giants vs the 5-6 Asgardians.

I do not predict massive scale LOTR battles. The 4 main action scenes being Thor vs Frost Giants, Thor vs Destroyer, Thor vs Shield Soldiers which is just a regular fist fight, then Thor vs Loki - again one on one intimate small scale stuff.

Yeah I understand you, but I'd rather see more "focused" action rather than "large scale" action. It's because when the scope is too big they tend to "jump around" alot between different perspectives of the action (see. Transformers 1 final batte). "Focused" action allows for more detailed & more satisfying fight scenes

Besides, The Destroyer >>> Any amount of forces Loki can muster up. Unlike some peope on this thread I actually think they're going to save The Destroyer for the final batte, like they should (The Detroyer is far more of a threat than Loki)

Last edited by BigThor; 12-14-2010 at 08:25 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote