The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #26
SuperJ
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - Part 4

it still baffles and scares me how close Cage came to being Superman............

Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
How about replacing the Cage head with a Cavill head?

I really think that costume may be an indicator of things to come.
Consequently, I think the gargoyle's reaction is also an indicator of the aftermath to come.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
kal-elrebooted
True Superman Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Man, that suit looks so much like a rental Halloween costume it's not even funny.
Well then the suit looks ten times better than most superman halloween costumes

Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #29
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

I actually like the suit, just not with Cage in it.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 04-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #30
camp Blood
For your health!

Burton would have destroyed superman

Ex. Willy wonka - planets of the apes - Alice in wonderland

Last Burton film I honestly liked was sleepy hollow, all his new stuff sucks. Why does he insist on shoving Helena bonam Carter down our throats

I think my disappointment started with planet/apes. I went with my dad to see it at the famous ziegfeld theater thinking it was going to be great

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Last edited by camp Blood; 04-27-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #31
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
Burton would have destroyed superman

Ex. Willy wonka - planets of the apes - Alice in wonderland

Last Burton film I honestly liked was sleepy hollow, all his new stuff sucks. Why does he insist on shoving Helena bonam Carter down our throats
He likes his wife's p***y?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #32
camp Blood
For your health!

Knowing him he would make her Lois lane and she would be a british war journalist

Old 04-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #33
Man of Steel
Superman

Quote:
I found this on google. Whoever created it is a true maestro with great taste!
Replace Cage's head with Cavill's and there you have it,
a Superman costume for a new age!

ain't it cool?
Too much purple and it looks too much like armor.

Brandon Routh for Superman!

I believe in Henry Cavill as Superman!

DC-B Universe-My Personal Take on the DCU!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #34
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

not really news, but this gave me a little chuckle. Zack Snyder (not) talking about the costume...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/03/23...erman-costume/

Disclaimer: DO NOT take Zack Snyder literally when he says "No, it's not on that scale at all." he doesn't mean Superman won't look like Superman, he just means the look they're going for doesn't resemble either of the looks they're showing him.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #35
camp Blood
For your health!

I feel safe in the fact that this is a pretty heavy fan base and dc and wb want to make and not lose money so if he comes up with some retardo costume a'la tim burtons superman robot armor costume we see in production ( which was going to be painted a dark iridescent partly clear navy blue) that just won't happen there's way to much riding on this

If this fails and I hope it doesn't I really am wishing the best for it, BUT if it does it will cripple the supes movie franchise for a while and tarnish the name in general for a while

It would take years to shake the fail of it all, but I do hope that it is wicked

Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #36
BigA
Side-Kick

Just happen to find this picture online, but it's one of my favorite pics of Superman. If they can make some subtle changes to modernize in a bit it would be perfect IMO.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #37
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

If the new costume has the "S" on the back of the cape, I would like it to have a red background (like an inverse of the "S" on his chest), to provide contrast and definition without the outlines. Any thoughts?

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #38
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp Blood View Post
I feel safe in the fact that this is a pretty heavy fan base and dc and wb want to make and not lose money so if he comes up with some retardo costume a'la tim burtons superman robot armor costume we see in production ( which was going to be painted a dark iridescent partly clear navy blue) that just won't happen there's way to much riding on this

If this fails and I hope it doesn't I really am wishing the best for it, BUT if it does it will cripple the supes movie franchise for a while and tarnish the name in general for a while

It would take years to shake the fail of it all, but I do hope that it is wicked
If the fanbase was so heavy, Superman Returns would have had at least a 100m+ OW and made at least 500 worldwide; we would probably be discussing a potential second Singer and Routh sequel by this time.
The Superman movie franchise is crippled, that's why they brought in the big guns to reboot the sucker.
I can't imagine that they are interested in pleasing a small fan base.
They need to go with a different costume to capitalize on the financial potential of the reboot.
Sure, five thousand fan boys will be pissed off but the average movie goer won't care.
It is interesting how in the video linked above, Snyder will not confirm the traditional Superman suit and neither has Cavill, who also refused to discuss it during an interview.
People, if they did intend to use the traditional costume, then this would be a non-question, but Snyder and Cavill are not treating it like that and that in and of itself, speaks volumes.
We will know soon enough.
But to think that when Snyder and Cavill refuse to say "yes, it's the traditional costume" and insinuate that it is being modernized, it is a little naive to interpret that modernization as a mere updating of the costume fabrics and choice of color dyes.
Maybe not exactly the Nic Cage costume, which is growing on me, but not far from it.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #39
Eddie Nashton
Just some nut

I remember when I saw SR with my brother. I dragged him to the theatre and he didn't want to go.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #40
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
If the new costume has the "S" on the back of the cape, I would like it to have a red background (like an inverse of the "S" on his chest), to provide contrast and definition without the outlines. Any thoughts?
It works best just completely yellow, IMO.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 AM   #41
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Quote:
If the fanbase was so heavy, Superman Returns would have had at least a 100m+ OW and made at least 500 worldwide; we would probably be discussing a potential second Singer and Routh sequel by this time.
The Superman movie franchise is crippled, that's why they brought in the big guns to reboot the sucker.
I can't imagine that they are interested in pleasing a small fan base.
They need to go with a different costume to capitalize on the financial potential of the reboot.
Sure, five thousand fan boys will be pissed off but the average movie goer won't care.
It is interesting how in the video linked above, Snyder will not confirm the traditional Superman suit and neither has Cavill, who also refused to discuss it during an interview.
People, if they did intend to use the traditional costume, then this would be a non-question, but Snyder and Cavill are not treating it like that and that in and of itself, speaks volumes.
We will know soon enough.
But to think that when Snyder and Cavill refuse to say "yes, it's the traditional costume" and insinuate that it is being modernized, it is a little naive to interpret that modernization as a mere updating of the costume fabrics and choice of color dyes.
Maybe not exactly the Nic Cage costume, which is growing on me, but not far from it.
Finally, someone who is not in denial.

Last edited by Mace Bloodstone; 04-28-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #42
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
It works best just completely yellow, IMO.
What do you think about this?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #43
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
What do you think about this?

Can't see the picture.

The more you know.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #44
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post
Finally, someone who is not in denial.
name one production where they came out and described the costume and didnt make us question and guess what the costume is gonna look like...
Happened on Spider-man, X-men, Iron man, Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #45
camp Blood
For your health!

I'm not saying they are not going to change the suit and keep it traditional

What I am saying is that it's not going to be as radical as what Burton wanted to do. I dont expect a clone of the Chris reeves suit but I also don't expect a leather supersuit or the blue being changed to black or it to be armored looking

Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #46
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

I have to say that I am not entirely opposed to the idea itself of the costume being redesigned. If we are going to overhaul it from the ground-up, let's make it fit its origin in the film. If it's from Krypton, make it look more alien or at least unusual, maybe with gold instead of yellow and with alien symbols in some places, for example.

The more you know.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #47
roach
I am the night

i dont think its a complete overhaul....not from the character...its an overhaul of whats been done in the movies

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #48
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i dont think its a complete overhaul....not from the character...its an overhaul of whats been done in the movies
What do you mean? I am just talking about the Superman suit, not necessarily overhauling the entire character.

The more you know.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #49
roach
I am the night

why would they overhaul the look of a character that is ingrained in everyone's mind

Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #50
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

They wouldn't.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Closed Thread