The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

View Poll Results: Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?
THOR 144 45.28%
THE INCREDIBLE HULK 17 5.35%
IRON MAN 144 45.28%
IRON MAN 2 13 4.09%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #376
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,510
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

^I couldnt possibly disagree with you any more if you paid me. Definately the best one so far for me, my only gripe with it is I wish it was a bit longer.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #377
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyPoodoo View Post
Noooo. Thor is not the best Marvel studios film. It's their weakest to date.


#1 - Iron Man
#2 - The Incredible Hulk
#3 - Captain America: The First Avenger
#4 - Iron Man 2
#5 - Thor
okay

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #378
one4smoke
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewypoodoo View Post
noooo. Thor is not the best marvel studios film. It's their weakest to date.


#1 - iron man
#2 - the incredible hulk
#3 - captain america: The first avenger
#4 - iron man 2
#5 - thor
lmao!

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #379
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

LOL. Thor weaker than IH, Im2 and Cap? What a joke.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #380
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,931
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

It was only weaker than Iron Man 1

1-Iron Man
2-Thor
3-Captain America: The First Avenger
4-The Incredible Hulk/ Iron Man 2

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #381
ChewyPoodoo
Bantha Fodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Jundland Wastes - Traveling Lightly
Posts: 122
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
LOL. Thor weaker than IH, Im2 and Cap? What a joke.
If you actually know the norse characters as well as the comics, you know that the film was nearly a joke. in the words of Roger Ebert "I wonder with a dread fear if someone in Hollywood, stuck with a movie about a Norse god, said "Get Branagh. He deals with that Shakespeare crap." - spot on assessment.


Last edited by ChewyPoodoo; 10-08-2011 at 07:55 PM.
ChewyPoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #382
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Considering I collect his comics for about 20 years and I read a lot about Norse mythology, I consider a poor critic by someone who doesn't know about either as being quite invalid.
Too bad some posters need to post a ridiculous comment like that as some form to validate their pov's, when ,in fact, it's one of the worst forms of fallacy they could use in a argument.
Try again, kid.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #383
ChewyPoodoo
Bantha Fodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Jundland Wastes - Traveling Lightly
Posts: 122
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Considering I collect his comics for about 20 years and I read a lot about Norse mythology, I consider a poor critic by someone who doesn't know about either as being quite invalid.
Too bad some posters need to post a ridiculous comment like that as some form to validate their pov's, when ,in fact, it's one of the worst forms of fallacy they could use in a argument.
Try again, kid.
Haha you claim you've collected for 20 years and expect that to be accepted as fact, yet you also claim that I do not know about either, based on what? yeahhh google the word fallacy, "kid".

ChewyPoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #384
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,953
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Incredible Hulk and Cap were my favorites, I loved Iron Man and Thor about the same.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #385
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Because it's a fact, and i can prove it. And the ''critic'' is the one by Ebert, son.
Nope, I knew athe meaning fallacy much before google was invented, kid.
But you, even with google,is beyong help hehehehe.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #386
ChewyPoodoo
Bantha Fodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Jundland Wastes - Traveling Lightly
Posts: 122
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Because it's a fact, and i can prove it. And the ''critic'' is the one by Ebert, son.
Nope, I knew athe meaning fallacy much before google was invented, kid.
But you, even with google,is beyong help hehehehe.
cool story, bro.

ChewyPoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #387
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

LOL. How original for a 10 year old.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #388
ChewyPoodoo
Bantha Fodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Jundland Wastes - Traveling Lightly
Posts: 122
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
LOL. How original for a 10 year old.

It seems to offend you if someone has a different opinion than you on the comic book movie of Thor. It's a movie, dude. a terrible movie, but a movie nevertheless. Agree to disagree and chill with the insults.

ChewyPoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #389
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,953
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Battle royale!

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #390
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Me? Offended? Not at all. I have too much to worry about.

ps: Thor was great.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #391
ChewyPoodoo
Bantha Fodder
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Jundland Wastes - Traveling Lightly
Posts: 122
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Me? Offended? Not at all. I have too much to worry about.

ps: Thor was great.
Comic book accuracy aside, structurally the movie is poorly made. Loki's betrayal is weak, no power or emotion whatsoever behind it, the way they displayed it is like he's been evil all along, there's no power there. And to Thor, it feels like he learns his life lesson in a day, the display of passing time is none existent. Among many other smaller flaws (like Thor's flight, and The Warriors Three).

ChewyPoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #392
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Well, Loki's reasons were never simple, specially in the comics. You gotta remember he's the god of mischief.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #393
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Battle royale!
Let's get it on!!!

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #394
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Iron Man > Thor > TIH = Iron Man 2

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #395
zanos
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,810
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Where's X-Men, FF, Punisher, Ghost Rider and all the other choices?

zanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #396
ripse
Spider-Man_Blue
 
ripse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: E_J
Posts: 453
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Iron Man 2 is still best....no doubt

ripse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #397
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanos View Post
Where's X-Men, FF, Punisher, Ghost Rider and all the other choices?
In the crapper. Where they belong.


(Psst! None of those were made by Marvel studios )

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #398
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
In the crapper. Where they belong.


(Psst! None of those were made by Marvel studios )
Hehehehehehe

Some people STILL don't understand the concept that only a select few Marvel films were made by Marvel Studios.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #399
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hehehehehehe

Some people STILL don't understand the concept that only a select few Marvel films were made by Marvel Studios.


Thank goodness Marvel got the Avengers franchise!

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #400
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,506
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Indeed!!!!

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.