The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #76
Hoblin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Hulk Vs Thor - The Movie Edition

I'm about as big of a Hulk fan as someone can be, and I would NOT like to see Hulk lifting up Thor's hammer. It would break cannon badly. I wouldn't mid him TRYING to pick it up, but if he tries then he should fail.

But Captain America? I woulnd't mind him picking it up. Actually, that would make my day.

Hoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #77
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Might be cool for the more fervent Hulk fans to see but I'd think it cooler to see Marvel's strongest failing to even shift the hammer at all. Would really convey just how special the thing really is, and how big a deal it is to be found worthy enough to wield it (ie: If movie Cap lifts it for example).
I agree that he shouldn't be able to lift it. However, I would love to see Thor throw it at him and The Hulk punch it and stop it's flight. The Holy Crap look on Thors face would make me a very happy Hulk fan. Thor could say something like "By the gods" Or "By Odin's right eye." and the Hulk could simply say "Bah, puny hammer' LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #78
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Jack View Post
I agree that he shouldn't be able to lift it. However, I would love to see Thor throw it at him and The Hulk punch it and stop it's flight. The Holy Crap look on Thors face would make me a very happy Hulk fan. Thor could say something like "By the gods" Or "By Odin's right eye." and the Hulk could simply say "Bah, puny hammer' LOL
I wouldn't go quite that far with it: Hulk shouldn't be able to just stop it like that (effectively neutralising it as weapon). Withstanding a full on hit though, hurt but shaking it off and getting all the madder, would be enough to get a 'holy s##t' moment out of Thor.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #79
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoblin View Post
I'm about as big of a Hulk fan as someone can be, and I would NOT like to see Hulk lifting up Thor's hammer. It would break cannon badly. I wouldn't mid him TRYING to pick it up, but if he tries then he should fail.

But Captain America? I woulnd't mind him picking it up. Actually, that would make my day.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Cap lift it, but he's the only one I'd like to see do it.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #80
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Personaly I just want to see then trade some serious blows. I'd like to see Hulk knocked to the ground hard by the hammer shot at first but by the end of the fight Thor should hit him with an uppercut from hell with the spinning hammer and it should be like that moment when Tyson hit Holy with the upper cut.... Holy took a few steps back and then smiled.

That should the oh... ' my gawd monent, where THor realizes this Mortal.... is trully something else.

Thor should also take an increadible shot or two on the button from the HUlk and come right back for more..... making the Hulk confused at first..... he is used to seeing people like ROth FLy when he hit them..... Thor should stand his ground.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I havent seen Thor yet, and I am more of a fan of Hulk by a long way so obviously I would like him to win, but I think it would be best if they just drew. TIH Hulk was pretty powerful, and took a hell of beating from Abom, who seemed pretty damn powerful himself, so I wouldnt under-estimate this Hulk.

If it was the Hulk from Ang Lee's movie though, Thor would have nothing down for him!

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #82
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

I like the idea of both of them gaining respect for the other, after coming back from a blow or a hit no one else has withstood before. Set them up to cooperate later on based on this. Maybe a situation where it appears Hulk will seemingly sacrifice himself, and Thor, knowing Hulk can survive whatever it is because he withstood his earlier attack, lets it happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #83
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid View Post
Personaly I just want to see then trade some serious blows. I'd like to see Hulk knocked to the ground hard by the hammer shot at first but by the end of the fight Thor should hit him with an uppercut from hell with the spinning hammer and it should be like that moment when Tyson hit Holy with the upper cut.... Holy took a few steps back and then smiled.

That should the oh... ' my gawd monent, where THor realizes this Mortal.... is trully something else.

Thor should also take an increadible shot or two on the button from the HUlk and come right back for more..... making the Hulk confused at first..... he is used to seeing people like ROth FLy when he hit them..... Thor should stand his ground.
Agreed, I would like for both of them to have a moment where they merely stumble backwards after they take a hard blow.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #84
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

After finally seeing Thor, the movie counter-parts of both of these characters seem pretty evenly matched, Thor has more in his locker, but Hulk always has that card of getting stronger and stronger the madder he gets, it will be a close one.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #85
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Watching yer Av Aveit makes me think of an awsome sceane (I know it was ANgs Hulk but still.

Imagine Hulk hiting Thor like he hits the tank same general motion but instead of smacking it up with the second motion he grabs thor and smashes him to the ground........ Even Thor Cringes as his ribs crunch a bit Then THor Cracks him good to the jaw with a backhand style smash to the jaw with the hammer that actually gives Thor the time to get to his feet....

leaving guys like Stark slack jawed in amazement....

Old 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #86
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Ooooohhhhhh that would be amazing! Cant wait to see these two duke it out to be honest. I think the fight would go a bit like the Abom fight, in the early stages Thor would get the better of him, but Hulk would then get really pissed off and the rest would be history.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #87
Superhero 101
DESI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoblin View Post

has Cap ever lifted Thor's Hammer in the Comics?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #88
herakles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
i kinda liked the scene in Ultimate Avengers where Hulk picks up Thor's Hammer and hurls it at him i hope we can see something similar like that
That is in the Ultimate Universe! In 616 Hulk should NOT be able to Mjolnir unless he was worthy also the big war hammer isn't Mjolnir!

IN my opinion as long as Thor has Mjolnir he should win because he has more diverse power capability at his disposal. Also I get pissed when writers write Thor in such a stupid way. WHY doesn Thor stand and go toe to toe with Hulk! He is playing into Hulk's strengths instead of his own!

Also I think Thor would take out Hulk fairly fast if he used all his powers up front instead of going hand to hand right away.

herakles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #89
ArtTeacher
Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midguard777 View Post
Thor has always held back his full might when confronting the Hulk, Thor knows and senses that a innocent being is trapped inside the Hulks monsterous body, that is why Thor never fully unleashes his full might against the Hulk making it seem the Hulk has a chance with Thor when in reality, he stands no chance.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #90
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Yup. He's one of the few who are worthy to pick up Mjolnir.

I would try to find some pictures, but I'm lazy. :P

Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #91
herakles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes he has once. Thor # 390

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(comics)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1005519AAqGtum

herakles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #92
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtTeacher View Post
Brilliant!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #93
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Ah. Great pic!!
But yeah, its been stated recently (post Civil War, I believe) that Thor, 9 times out of 10, had only ever used about 30 percent of his raw power. (Correct me if I have the numbers wrong)
thor is one of the most powerful guys in the Marvel U, no doubt. But I don't think he ever really held back against the Hulk for long.
In a pure brute fist fight, Hulk may take the win.....a hard fought win, but I think Thor would know better than to just engage the jade giant with his fists. I mean, he's strong and fast enough to be able to knock out Hulk, before the strength starts building to uncontrollable levels...(Samson accomplished this in the comics as well)
I say, no clear winner. Just an epic battle.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #94
DieSmiling
WINNING

Quote:
That's awesome.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #95
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I can imagine a scenario where Thor is beating Hulk badly with Mjolnir, then as Thor goes for another hit, Hulk deflects and sends Mjolnir flying out of Thor's hands, before Thor can summon the hammer back, Hulk, really angry, starts laying into Thor until the fight is broken up by something.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #96
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

The only caveat I see here is that we have no evidence that the movie Thor is nearly as strong as his comic counterpart (strength wise). In the comics Hulk and Thor are in the same league strength wise, in the movies i'm not so sure yet.

Thor obviously has more "power" overall, but the punching contest is hard to gauge without knowing what strength and invulnerability class Thor is at in the MMU.

If Thor can't give and take a hit with the Hulk in the movies then it will get interesting. I hope he can and will honestly, but we don't know for sure what they have established. He tossed a big table and took some frost giant shots so we know he is very strong and tough but we haven't seen anything close to Hulk level in either.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #97
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
The only caveat I see here is that we have no evidence that the movie Thor is nearly as strong as his comic counterpart (strength wise). In the comics Hulk and Thor are in the same league strength wise, in the movies i'm not so sure yet.

Thor obviously has more "power" overall, but the punching contest is hard to gauge without knowing what strength and invulnerability class Thor is at in the MMU.

If Thor can't give and take a hit with the Hulk in the movies then it will get interesting. I hope he can and will honestly, but we don't know for sure what they have established. He tossed a big table and took some frost giant shots so we know he is very strong and tough but we haven't seen anything close to Hulk level in either.
Yeah, that has more to do with how the movie was written than him actually not being as strong as Hulk. Thor was just as much of an origin story for Mjolnir as it was for Thor so there was alot of focus on swhat Thor can do with it rather than what he can do without it.

Oh and that huge table Thor flipped was made out of Asgardian materials so it was probably about as heavy as a car (or heavier). The heaviest thing we saw Hulk lift in TIH was a humvhee, so it's not like he was shown at his true strength either.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-14-2011 at 04:33 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #98
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Yup. He's one of the few who are worthy to pick up Mjolnir.

I would try to find some pictures, but I'm lazy. :P
Here's one. Don't be thown off by the black suit, that's Steve Rogers when he had problems with the higher ups in the government. They had some other loose cannon running around posing as Captain America then.

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 05-15-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Gamma Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #99
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Classic issue, classic battle, and amazing art by Sal Buscema!

The only thing that bothered me in that issue was the "test of strength" that lasted an hour. It made no sense to me. It bothered me for two reasons:

1) Thor cannot amplify his strength alone, while the Hulk can. In a pure test of strength the Hulk should win (especially the Savage Hulk, since he based his entire essence around being the strongest. The thought of someone being stronger than him just made him that much more angry)! The in-continuity answer is that Banner holds the Hulk back when fighting heroes. (Lame! )

2) *If* we are forced to assume that Thor and the Hulk are equal in strength, then Thor would beat the Hulk 100/100 times. Think about it--if you were fighting a clone of yourself, except your clone had a hammer that just happened to be one of the most powerful weapons in the universe *and* your clone had, literally, thousands of years of battle experience, training, could fly, etc. and could summon lightning at will to strike you, you would lose 100% of the time. In other words, to even *hope* to compete with your clone, you would have to have some considerable advantage.
No, this was perfectly written. Thor's base strength is beyond Hulks. He is physically stronger. Thor holds back when fighting the hulk, even physically, because he can die. As Hulk's strength grows in this lock up, yet Thor doesn't budge? He is generally applying more strength, which means Thor holds back. He's said it himself. Thor never uses full power when fighting the The Hulk, Thor has beaten a stuffed Galactus, Glory, The Surfer, Thor never uses full potential when fighting the Hulk. Why? Because their rivalry is very popular, wouldn't do Marvel any good to have Thor destroy the Hulk everytime, like he should. Thor holds back

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 AM   #100
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I havent seen Thor yet, and I am more of a fan of Hulk by a long way so obviously I would like him to win, but I think it would be best if they just drew. TIH Hulk was pretty powerful, and took a hell of beating from Abom, who seemed pretty damn powerful himself, so I wouldnt under-estimate this Hulk.

If it was the Hulk from Ang Lee's movie though, Thor would have nothing down for him!
I think movie thor wrecks them both

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote