The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Default Favorite Moment or Dramatic Scene

Hey I noticed that we have threads on favorite fight scene and the funniest scene .. However this movie also had a alot of dramatic scenes or moments experienced by the characters that just got to you ... so here is mine

Loved the opening with odin with young thor and loki, giving them a history lesson and what struck me right off the bat was thor was very full of excitment and very eager and even then loki was kind of quiet and taking it all in . very well done !!!

The scene during the frost giant fight when loki gets touched by the giant and the giant kind of jumps back and is like what the hell ...and loki is all confused .

Odin and Laufey confrontation both in battle and just after the frost fight ..you can feel the tension

Thor's banishment ... he didn't see it comming

Loki and Odin in the vault ... heartrenching , loki is so full of anger and dispair , especially when he screams TELL ME !!!

when thor asks loki if he can come home ... again heartrenching on thor's part, well done hemsworth . Also when he is apolgizing to loki when confronting the destroyer ... epic

When loki goes to laufey and the whole doublecross ... fantastic , laufey never saw it comming .

The whole thor vs loki fight ... the diolgue is just amazing , it really was the turning point for them .

The movie is just so good .

ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Favorite Moment or Dramatic Scene

Well My favorite dramatic scene was when Odin told Loki of his past and Odin's plan to have Loki become the Frost Giant king hoping to bring the two world's together. I felt so sorry for Loki.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Odin kicking Thor out.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Loki at the end when he said something like: "I could have done it father, for us!" It was so wierd" I'm not used to seeing a moment like that in a superhero film.

JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
Bren
Forevernoob

Thor failing to lift Mjolnir
Thor "can I come home"
Odin / Loki in the vault.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
DACrowe
Side-Kick

The best moment of the film is when Thor at the beginning marches in shining armor in the throne room and everyone is cheering or rolling their eyes (I love Hopkins in this scene). It felt like the wedding in Hamlet. It played to Branagh's strengths and sense of majestic scope.

But after that the best scenes were between Thor, Odin and Loki. Those (along with the action sequences and anything with the rainbow bridge) were the best parts of the movie.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Thor failing to lift Mjolnir
Thor "can I come home"
Odin / Loki in the vault.
thor screaming after trying to lift mjolnir is one of my favorites, and the asking loki to come home was second. seeing thor just look like he was completely crushed and like he would be stuck as a mortal was the best. looked like he didn't care if he lived or died at that point.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Thor "can I come home"

This scene is perhaps more powerful than any scene I've seen in any of the MCU films imho.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Rock Sexton
Banned User

One of mine is after the Frost Giants broke into the vault and Thor is having a back and forth with Odin. He then says to him, "As king of Asgard ...." only to be interrupted by Odin's, ".... BUT YOU'RE NOT KING. Not yet." Hopkins really owned that little moment.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
One of mine is after the Frost Giants broke into the vault and Thor is having a back and forth with Odin. He then says to him, "As king of Asgard ...." only to be interrupted by Odin's, ".... BUT YOU'RE NOT KING. Not yet." Hopkins really owned that little moment.
Yes, that was ****ing brilliant.

Also, when Odin comes to Jotunheim and Thor is like "We'll crush them together father!" And Odin just hisses at him. "Silence".

But I think my favourite dramatic scene in the whole movie was Loki confronting Odin. Just a masterclass in acting. That scene would not look out of place in some high brow, Oscar bait period drama.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Yes, that was ****ing brilliant.

Also, when Odin comes to Jotunheim and Thor is like "We'll crush them together father!" And Odin just hisses at him. "Silence".
Yup .... Thor's excited "Father! We'll finish them together!" and the Odin silences him .... The audience got a little chuckle out of that.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 AM   #12
irapogi
Side-Kick

Best scene in any marvel movie ... for me.
Loki and Odin in the room.

...two words...

TELL ME!!!!!

Also, i said this in another board, anyone else think its cute how both of em are fighting for odin's love/respect/whatever
Thor first, when odin comes to Jotunheim, thor glows, "FATHER! We'll finish them together!" then odin's like "silence!" lol
then later in the movie, Loki's "Father! I could've done it! for you!" he too, glows!
then odin's like "no." lol

who knew odin was such an ass. hehe.

but yeah, for sure the three of em, best scenes and best actors.
Major props to brannagh for getting Hiddleston, Hemsworth and Hopkins!
the triple H!
lol.

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

- Thor's banishment. Especially the moment when he goes through the bifrost and Odin does the incantation over Mjolnir and throws it after Thor.

- Odin reveals his original plans for Loki. Hiddleston is great in this sequence.

- Loki visits Thor in the SHIELD cell.

- "I could have done it father. For you! For all of us!"

Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

since nobody said it yet:
loki and frigga at odins bed. I love hiddlestons acting in that scene. subtle but very effective.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
since nobody said it yet:
loki and frigga at odins bed. I love hiddlestons acting in that scene. subtle but very effective.
smacks head .. omg how could I have left that out . I agree , it was almost as if loki was started to come around and feel accepted , until she mentioned Thor and it was like a 180 turn.. the look on his face. Brilliant acting and once again he didnt have to say a word and you knew what he was thinking . Hiddleston was perfect playing loki

ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #16
hugekent
Side-Kick

The two scenes that stood out to me and seemingly most of us on SHH were: Loki and Odin's talk; and Thor's banishment. Big moments that were acted tremendously.

hugekent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
Superhero 101
DESI

My Favorite Scenes were
1. Opening with Hopkins narrarating
2.Thor's Banishment
3.Loki Odin Confrontation
4. And probably my most Favorite was Thor going towards the Destroyer and Thor Apologizing
5.And Thor Loki fight

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I can't really pick a single favorite scene, but I know if I could, it'd come from the Odin/Loki/Thor parts. Excellent actors fleshing out an excellent set of relationships between excellent characters with gut-wrenching intensity. What more can you ask for in a film?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

I loved when Thor apologized to Loki anyways after not being allowed to come home. That was a really well done scene.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The scene where Thor sacrificed himself to The Destroyer and then was resurrected and took it down, the exchange that followed between Thor and Jane about his look and then her giggle as he pulled her close to fly off rounded out that whole scene perfectly, a bit of everything.

My second favourite was the scene between Thor and Loki in the holding cell, some fantastic acting from Hemsworth and Hiddelston.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I almost jumped out of my chair and cheered when Thor "died" and Mjolnir shot into the sky like a rocket.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #22
The Batman
The Dark Knight

"But you're NOT king....not yet"

Brilliant acting

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #23
The Morningstar
Banned User

^ Yea, that was awesome. The sour look on Hemsworth's face was just great.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

The arguments between Thor and Odin were great. Not just because of the acting but because Branagh made them really intense and realistic. No one can relate to gods or different worlds or other things so cosmic in scope, so the family drama necessarily became the movie's--and character's--"in" for those who aren't already predisposed to liking big cosmic stuff. Branagh exploited that family drama perfectly. You could really feel the disappointment as Odin gazed at his son parading himself so boisterously through his coronation, Thor's rage at this old man who seemingly just wanted to hold him back from the greatness he believed he could accomplish, and Loki's quiet, two-faced manipulations because his already obvious desperation to please his father only became magnified when he found out Odin was actually his foster father. The family stuff was really the linchpin that brought the movie together. I was more pleased with the effectiveness of those brother/father/son scenes than I was with all of the cool action spectacles put together.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #25
The Batman
The Dark Knight

^ Yup. The second time I saw it, you could feel the crowd thinking "Oh *****" when Thor said the "old man and a fool" line.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote