The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,183
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Just when you thought you couldn't ever (re-)capture any sense of wonder in an X-Men movie due to it being too familiar....Vaughn does it!

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,754
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

I've submitted myself to the spoiling. I won't enjoy the film any less in theaters. Unless it sucks. Which it really looks like it won't.

__________________
I'm just another cautionary tale no one listens to.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
kieron39
Side-Kick
 
kieron39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GB
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

i learnt my lesson with X3 not to put to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire with praise!
don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?


Last edited by kieron39; 05-11-2011 at 01:42 PM.
kieron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Yeah, this is the only movie this summer that I'm ok with spoiling myself...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #30
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron39 View Post
i learnt my lesson with X3 not to much to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire! with praise! don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?
You give them way too much credit.

The last movie had problems that couldn't have been FOX related...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #31
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.
 
gap5ewl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North America
Posts: 5,162
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

That clip was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I haven't been this excited and blown away since X2 nearly 10 years ago!

Why isn't it June 3rd yet damnit!??!?!?

__________________
"Whenever someone calls me ugly, I get super sad and hug them, because I know how tough life is for the visually impaired"-Will Ferrel.
gap5ewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #32
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

480p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sid=123815972

720p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sid=123815973

1080p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sid=123815974

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,183
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron39 View Post
i learnt my lesson with X3 not to much to much faith in clips and trailers! u guys remember to overload of stuff we got in the run up to the release, these boards were on fire! with praise! don't get me wrong, I've liked all of Vaughn's other films, but Fox have a habit of messing with the Xverse, look at Origins! and Gavin hood seemed promising before release no?

Honestly, no they(X3, XW) didn't look anywhere near as good as these do(other than maybe the GG bridge scene in X3"s trailer). You could just tell from them that they were shoving buttloads of mutants into the films and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 99% were gonna get the shaft and simply be there to just occupy space and be fan service.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #34
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Really fun, loved the "spy" line, never saw it coming, and the bonus was the first taste of Jackman's score. But I really need to stop watching these clips and promos, I'm spoiling every second available online.


Last edited by By your Command; 05-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
the a1ant
Awesome
 
the a1ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 19,413
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

This clip felt very consistent with the previous X-Men films. McAvoy is a perfect young version of Patrick Stewart.

__________________
X-MenFilms
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #36
Glutton
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 137
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Holy crap this is too much!I gotta contain myself

Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #37
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
Really fun, loved the "spy" line, never saw it coming, and the bonus was the first taste of Jackman's score. But I really need to stop watching this clips and promos, I'm spoiling every second available online.
Ditto...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,396
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Cool clip. I'm pretty sure that is Stryker's father or someone related to him. I have my doubts a CIA agent at that age would be fighting in Vietnam as Stryker claimed in X2.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #39
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

just like X3, fox is probably going to spoil the whole film in order to sell.

...it's working.

...and miss byrne is looking lovely as usual.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #40
kieron39
Side-Kick
 
kieron39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GB
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Honestly, no they(X3, XW) didn't look anywhere near as good as these do(other than maybe the GG bridge scene in X3"s trailer). You could just tell from them that they were shoving buttloads of mutants into the films and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 99% were gonna get the shaft and simply be there to just occupy space and be fan service.
Maybe, but i remember seeing about 80% of posters on here having nerdgasms when we saw the fastball special, when we saw the sentinals head, saw a face off with ice man and pyro! i especially remember the reactions to "im the juggernaut B*T*H" line being used from the cartoon parody! everyone had high hopes, i think for me i'd like to be pleasantly suprised by if it's good, and not be dissapointed if it blows, or maybe the fan boy in me has died a bit! hahaha

kieron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
just like X3, fox is probably going to spoil the whole film in order to sell.

...it's working.

...and miss byrne is looking lovely as usual.
Trust me, they did a lot more for X2..

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #42
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,183
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron39 View Post
Maybe, but i remember seeing about 80% of posters on here having nerdgasms when we saw the fastball special, when we saw the sentinals head, saw a face off with ice man and pyro! i especially remember the reactions to "im the juggernaut B*T*H" line being used from the cartoon parody! everyone had high hopes, i think for me i'd like to be pleasantly suprised by if it's good, and not be dissapointed if it blows, or maybe the fan boy in me has died a bit! hahaha

Probably because they're big X-men fans and that can cloud one's judgement. I'm not. I've never been. And I guarantee this film won't convert me to one, no matter how good it is. But I do enjoy a well made superhero film even if I'm not particularly a fan of the character(s)(Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, SM2, X2, Thor, etc.). This film is now an absolute must see for me and I fully expect that for me(at least) it'll likely be the best X-men movie ever made.

Now if you start talking about a Hulk or Iron Man movies then I lose some objectivity since they're my all time faves but here with this film I can view it much more objectively. And what I've seen kicks ass like nothing I've yet seen from anything in the X-Men films to date.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #43
kieron39
Side-Kick
 
kieron39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GB
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
Trust me, they did a lot more for X2..
I can garuntee you there wasn't as much online promotion for X2 as there was for the last 2, definitly more than the original X-men, but there was only yahoo movies back in 03 that was really pushing that movie! now we get all these virals and internaional spots on on youtube.. X2 might of had more on TV promo.

kieron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #44
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,219
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Xavier just schooled them CIA prigs!

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #45
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron39 View Post
I can garuntee you there wasn't as much online promotion for X2 as there was for the last 2, definitly more than the original X-men, but there was only yahoo movies back in 03 that was really pushing that movie! now we get all these virals and internaional spots on on youtube.. X2 might of had more on TV promo.
lol, no. I remember the days here on 2001-2003. I'm not talking about the medium, I'm talking about the AMOUNT of material. Viral marketing didn't exist back then, but the amount of media promotion that was there in terms of material was probably a lot more than X3 or at the very least on the same level..

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #46
kieron39
Side-Kick
 
kieron39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: GB
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Probably because they're big X-men fans and that can cloud one's judgement. I'm not. I've never been. And I guarantee this film won't convert me to one, no matter how good it is. But I do enjoy a well made superhero film even if I'm not particularly a fan of the character(s)(Superman: The Movie, Batman Begins, SM2, X2, Thor, etc.). This film is now an absolute must see for me and I fully expect that for me(at least) it'll likely be the best X-men movie ever made.

Now if you start talking about a Hulk or Iron Man movies then I lose some objectivity since they're my all time faves but here with this film I can view it much more objectively. And what I've seen kicks ass like nothing I've yet seen from anything in the X-Men films to date.
I'm hearing where you're coming from, and me too man, i'll defend Hulk (2003) to death, i think that's one of the most underrated movies

kieron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #47
psyonic
X-Man
 
psyonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

I remember seeing as much as 10 movie clips for X2 online before its release .. not including trailers/ tv spots .. one clip i remember seeing was the Wolverine and Deathstrike fight with her revealing her claws..

"sparkly dames and vanishing men" Emma Frost and Azazel?

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #48
Deaths Head II
The Sequel
 
Deaths Head II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,079
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
"sparkly dames and vanishing men" Emma Frost and Azazel?
I'm guessing that means Xavier encounters Emma and Azazel prior to this scene.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Ellis
Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #49
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,390
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

Didn't Fox release an entire 7 minute clip, or something like that, for The Last Stand as well? That was ridiculous.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #50
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

First Class Is probally going to top X-Men among fans and could challenge X2 as best
X-Men film(By know people know I consider X2 as best Marvel film)

The trailers,TV spots,and now clips for First Class blow away anything from The Last Stand and Wolverine.I look forward to this more than them.From the time I saw the script review for the Last Stand on AICN I was always cautas on Last Stand.First Class
returns to the X2 level of excitement.back In 2003 the matrix reloaded got more buzz from some people but It was X2 that was the summer 2003 film that didn't disappoint.First Class may follow X2's example.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.