The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Default Will X-Men First Class have a post-credit tag?

Well, ever since 2006 or so, nearly every comic book movie, particularly Avengers-related Marvel movies, have been attaching post-credit scenes, hinting at a possible setup for a sequel, an unseen resolution of certain characters, or something similar..

With all of the ideas being thrown around from Singer and Co about sequels and even a X3 sequel, how likely is it that XMFC will have a tag at the end?

I say it's 50/50. Most audiences who will see this movie are going to be expecting to see something now (both X3 and XMO:W had tags). It's to the point where these comic book movies have reached the point of no return and now audiences will now feel cheated if there AREN'T tags at the end of the films.

How do you feel about this?

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
the a1ant
Awesome

Default Re: Will X-Men First Class have a post-credit tag?

I'm almost 99% sure there will be a post credits scene.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
Mako
Galactic Crusier

I honestly wouldn't mind one but I wouldn't be disappointed if there wasn't one.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I'm willing to bet there is going to be something after the credits, considering they want this to be a trilogy.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
psyonic
X-Man

I think it'll be nice to have a scene where Xavier uses a round room Cerebro and the schematics of the world lighting up in Alaska, New York and Africa, where Scott, Jean and Storm are from, respectively. Of course this can be months or even years after the events of First Class .. but just a little teaser that would be cool and I do hope most of the audience can pin-point these locations on a map to get the scene.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I think it'll be nice to have a scene where Xavier uses a round room Cerebro and the schematics of the world lighting up in Alaska, New York and Africa, where Scott, Jean and Storm are from, respectively. Of course this can be months or even years after the events of First Class .. but just a little teaser that would be cool and I do hope most of the audience can pin-point these locations on a map to get the scene.
If there is after credits scene and if it's anything like this, it will be awesome and I love the idea

Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I think a nice way to make a scene like thay more obvious for the general audience is to have Havok walk in on Xavier while he's using Cerebro. Havok can ask Xavier if he's found anyone else that is like them. Xavier can tell him "Yes, I believe I've found a small girl in Africa who can make it rain hail when she is upset. And a red-headed girl in New York who is a lot like me. Oh, and I believe I've found your brother." Havok gives him a confused look and the scene ends.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I would approve of something like that...

Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #9
kieron39
Side-Kick

out of context i know, but as this movie is a prequel as stated by Singer, are they going to include a similar scene like the one we saw for X3 with a bald (still walking) charles and erik going to recruit jean? because it's obvious they are still friends in that clip, and im pretty sure by the end of first class they won't be..

kieron39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 AM   #10
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieron39 View Post
out of context i know, but as this movie is a prequel as stated by Singer, are they going to include a similar scene like the one we saw for X3 with a bald (still walking) charles and erik going to recruit jean? because it's obvious they are still friends in that clip, and im pretty sure by the end of first class they won't be..
There was an interview from Vaughn/Singer that sorta implied that they weren't even going to take liberties with those moments in particular...

Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #11
Silvermoth
Avenger

That would be cool. Something like "It's time to begin the Sentinel initiative" or an appearence by Mr Sinister or Apocalpse but both obvious and effective not to mention very cool

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

bah, doesn't matter to me. The film isn't connected to the MU

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Its cool...but I won't be disappointed if not...I second Silvermoth's sentinel idea lol

Old 05-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
chaseter
Bland User

Wth is a tag?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #15
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

It would be nice if the movie had one but only after a couple of seconds of credits rolling and not having to sit through the entire credits.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
It would be nice if the movie had one but only after a couple of seconds of credits rolling and not having to sit through the entire credits.
Preach it...LOL...if there is, I'll just look it up...I'm sure it would be available online at some point...I just hate sitting through credits...

Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #17
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope there is one!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #18
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I don't mind sitting through the credits as long as the music is good...

Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

The credits are just too damn long in these films, torture for my limited attention span..

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
the a1ant
Awesome

It would be cool if it said "# of years later" or whatever and xavier is using Cerebro and says "He has a brother...Scott." cut to black.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #21
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post
It would be cool if it said "# of years later" or whatever and xavier is using Cerebro and says "He has a brother...Scott." cut to black.
But that would negate the sequel being a straight follow up to FC unless the writers want to jump ahead and have the sequel take place in the 70's.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
But that would negate the sequel being a straight follow up to FC unless the writers want to jump ahead and have the sequel take place in the 70's.
Yea and I'm sure after seeing the film I'll probably want a direct sequel , But I would love seeing a reference to Scott.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post
That would please the Cyclops lovers, but I'd be pretty underwhelmed and not too excited, especially when looking forward to what eventually happens to him...

Old 05-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #24
gidgetjc
New User - Level 0

At the preview screening for xmen: first class....there wasnt one....and was very disappointing! The whole cinema waited....for nothing.

gidgetjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #25
Eelectro 2
Side-Kick

i still dont kno how to really feel about first class and i havent even seen it yet. im up in the air about so many things. it seems like they are making so many opportunities to link this film to bryan singers 2 x-men films with the relationships and even how mystique transforms but for whatever reason they decided to totally disregard moments from wolverine and x3 it seems...basically with xavier walking in those scenes and being friends with magneto still to recruit jean and scott coming to the mansion after being freed from stryker. so with those ideas it seems like its disregarding anything made after x2...which is such bs to do. either they should have respected canon from the films that have been made already (i can understand emma frost being in first class cuz she wasnt really a memorable character in wolverine anyway). i couldnt forget everything after x2 cuz that movie doesnt tie things up. with pyro joining magneto, his war not happening yet and then with phoenix being hinted at...it just doesnt feel right to ignore anything after that. i would have totally bought this film as a reboot but it seems like the director keeps commenting on things that lead into the first movie...which means its connected....but not...cuz apparently x3 doesnt exist for this film now.
i'll admit, there are things that could have been done better for wolverine (mainly sabretooth cuz it doesnt make sense seeing him like that and then how he is in x1 and not showing xavier) and x3 would have been better than it was if singer stayed with his franchise and didnt abandon it to make the awful superman returns (a film that fails as a sequel thats to a movie thats almost 30 years old) and then doesnt matter cuz it didnt even get a sequel and is now being rebooted. clearly he didnt care enough to finish his x-men films and let somebody else take over and because he didnt like the way it was handled hes going to pretend it didnt happen, even tho his actors finished the franchise he started.

whats even funnier to me is wondering how this movie is going to do and if it does well enough they are already talking about sequels which most likely will start making it harder for continuity to be kept within the franchise. BUT if this one does good enough, apparently an x4 and x5 are already being planned at fox...so will we have 2 different timelines to choose from or will events shown in wolverine and x3 being taken care of in future first class sequels? i kno nobody can answer these questions but it just seems so odd to me cuz i enjoy x3 and wolverine but certain scenes seem like they are going to stick out as sore thumbs now

i want to kno, who thinks, in all reality, that bryan singer would come back and remake x3 i nhis own vision if the actors returned or make up for the events in a sequel? seeing as how ian mackellen is returning to do a younger gandolph the grey in the hobbit films when hes clearly older now makes me wonder if he would be opposed to remaking x3...or are there any storylines that could make up for those scenes? like time traveling mutants?

Eelectro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote