The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??

Sensible but there's no answer. Iron Man was never intended to be in this movie. You could say he had a bad case of indigestion.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
Drizzle
Age of Ultron

Default Re: Wonder why Iron Man did not know of the Threat when Destoryer came to Earth ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Iron Man didn't help because the destroyer stayed on earth for only 15 mins, not enough time for news to travel
Exactly. Even if SHIELD had called on Tony for help (which would have been unlikely, as at that point Fury only wanted to keep him as an advisor), he still would have arrived long after Thor defeated Destroyer.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #28
misjuevos
I am Groot

the one thing you may forget is that its shield. a super high level secret agency. if they decided to put a blackout on the events happening then nothing would get out about it. so obviously stark would never know whats happening. thor takes place in a podunk little town that they could easily keep on lockdown. selvin may have sent an email, but im sure it got intercepted and was destroyed or read at the least. so shield kept the matter very quite.

and yea the destoyer fight did only happen in a very brief amount of time, so tony would never hear about it till after the fact, so in avengers or cap there might be a reference to it. like a news report that happens the day after. it wouldn't make the news that fast especially since shield was there to keep the media out. there will probably be a coverup story for the news. like a military exercise or something that went awry.

also stark was sent to talk to ross so im guessing he was busy with the hulk situation, and was never told about new mexico situation.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I don't think the Destroyer battle in Thor would of gotten on the news as fast as say Hulk vs Abomination. The town in Thor seems to be pretty small, so I doubt reporters could get to the area until after the battle.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well during the movie Shield were re-routing flights over the area, so I doubt any news Helicopters would have gotten in to show it.

Also, if it during the events of IM2, Tony was on lock-down, if it was just after, Iron Man's suit was wrecked at the end of IM2, maybe he hadnt built a new one yet.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #31
moe
Side-Kick

sheesh... these movies are not going to be pitch perfect... the comics dance around so much crap to keep it sane... the movies are going to be off on some things.. you can't help it... most of the other characters would be redundant in a continuity with Thor...

moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #32
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

I was shocked that SHEILD was so... helpless in the situation.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
SuperFerret
Class Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
I was shocked that SHEILD was so... helpless in the situation.
Gigantic steel golem that shoots powerful energy out of its face.

Government agents with black suits and normal guns.

Damn, that ant farm was so helpless when I knocked it over. I wonder why?

SuperFerret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #34
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Gigantic steel golem that shoots powerful energy out of its face.

Government agents with black suits and normal guns.

Damn, that ant farm was so helpless when I knocked it over. I wonder why?
Aren't they supposed to have a battle ship in the sky sorta thing? Advanced technologies?... afterall they do possess the cube. I'm not saying they shoulda beat the thing... but at least have some sort of fighting chance or diversion by the time the thing was about to annihilate the city. Not that I care... I loved the movie and the scene, I was just saying that if people are gonna beg for iron man to help out... shouldn't SHIELD have been more competent? :-P . You make a valid point though

Old 05-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #35
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

I don't think they have a battleship in the sky in the movies yet, and they don't seem to fully understand how to use the cube, hence the final post-credits scene.

I think it's more curious he didn't show during the Hulk fight, but again that one only lasted about 15 minutes as well, and in Iron Man 2 we see that he's at SHIELD during or directly after the first Hulk attack.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #36
SuperFerret
Class Act

He's a busy man.

SuperFerret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
irapogi
Side-Kick

guys, for all we know, the post credits scene in IM2 happened IMMEDIATELY after coulson left. meaning thor could've coincided with the last 1/3rd of Iron man 2.

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #38
Anubis
Sup?

He couldn't have gotten there in time anyway. He's not Superman.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #39
Bubonic
Banned User

What Marvel is doing already is quite ambitious but they have their limitations. When you watch IM2 it feels like Iron Man is the first and only super powered being and he singlehandedly polices the world.
That rubbed me the wrong way because it made the MCU feel limited.

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #40
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic View Post
What Marvel is doing already is quite ambitious but they have their limitations. When you watch IM2 it feels like Iron Man is the first and only super powered being and he singlehandedly polices the world.
That rubbed me the wrong way because it made the MCU feel limited.

Well the message that I got from IM2 was that he was basically someone who helped keep the peace when it came to international/terrorism threats.

Plus, when you think about it, he was basically the only known Avenger to be active at the time.

1. Captain America was still Frozen

2. Thor had not arrived on Earth Yet

3. The Hulk was still on the run and considered a menace

4. War Machine didn't exist yet

5. Black Widow and Hawkeye are SHIELD agents, so you don't see them actively patrolling the streets or something.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #41
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, he's pretty much the only active superhero at that time.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

So much overthinking...

Iron Man wasn't needed for the film. It was Thor's movie. Just as the Hulk films and the Iron Man films were theirs, and no other heroes appeared until after the credits if even that. And getting & paying for RDJr to appear in a couple of scenes would be unnecessary. And if Iron Man and Thor did meet up here, it would totally lessen the impact when they all meet up in Avengers. We'll get to see all the heroes together proper with the Avengers.

/Buzz Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #43
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, it was a silly question with an obvious answer anyway.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #44
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
So much overthinking...

Iron Man wasn't needed for the film. It was Thor's movie. Just as the Hulk films and the Iron Man films were theirs, and no other heroes appeared until after the credits if even that. And getting & paying for RDJr to appear in a couple of scenes would be unnecessary. And if Iron Man and Thor did meet up here, it would totally lessen the impact when they all meet up in Avengers. We'll get to see all the heroes together proper with the Avengers.

/Buzz Kill
Lol. "Why does Odin banish Thor?" "Because that's what it says he does in the script!!" We're just having fun speculating on where Stark would be in the MCU while these other happenings are going down. Sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #45
The Morningstar
Banned User

It seems Thor's arrival on Earth happens around the time Stark is trying to create the new element.

Hulks rampage also seems to happen towards the end of IM2 also.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #46
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

In my head canon, there's a scene where Iron Man touches down in the town half an hour after the final scene in "Thor", looks around, mutters, "Guess this party's over" and flies away again.

@WolfCypher, in Sherlock Holmes fandom this is called "playing the game". The fans pretend that Watson was real and the stories were really written by him and not by Arthur Conan Doyle, and then they try to make sense of the timeline. It's been keeping them busy literally for 130 years.

So, playing the game, I posit that Tony learned of the happenings in "Thor" via his network of satellites and just didn't make it in time to be caught on camera.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #47
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Stupid question.

Are the xmen included in the mcu arc?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #48
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

In the movie...as in the Marvel comics....every superhero in the world does not turn up at every strange event that happens. The Destroyer showed up on Earth for a short time...and then was gone.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #49
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Are the xmen included in the mcu arc?
Nope. The Xmen are currently under contract to FOX studios...and they want to do thier own thing with them.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #50
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Kind of relieved too, Logun would have probably shown up in Cap.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote