I think it looks awesome!

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #27
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Default Re: DareDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Well they've got TWO artists working on the book, i dont see any excuse as to why they shouldnt be able to keep a monthly schedule. Honestly, I'll be satisfied if we can at least get a full 12 issues out of them. But preferably it'd be awesome to get around 24 or so. Alex Maleev is a slow artist and he did like 50 issues with Bendis.
Well, I mean, the excuse could be that they're both slow...like Quietly slow.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #28
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

Daredevil joins the Avengers and Bendis's Daredevil: End of Days is finally coming out.

How many years has it been since End of Days was first announce? Can't wait to finally get my hands on it

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 AM   #29
Drz
Real Hero

Since Bru's DD days atleast.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #30
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I'm pretty sure it was announced my senior year of highschool. and I just graduated college. so that's what? 5 years? I had completely forgotten about it, actually.

But I think Bendis has had his fun with the character. I think they should just scrap it at this point.

Joining the Avengers? meh. Part of me might like it because it's part of the turn into some more light-hearted stories and characterization. But I think I'd prefer Matt sticking to a solo hero.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #31
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Matt's not obsessed with Hell's Kitchen anymore ?

If they can accept Wolverine on two squads of Avengers , they can accept Daredevil on one.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #32
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

So, Bendis is finally doing what he teased about doing in NEW AVENGERS #3 or #4. Way to go for new ideas, guy.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #33
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
So, Bendis is finally doing what he teased about doing in NEW AVENGERS #3 or #4. Way to go for new ideas, guy.
The guy at my LCS said Stan Lee created the Avengers because they couldn't get Daredevil out on time. So its about time he got put on the roster.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #34
kguillou
Side-Kick

You know I'm all for putting Matt on a team but I feel like Bendis might as well make his own "Street team" where DD, ironfist, luke cage, thing, spidey, mockingbird and all them could be on. I mean thats basically what "new avengers" is, a street team.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #35
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge2099 View Post
The guy at my LCS said Stan Lee created the Avengers because they couldn't get Daredevil out on time. So its about time he got put on the roster.
That's apparently true. A lot of people think it was in response to JLA, but the Comic Book Legends column at CBR tackled that, and yeah, that seems to be the main reason the book came to be.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #36
The Batman
The Dark Knight

finally, the devil has been given his due. been waiting to see dd on an avenger's team. To me, DD is marvel's Batman in the sense that he's the top vigilante in the MU. Thats how I see it.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #37
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Oh so he should have ignored Bru's run and just done what he wanted back then?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #38
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: DareDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Oh so he should have ignored Bru's run and just done what he wanted back then?
When has another writer's work ever stopped Bendis from doing what he wanted to do with any character or franchise, really? Not even Morrison or Millar stories/creations are safe, and the latter helped him found Ultimate for heaven's sakes.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #39
venom892
Got Lucky

Eh Daredevil on New Avengers does nothing for me.Then Again I've ignored Bendis for years. I even preferred Brubaker's run in certain aspects.I'm looking forward to Mark Waid's run though.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #40
Energist
Roxy rocks!

Mark Waid and Paolo Rivera's first issue of Daredevil came out today, and it's awesome! Fans of the more classical, swashbuckling take on the character are definitely in for a treat, as Waid ushers back into the Marvel Universe a more carefree version of Matt Murdock, who shows that he's without fear by laughing in the face of danger as opposed to scowling at it.

Some courtroom drama and humorous interactions with Foggy Nelson help to shape an action-laced, adventurous reintroduction to the Daredevil character and mythos, all masterfully depicted through the pencils of Paolo River and Marcos Martin. The best Daredevil issue I've read in a long, long time. Highly recommended to fans old and new alike!

Energist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #41
roach
I am the night

More of this Marvel...Daredevil 1 is what comic books should be like....a writer who comes on and remembers what happened before and builds upon it

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #42
kguillou
Side-Kick

WOW. Now THIS is a comic book people. Daredevil #1 blew me away. A Perfect issue. Beautiful art, great writing, and bang for your buck. Coming from someone who was a huge fan of the dark and grim daredevil stories, this issue was a huge breath of fresh air. As long as waid's writing and Rivera and Martin are drawing i will be there every step of the way.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #43
CrimsonMist
Side-Kick

Agreed. This book was soooo good. Everything: the writing, the art, the colors. It was fun and well-written and all around great. Paolo Rivera's art was like a mix between Kirby, Everett and Wood, and Martin's was similar to Ditko in a way. I can't wait for the next issue. And I'm a little more than curious to see how this version of Daredevil reacts if we get the traditional DD/Punisher team-up.

CrimsonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #44
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Very impressed and not one bit surprised is how I describe DD #1. Waid hits the ground running with the Spot fight and DD stealing a kiss from the bride, this is a light-hearted, fun, superhero romp. Rivera and Martin's take on DD's world is outstanding. Rivera threw in panels where DD's eyes are purposely obscured by something (his billy club, the flower girls arm, ect) and Martin creates and interesting portrayal of all human senses (except sight of course).

A few things that slightly (and I mean veeeeeerrrry slightly) disappointed me:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Matt's 24/7 press tour that he's used to try and get the world to disbelieve he is DD. I think it's a bit weak but Waid seems to just want to sweep the issue under the rug as quickly as possible.....or perhaps not, because he still portrayed people like a judge and street vendor as still not buying it.

Also, the girl from the previews we seen is not Michelle Gonzalez of ASM fame....although she is still mentioned by name and Waid did state an ASM character would be crossing over as a love interest, so we shall see. There's a ton of crossover potential there considering her brother is a disgraced ex-cop/now seemingly Lt in Osborn's Goblin army.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #45
roach
I am the night

I had an opportunity to speak to Waid when he came to my comic shop and he mentioned the Im not DD thing being a running joke of the series

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #46
kguillou
Side-Kick

So does anyone know if Marcos Martin is going to be doing back-up features only in future issues or is he splitting art duties with Rivera? I'm fine with either.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #47
Energist
Roxy rocks!

The next two issues are solicited at $2.99, and only Rivera is credited as an artist. Based on that information, I would assume they'll be going back and forth so as to keep a solid schedule on the title from now on.

Energist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #48
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I think they are going to split the job like Tom Raney and Sean Chen do on Avengers Academy. That seems to be the norm lately.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #49
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Just got a chance to sit down with this today and it was a thing of beauty. I stopped reading DD after the end of the Brubaker run and kind of checked in here and there but they totally lost me once they had him be the leader of the Hand. So, this was definitely a breath of fresh air the book needed. An amazing writer in Mark Waid teamed with two of the hottest and most beautiful artists in comics, Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin. That is just a license to print amazing comics. A great reintroduction to Daredevil and Waid took a lot of the darkness out of the character and looks like he's going to be giving us a very fun ride. I really hope this team sticks around on this book for a while.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
SpideyInATree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #50
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

DD #2 preview from CBR

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9474

Heh, Matt broke off one of Steve's ear wings