The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #476
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Do you have some sources on this? I would be really interested in reading those....
On what specifically? I mean, Russia and China have a number of longstanding energy, trade, and strategic treaties / agreements.

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/03/29/be..._explainer.php

Sort of a quick overview. Just google, Sino-Russian relations. And BRIC is also worth looking up.

And for ETM, since he's an RT fan,

http://rt.com/news/putin-china-military-ties-139/

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #477
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Didn't some wikileaks diplomatic cables point to the exact opposite conclusion? That China was so sick of the North Korean albatross that it was willing to work with the US on a good post North Korean plan. I think the idea that China will preserve North Korea at all costs is outdated and no longer accurate.
I'm not aware of that. Could be true. So damn many Wikileaks... I know China is tired of North Korea's tantrums. And they would obviously prefer a conventional puppet state.

But China's options with North Korea are limited. Provided the North Koreans don't go starting a Second Korean War, it seems that China stands by them (don't really have a choice anyhow).

Things have changed radically in the last few years, with Kim il-Jong's death, and the nuclear proliferation, my information may be out of date. But they have to know that North Korea won't go gently into that good night.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #478
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

I'm not sure that they wouldn't do most anything to keep from a 2nd Korean War....the refugees that would flow into their country from North Korea would be overwhelming. They have a pretty good carrying capacity, but not for refugees coming in...

Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #479
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
On what specifically? I mean, Russia and China have a number of longstanding energy, trade, and strategic treaties / agreements.

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/03/29/be..._explainer.php

Sort of a quick overview. Just google, Sino-Russian relations. And BRIC is also worth looking up.

And for ETM, since he's an RT fan,

http://rt.com/news/putin-china-military-ties-139/

-_- so does Putin...what does he think of Americans that watch or like RT America/RT? -_- you taking me for a fool, Mr. Putin?

Well, still better than CNN and MSNBC. Hell, I only like Red Eye on Fox News and the little I've seen of Stossel on FBN is okay.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #480
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I see China hitting Taiwan first before anyone else.....I would also see China putting a strong hold on Hong Kong which we have not seen yet.....then I see them moving from there to Taiwan, and down the Malay Peninsula to Malaysia and Singapore....and I see it more in an economic take over rather than a military one....hell they are buying up property here in the US like crazy....New York is being bought daily by Chinese real estate tycoons...
I think China will play it smart, and wage economic war, rather than literal war, until they have a military on par with America's. But come 2030, when their economy and military will surpass... everyone's, they're going to start being a lot more aggressive.

Japan and China are mortal enemies. Well, really more China... since Japan gave up its dreams of conquering China.

You know relations are bad when the Chinese government can't stop violent anti-Japanese riots they themselves incited.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #481
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think China will play it smart, and wage economic war, rather than literal war, until they have a military on par with America's. But come 2030, when their economy and military will surpass... everyone's, they're going to start being a lot more aggressive.

Japan and China are mortal enemies. Well, really more China... since Japan gave up its dreams of conquering China.

You know relations are bad when the Chinese government can't stop violent anti-Japanese riots they themselves incited.
Its gonna be a lot longer than 17 years before they surpass our military. Their spending right now is only 143 billion compared to our 700 billion, and I see no reason for them to increase their spending to the ridiculous amount of our own, and I don't see America cutting its defense budget in half any time soon. Yeah, we can't match them in foot soldiers, but with constant increases in technology in 20 years wars most likely won't be soley decided by human numbers.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #482
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

America's military spending is unsustainable. China's will only grow. And at an accelerated rate (how accelerated depends on a number of variables).

Fortunately there's still Japan. Though an arms build up between China and Japan would get ugly.

But we might end up with mecha, which would be awesome.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #483
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
America's military spending is unsustainable. China's will only grow. And at an accelerated rate (how accelerated depends on a number of variables).

Fortunately there's still Japan. Though an arms build up between China and Japan would get ugly.

But we might end up with mecha, which would be awesome.
I could see china maybe matching us in military spending in 20 years, but not passing us. Its a long shot that they would even match us. Maybe we will cut a quarter out of our spending in 20 years but no way we will cut it in half, and China isn't going to triple their spending anytime soon. They don't need to. They have nukes, and they have more foot soldiers than US citizens. They also don't act as the world police and really don't seem to care to do so. They don't need an on the books outrageous expendature like ours. We have no interest in going to war with them, and the geopolitics and trades make it suicidal to upset the status quo. There simply is no reason for china to spend the amount we spend on defense.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #484
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

China and Russia would be challenge if they went up against America only but the rest of the entire global community would be obligated to assist the US.

and honestly China has too much invested in the current world economy to start WW3 to protect a starving and insane North Korean dystopia.

China is a capitalist haven and one the biggest global economic players. They're only a communist rogue country on the surface. They won't kill their golden goose by trying to officially take over the world. They already rule much of it unofficially.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #485
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
China and Russia would be challenge if they went up against America only but the rest of the entire global community would be obligated to assist the US.

and honestly China has too much invested in the current world economy to start WW3 to protect a starving and insane North Korean dystopia.

China is a capitalist haven and one the biggest global economic players. They're only a communist rogue country on the surface. They won't kill their golden goose by trying to officially take over the world. They already rule much of it unofficially.
Bingo. China has nothing to gain by acting militarily against anyone. I doubt China will ever start a war, only getting into one after being attacked in some way or allying themselves with others fighting a major regional conflict.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #486
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Didn't some wikileaks diplomatic cables point to the exact opposite conclusion? That China was so sick of the North Korean albatross that it was willing to work with the US on a good post North Korean plan. I think the idea that China will preserve North Korea at all costs is outdated and no longer accurate.

There have been rumblings that China is at least willing to accept a Seoul governed united Korea, there would no doubt have to be some compromises put in place however. There's no doubt they want a buffer between them and Sth Korea, but the regime continues to spit in Beijing's face which is causing them issues they frankly don't want. It wouldn't surprise me in the not too distant future though if they finally come around to the table and back a unified Seoul governed Korea.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #487
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Seems to me that it would be much better for China to just install a puppet in North Korea. Only problem is the Kim dynasty, and their zany antics.

Problem is North Korea may be too far gone for any of this.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #488
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
There have been rumblings that China is at least willing to accept a Seoul governed united Korea, there would no doubt have to be some compromises put in place however. There's no doubt they want a buffer between them and Sth Korea, but the regime continues to spit in Beijing's face which is causing them issues they frankly don't want. It wouldn't surprise me in the not too distant future though if they finally come around to the table and back a unified Seoul governed Korea.
I agree. China is patient...but it won't stay patient forever. NK is really getting on their last nerve...it seems it may come to the point where NK is more trouble than they are worth.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #489
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I agree. China is patient...but it won't stay patient forever. NK is really getting on their last nerve...it seems it may come to the point where NK is more trouble than they are worth.
I think China knows exactly what NK is capable of and they are simply sitting back and letting the world keep an eye on NK, while they buy out the world....

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #490
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

US deploys missile defence system to counter 'real danger' from North Korea

Quote:
(Reuters) - The United States said on Wednesday it will soon send a missile defense system to Guam to defend it from North Korea, as the U.S. military adjusts to what Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel described as a "real and clear danger" from Pyongyang.

North Korea has threatened a nuclear strike on the United States and missile attacks on its Pacific bases, including in Guam, a U.S. territory in the Pacific, since new U.N. sanctions were imposed over the country's third nuclear weapons test in February.

One of the most isolated and unpredictable states in the world, North Korea also said on Tuesday it would revive a mothballed nuclear reactor able to produce bomb-grade plutonium.

"Some of the actions they've taken over the last few weeks, present a real and clear danger," Hagel told an audience at the National Defense University in Washington...

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #491
Donut
Side-Kick

The U.S. should just stop listening to North Korea. Maybe if no one responds. North Korea will stop the trolling

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #492
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

N Korea Approves Of 'Merciless' Nuclear Strike on US

Quote:
North Korea's army says it has approval to attack the US as America moves a missile defence system to Guam.
Quote:
The North Korean army says it has "ratified" a merciless attack against the United States, potentially involving a "cutting-edge" nuclear strike. "The moment of explosion is approaching fast," the North Korean military said, warning that war could break out "today or tomorrow".

Pyongyang's latest pronouncement came as Washington scrambled to reinforce its Pacific missile defences, preparing to send ground-based interceptors to Guam and dispatching two Aegis class destroyers to the region.

A spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army said in a statement on state news agency KCNA: "The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified. "The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation. "In view of this situation, the KPA General Staff in charge of all operations will take powerful practical military counteractions in succession."

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #493
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Well that doesn't sound promising...for NKorea. Really what do they hope to gain? You'd think we kicked their grandma.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #494
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Chinese Tanks,Troops being built-up near NK border:

http://freebeacon.com/risky-business/

Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #495
Nathan

Maybe they finally realized they will never become the rulers of the world and now they just want to go out with a bang.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #496
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

China and Russia need to ***** slap North Korea, or dare I say....I agree with TPTB in Washington (GOP and Democrats) and WE need to ***** slap the **** outta silly arse NK.

I'm serious...I'm tired of those threats...**** em. I don't like war, I hate it, but every day it seems more and more likely they ain't being cute.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #497
Marvolo
Side-Kick

The military has the deployed units in europe on 24 hours operations and no alcohol. ****s getting real people

Last edited by Marvolo; 04-03-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #498
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

the big question is - what will Russia and China do?

Russia is the wild card. I wouldn't think they'd want to have an actual live,hot war against the US to defend NK, but I know Putin wishes for the days of the Cold War and the Soviet Union to return,so you never know.

China,I thought finally woke up and realized that NK was crazy,yet they mass troops near the border as possibly a sign of support to show they'll honor their agreement to defend NK,even if the crazies drop a nuke on someone. so now who knows what their plans are

Old 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #499
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

I mean,NK has now,essentially,declared war on the US,and openly said they plan to nuke the US,SK,and possibly Japan. and definitely plan to attempt to destroy Japan and Guam. at what point does China and Russia say "enough" to NK?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #500
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

North Korea locks South Korea workers out of a jointly-run factory complex in Kaesong:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/03/world/...ons/index.html

they've done this before,but this is,to say the least,a particularly bad time.