The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #501
Frodo
Side-Kick

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

A pretty shaky time. NK has made threats in the past , but I don't think US Policy makers should rest on the assumption that Kim the son, is a "rational" actor like his father and grandfather. The talking point seems to be , " Oh , they're not serious," and "They won't do XYZ, because its not in their interest".

I hope they're right , but then again , we've had quite a few national security crises and failures based on assumptions that "this country/group wouldn't do XYZ".

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #502
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The military has the deployed units in europe on 24 hours operations and no alcohol. ****s getting real people

Link????

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #503
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

I blame Dennis Rodman.

Everything was cool until he went to NK.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #504
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Link????
I have a buddy stationed in europe. I'm sure if someone has someone over there they can verify. I have no reason to doubt this person in this matter but I understand if your skeptical.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 04-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #505
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
I have a buddy stationed in europe. I'm sure if someone has someone over there they can verify. I have no reason to doubt this person in this matter but I understand if your skeptical.

You think the **** is gonna get real? It is looking like something is gonna drop this month.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #506
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
You think the **** is gonna get real? It is looking like something is gonna drop this month.
Yeah it definitely looks like war is coming but if we are lucky at worst this will be another cold war just without the spies.

H.E.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #507
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Yeah it definitely looks like war is coming but if we are lucky at worst this will be another cold war just without the spies.

What does this mean towards our national debt? NK doesn't seem to have the weapons to make war last...but they have China and Russia.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #508
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
What does this mean towards our national debt? NK doesn't seem to have the weapons to make war last...but they have China and Russia.
Economics aren't my strong suit. I'm not sure if china would use our debt as leverage or that it would accomplish anything for them. You know what they say when you push someone into a corner. If NKorea nuked us and China came against us we would have to go down fighting holding nothing back and as everyone knows that would spell the end of the civilized world in a nuclear winter. Its not in anyone's best interest to force our hand. Not to mention the US is the number one exporter of various essential materials that every civilized country uses.

H.E.

Last edited by Marvolo; 04-03-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #509
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Economics aren't my strong suit. I'm not sure if china would use our debt as leverage or that it would accomplish anything for them. You know what they say when you push someone into a corner. If NKorea nuked us and China came against us we would have to go down fighting holding nothing back and as everyone knows that would spell the end of the civilized world in a nuclear winter. Its not in anyone's best interest to force our hand. Not to mention the US is the number one exporter of various essential materials that every civilized country uses.
China needs us as much as we need them.....they are an economy based on Secondary Economic Activities.....and we are their main buyer. If we can't buy, they are screwed...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #510
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
China needs us as much as we need them.....they are an economy based on Secondary Economic Activities.....and we are their main buyer. If we can't buy, they are screwed...
That's what I figured. And the US could blackmail most of the world for a while. Geopolitically and economically we are still too important to annihilate at the moment. A crazy country like NKorea wont be seeing it that way tho.

Its In everyone's best interest to line up and beat NKorea's ass until they learn some sense.

H.E.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #511
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well with our dollar, and our debt, there's a thing Gary Johnson and I like to call a ''monetary collapse''.

North Korea is pissing me off so much even I am thinking 'Thank God we have DRONES...just drone them...I don't care bro.'

Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #512
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Is it possible that China is gathering their military close to NK simply to secure their border.

I honestly can't believe they would go to war against the rest of the world and sacrifice their huge economy just to protect a mad dog like NK.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #513
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

lot's of speculation seems to center on the Fat Boy doing something on or around April 15th, which would be the 101st birthday of Kim Il Sung.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #514
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Is it possible that China is gathering their military close to NK simply to secure their border.

I honestly can't believe they would go to war against the rest of the world and sacrifice their huge economy just to protect a mad dog like NK.
There is no logical reason to side with NKorea unless we aren't seeing all the cards and something is going on that we can't see. I still have an uneasy feeling this is all a distraction. To me its the only thing that does make sense. But with China being dependent on us the only one who could be pulling the strings would be Russia. That would be one hell of a power play tho.

H.E.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #515
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post

that could certainly be true, mostly to curb the tide of refugees that would be streaming into China. but,it also gives the ominous impression that China believes something WILL go down.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #516
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
lot's of speculation seems to center on the Fat Boy doing something on or around April 15th, which would be the 101st birthday of Kim Il Sung.

The man likes drama or something then....what is this, a tv or movie?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #517
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

They could be preparing for an intervention. If North Korea does go and attack South Korea, China could just take North Korea.

They'd be seen as the responsible neighbor, and basically take the Northern Korean Peninsula, without it seeming like an aggressive annexation. Install some puppet, and they'd have a nice satellite state.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #518
NY1981
Side-Kick

My thoughts on NK

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by NY1981; 04-03-2013 at 09:48 PM.
NY1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #519
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY1981 View Post
My thoughts on NK

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Fixed it bro.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #520
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
Errr.... they're already in a cold war. Have been for 60 years.

You guys know I'm one of the most skeptical here about conflict about NK, but even I'm getting slightly worried. Fly back to Seoul on April 25th to start my new job teaching English to Samsung employees. Would normally be looking forward to seeing my girlfriend and friends there, but now my mom is badgering me to give up a good job because she's got a case of the worrywarts. Thanks, KJU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
H.E

Hail Hypedra!!!
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #521
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Threats are nothing new, but Kim jong-il would tone it down after a while. I'm not seeing any restraint here. I'm not saying we're going to have a war, but... heightened alert might not be a bad idea.

It only takes one local commander pulling a trigger to start a chain reaction.

Let's not forget that World War III was averted by one guy no one heard of. Probably more than once.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #522
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Pretty level-headed analysis from CNN (I know, not words that normally go together in a sentence) about what would happen in the event things escalated to a military confrontation.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t1#...ider-marks.cnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
H.E

Hail Hypedra!!!
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #523
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Wow that... was actually level-headed.

There has been talk that Kim jong-un (and his uncle) are losing control. That's one theory on why there doesn't seem to be any restraint in the rhetoric.

If North Korea fires into Seoul though, it could quickly escalate.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #524
echostation
Banned User

Can't they send Wolverine there? Isn't he just pissing and pottering about in Japan? Seriously why is that guy making films and stupid crap, just go to N Korea and go us all a favor, right guys?

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #525
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is no logical reason to side with NKorea unless we aren't seeing all the cards and something is going on that we can't see. I still have an uneasy feeling this is all a distraction. To me its the only thing that does make sense. But with China being dependent on us the only one who could be pulling the strings would be Russia. That would be one hell of a power play tho.

Same here. I am very untrusting of governments and media, and this is just screaming as a diversion for something else.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote