The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #76
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

I don't think North Korea is an immediate threat (if you live in America).

But it's pretty stupid to ignore someone who is testing better and better missiles, atomic weapons, and teaching children from kindergarten that Americans are demons who must be destroyed (going on several generations now).

Sooner or later, down the line... that is going to become an issue.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #77
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

The Russians and Chinese aren't going to back North Korea if they bomb us. It would be another World War at a time when the superpowers aren't really spoiling for one. We also have enough anti-nuke options to snuff out a larger attack than they could even mount. That leaves the DPRK all alone with a United States way angrier than even 9/11 left it.

So no, it's just posturing. This is how they remind the rest of us they still exist.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #78
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2532910.html

Quote:
In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defense Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.
Oh North Korea, you are so funny thinking you can play with the big boys...you so funny.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #79
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

Oh North Korea, you are so funny thinking you can play with the big boys...you so funny.
I wouldn't be surprised if they believe they would win a confrontation too. Remember...from birth these guys are taught they are the superior human race and by attacking the US they are doing gods will. As well as the "son of gods" will. With that kind of multi-generational brainwashing anything is possible. We can't judge their choices based on our understanding of things. NK is a whole 'nother breed of crazy.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #80
K'Prime
Beast mode

Quote:

would be the shortest confrontation ever.

K'Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #81
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Let's put it another way...imagine the Talliban...only way more crazy and devoted and close to 30 million more people and access to long range nuclear weapons.

That's North Korea.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #82
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

They just pissed that they found out that they are portrayed as bad guys in another Hollywood movie. First it was becoming the bad guys via post production changes in Red Dawn remake, now they mad they get OWNED by Gerard Butler in Olympus Has Fallen. Which is one of two 'Die Hard in the White House' movies coming out this year!

Die Hard 5, and two Die Hard in a White House movies? guess I get my X-mas presents early.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #83
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
They just pissed that they found out that they are portrayed as bad guys in another Hollywood movie. First it was becoming the bad guys via post production changes in Red Dawn remake, now they mad they get OWNED by Gerard Butler in Olympus Has Fallen. Which is one of two 'Die Hard in the White House' movies coming out this year!

Die Hard 5, and two Die Hard in a White House movies? guess I get my X-mas presents early.

KIM JONG UN: Wait, we get our asses handed to us by WHO?

SPY: Gerard Butler, master.

KIM JONG UN: The guy from PS, I Love You?

SPY: Yes, master.

KIM JONG UN: And that other dumb chickflick where he arrests Rachel from Friends?

SPY: Yes, master.

KIM JONG UN: And wasn't he the naked gay guy in 300?

SPY: Yes, master. And he was also the lead role in Phantom Of The Opera.

KIM JONG UN: But he can't even sing! Who's the genius who made that casting decision?

SPY: The same director of the Batman movies, master.

KIM JONG UN: Chris Nolan? Cool! Love that guy.

SPY: No, master. The ... other ... Batman movies.

KIM JONG UN: Get me my rocket launcher.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.

Last edited by Pink Ranger; 01-24-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #84
Figs
Banned User

Nothing really new.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...Korea.Nuclear/

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's top governing body warned Thursday that the regime will conduct its third nuclear test in defiance of U.N. punishment, and made clear that its long-range rockets are designed to carry not only satellites but also warheads aimed at striking the United States.

The National Defense Commission, headed by the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un, denounced Tuesday's U.N. Security Council resolution condemning North Korea's long-range rocket launch in December as a banned missile activity and expanding sanctions against the regime. The commission reaffirmed in its declaration that the launch was a peaceful bid to send a satellite into space, but also clearly indicated the country's rocket launches have a military purpose: to strike and attack the United States.

While experts say North Korea doesn't have the capability to hit the U.S. with its missiles, recent tests and rhetoric indicate the country is feverishly working toward that goal.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #85
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Let's put it another way...imagine the Talliban...only way more crazy and devoted and close to 30 million more people and access to long range nuclear weapons.

That's North Korea.
Let's put it another way......imagine the geek inside a mountain.....only he has his finger on the button that can send 100 times the nukes to them than they already posses.

That WAS North Korea.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #86
Destructus86
Side-Kick

We need to take the situation deadly serious.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #87
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

They come out with a statement like this every year.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #88
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Let's put it another way......imagine the geek inside a mountain.....only he has his finger on the button that can send 100 times the nukes to them than they already posses.

That WAS North Korea.
That's great for Americans. But cold comfort for South Korean and the Japanese.

Plus the North Koreans would nuke American forces in Asia.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #89
Fading
>:(

Quote:

I dunno. Part of me doesn't want to dismiss any threat from another country. The other part however finds it very difficult to take anything seriously from leadership who find a cave with, "Unicorn lair" written on a board above it, and then officially announces to it's people that they found an authentic unicorn lair. Or says their leader was setting world race car records at age 5. I don't say that in a rude, dismissive way, but it makes you think anything they say is bluster to get attention.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

My only concern at the moment is what they are selling to Iran, and a concern for Japan and South Korea simply because of their location, and NK's tests have fallen short, but falling short could mean landing in those countries. Other than that....they are all talk...

Now, if we wake up tomorrow and wonder what happened to California??????? Then I was very wrong..... : (

Old 01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #91
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
My only concern at the moment is what they are selling to Iran, and a concern for Japan and South Korea simply because of their location, and NK's tests have fallen short, but falling short could mean landing in those countries. Other than that....they are all talk...

Now, if we wake up tomorrow and wonder what happened to California??????? Then I was very wrong..... : (
Hey, it could happen. Our missile defense systems are somewhat of a joke.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #92
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

USGS suspects North Korea detonated an underground nuclear explosion.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Last edited by Hobgoblin; 02-12-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #93
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
USGS suspects North Korea detonated an underground nuclear explosion.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
One kiloton? Lol how quaint. Our defense shield would shoot that down no problem. Thing would probably crash in the Pacific before it hit us. Im not worried about airborne weapons like missles. If I lived in California I would be worried about what is coming into the docks. 40% of imports come through there. Perfect place to sneak through a nuke or dirty bomb.

I know we are shifting our troops to the pacific already and there is talk of it among the enlisted so we are definitely gearing up for some stuff to go down. I would just like to know where NKorea is getting these giant balls from? They have to know they dont stand a chance so China or someone else has to be giving them encouragement.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-11-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #94
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
One kiloton? Lol how quaint. Our defense shield would shoot that down no problem. Thing would probably crash in the Pacific before it hit us. Im not worried about airborne weapons like missles. If I lived in California I would be worried about what is coming into the docks. 40% of imports come through there. Perfect place to sneak through a nuke or dirty bomb.

I know we are shifting our troops to the pacific already and there is talk of it among the enlisted so we are definitely gearing up for some stuff to go down. I would just like to know where NKorea is getting these giant balls from? They have to know they dont stand a chance so China or someone else has to be giving them encouragement.
I doubt China is giving N. Korea much encouragement. They are almost as sick of them as we are. I think the new kid, Kim Jung Un, is trying to prove that he is the new top dog and tougher than the old man.

Just a guess.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #95
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

North Korea is totally messing with China's zen.

A smooth takeover of East Asia ain't gonna happen if North Korea keeps agitating Japan. The Japanese are going to rearm and build a missile shield.

Just watch if North Korea escalates this further, China will give them a **** slap. Probably economically.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #96
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
North Korea is totally messing with China's zen.

A smooth takeover of East Asia ain't gonna happen if North Korea keeps agitating Japan. The Japanese are going to rearm and build a missile shield.

Just watch if North Korea escalates this further, China will give them a **** slap. Probably economically.
I'm not sure how much more North Korea's economy can be hurt since it's pretty much in the toilet. The only thing keeping them afloat is China but I guess if they pulled all support, NK would possibly straighten up and stop their sabre rattling against Japan and SK.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #97
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

If China pulls economic support, Kim's regime would collapse. Granted, his people are starving, but he keeps his soldiers fed. A good chunk of that food comes from China. Not to mention essential resources like coal and oil.

The country nearly collapsed when the USSR stopped giving them aid. And that was back when they were in better shape.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #98
Fading
>:(

I always wondered if the Jong's believed their own hype. Given that they, or atleast the top ppl in NK's gov, make up these rumors. I just wonder if growing up with an entire country brainwashed into worshipping you, and thinking you've done all of these crazy things has had a psychological effect on Un where he believes it too. Maybe he does think he's invincible. It's just odd to think he's taught while growing up that he's done all of these amazing things he knows he didn't do. Then again if you repeat a lie enough to yourself you can begin to believe it.

I do have a question though, what does China gain from being NK's ally? Do they use them indirectly as a rabid attack dog? Reaping personal growth from NK causing instability in other asian territories? Is it because of Japan, and China's hostilities, where China hopes NK will nuke Japan one day without China having to dirty it's hands? I just ask because NK seems like such an unpredictable, unstable, non-economic power house for China to risk constantly being put in akward situations over. I mean, while I feel awful for them over this, there's talk of multiple cannibalism amongst starving NK's right now.

Last edited by Fading; 02-12-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #99
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I always wondered if the Jong's believed their own hype. Given that they, or atleast the top ppl in NK's gov, make up these rumors. I just wonder if growing up with an entire country brainwashed into worshipping you, and thinking you've done all of these crazy things has had a psychological effect on Un where he believes it too. Maybe he does think he's invincible. It's just odd to think he's taught while growing up that he's done all of these amazing things he knows he didn't do. Then again if you repeat a lie enough to yourself you can begin to believe it.

I do have a question though, what does China gain from being NK's ally? Do they use them indirectly as a rabid attack dog? Reaping personal growth from NK causing instability in other asian territories? Is it because of Japan, and China's hostilities, where China hopes NK will nuke Japan one day without China having to dirty it's hands? I just ask because NK seems like such an unpredictable, unstable, non-economic power house for China to risk constantly being put in akward situations over. I mean, while I feel awful for them over this, there's talk of multiple cannibalism amongst starving NK's right now.
He was brainwashed from birth to believe the lies.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #100
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post

They believe the lobster they have as afternoon snacks and the Mercedes they get driven around in, while the rest of the country lives in squalor.

They sure as sht believe the hell out of that. Kinda' makes everything else fall neatly into place.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote