Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #51
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Default Re: Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Erik has never hated Charles, and I think on some level has always considered him his friend, but it is absolutely not beyond Erik to eliminate someone because they get in your way like Charles does. He's all about the ends justifying the means. To him, he's the one saving mutantkind, and Charles and his misguided idealist X-Men are getting in the way. He'd rather not kill Charles, but clearly he will if he deems it worth the sacrifice.
Well said.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #52
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

Agreed, I think Erik would only set out to kill Charles if it became a necessity.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #53
Electrix
Side-Kick

My only concern regarding the box office is that it's eventual gross will look small compared to other movies this summer as they are all in 3D.

Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America may appear to be a lot more successful when you look at the numbers, but attendance-wise Thor may only be as popular as Fantastic Four.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #54
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Erik's feelings for Charles were summed up in their first scene in the first movie.

"I will bring you hope old friend and I ask for only one thing in return. Don't get in my way"

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #55
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Here's what one website is predicting:

http://www.boxoffice.com/featured_st...en-first-class

They're predicting $70Mil for the first weekend and $155Mil Domestic.

It just p*sses me off that Fast Five made that much money ($93Mil) compared to Thor and what looks like X-men too.
I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm thinking an OW in the 50s followed by good legs and DVD sales. I hope critics and the public like the movie enough to convince Fox to keep going with this series, even if its BO take isn't stellar.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #56
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Erik has never hated Charles, and I think on some level has always considered him his friend, but it is absolutely not beyond Erik to eliminate someone because they get in your way like Charles does.
Well, this is the main reason I really dislike Magneto. I mean, as a character he's fantastic, but if he were a real person I would think of him as despicable. If he once considered Charles his friend, he would try his best not to cause him any harm. Friends are friends, man...sometimes they're more important than family. And certainly more important than "ideals".

A lot of people went mad when Magneto abandoned a "cured" Mystique in X3, saying it was an action against his character. Well, he abandoned Charles to die because of his "ideals" and he abandoned Raven because she was no longer a mutant, therefore she turned into the enemy. I think it suited his character just fine.

Quote:
He'd rather not kill Charles, but clearly he will if he deems it worth the sacrifice.
Magneto isn't exactly noble - he is willing to sacrifice the others but never himself. Unlike Charles.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #57
jacobed
Banned User

I've been watching tv all day today and I have seen 6 First Class commercials, all on different channels. They have definitely been ramping up the advertising for this movie over the past few weeks.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #58
zeptron
Side-Kick

I read somewhere that the running time is 140 minutes. If this is true then it does give me hope for this. The main issue with the two previous movies is that they were both under two hours, crammed in a lot of characters and just seemed rushed.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #59
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
The last two movies still made a lot of money, which is what the predictions are predominantly based on...

If positive buzz and word of mouth spread well, we can ignore those perceptions from the last two movies entirely. It's too early to say exactly how much of an influence it will make on this movie until the early screenings begin.
Not really. Wolverine only made like 175 domestic with a budget of over 150. X3 made 230 because it was a hugely anticipated sequel to X2. It would have made a lot more if it had better legs.

As someone said, the X-Men aren't a huge box office draw like other super heroes but X3 had the potential to reach 300 had it been a great movie. It's going to take a couple more good movies to get this franchise back on the track to that point. However, bad past movies hurt future movies no matter what. This won't make as much as it could have no matter how good it is. Some people have already decided they won't see this in theaters. This movie will be extremely lucky to break 200 domestic. I wish it all the success in the world as I am truly hyped for this movie and I want this cast and crew to do another but the smell of the last two still linger in the air.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #60
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Well, this is the main reason I really dislike Magneto. I mean, as a character he's fantastic, but if he were a real person I would think of him as despicable. If he once considered Charles his friend, he would try his best not to cause him any harm. Friends are friends, man...sometimes they're more important than family. And certainly more important than "ideals".

A lot of people went mad when Magneto abandoned a "cured" Mystique in X3, saying it was an action against his character. Well, he abandoned Charles to die because of his "ideals" and he abandoned Raven because she was no longer a mutant, therefore she turned into the enemy. I think it suited his character just fine.

Magneto isn't exactly noble - he is willing to sacrifice the others but never himself. Unlike Charles.
Exactly, Erik may have noble intentions but that dosent make him a good person, Wolverine even calls him out on his ******** in the first movie.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 AM   #61
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
I read somewhere that the running time is 140 minutes. If this is true then it does give me hope for this. The main issue with the two previous movies is that they were both under two hours, crammed in a lot of characters and just seemed rushed.
The issues with the previous two films go far beyond the short runtime. It starts at the script level.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #62
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

That's for sure.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #63
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Your talking about X3 and Origins correct ?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #64
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I do believe. I know the first X-Men film was also under two hours.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #65
Mako
Galactic Crusier

And X2 was something like 2:15 I believe.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 AM   #66
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

I think it was X3 that was that had the real problem with cramming characters in and yet never developing them, only focusing on the several main characters and their relationships. X2, in my opinion, was really quite good.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #67
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Yap, and there were too much unnecessary deaths...(unnecessary character to begin with) although i liked X3 as enterteinment level.. It was the most comical X-men movie. Great action, the best X-men movie action ( think the scene with phoenix and Xavier at her house was well done) and music. The first X-men lacks action scenes and dont have an epic feel ( and a horrivel Storm)

In this movie has to die someone and i think its Riptide, Angel, Darwin and perhaps Shaw.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #68
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
So... Blue is an STD?
You haven't lived until you caught blue. My buddy had the worst case of blue ever, caught it in Mexico. Even had a little blue on his mouth, but took some antibiotics and cleared right up.

Thought I had blue once myself, turned out to be ginger-vitis. D*mn gingers lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Yap, and there were too much unnecessary deaths...(unnecessary character to begin with) although i liked X3 as enterteinment level.. It was the most comical X-men movie. Great action, the best X-men movie action ( think the scene with phoenix and Xavier at her house was well done) and music. The first X-men lacks action scenes and dont have an epic feel ( and a horrivel Storm)

In this movie has to die someone and i think its Riptide, Angel, Darwin and perhaps Shaw.
It's funny how I always hear people complaining about X3. Yeah it wasn't all that great or really even that good compared to other super films, but it was by far the most entertaining as a whole out of the 3, plus XMOW. By entertainment value I mean actually stomaching a film to watch over and over just for laughs, action, and pace with story telling being a variable. If I had to rate based off of entertainment value I would say:
  1. X3
  2. XMOW
  3. X2
  4. X1
Now if I had to rate based on the film actually being quality and good, then:
  1. X2
  2. X3
  3. X1 Close second. The film was just too slow and boring, but the story, plot and characters were good.
  4. XMOW Sorry I don't think I can ever get over the magic bullets, sabertooth not handling the adamantium, and fox and emma (or a girl like emma) being sisters. I won't even get started on Gambit.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #69
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

With the longer running time I think Vaughn will do a better job developing characters and giving them each a role and a moment to shine in the overall movie storyline. No more pointless cameos with characters that serve no purpose to the plot/story of the movie.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #70
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

My biggest concern about this movie at this point is the ropey looking CG.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #71
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
With the longer running time I think Vaughn will do a better job developing characters and giving them each a role and a moment to shine in the overall movie storyline. No more pointless cameos with characters that serve no purpose to the plot/story of the movie.

You don't like character cameos? I love the cameos, but I hate it when my major characters are over-shuned and not given the due respect.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #72
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I really liked X-Men, then I loved x2 just sooo much...
and then was so horribly disappointed in both x3 and Wolverine

X3 had nice special effects, but i dont think the action was that great, because so much of it seemed just silly. (Magneto ripping up the whole GGB to transport like 30 mutants to an island, then he just flings cars while pyro sets them on fire...seriously?) If you can't understand or connect to the action, it doesn't matter if it looks cooler to me. X2's action felt more story-driven, as opposed to technology-driven. Although, the one thing that did piss me off in x2 was when they stormed Weapon X, and singer chose to show Mystique looking at a computer instead of Magneto, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler kickin ass...c'mon, how do ya pass that up??

I really wish i could get excited for this movie.
But nothing I've seen has made me want to go see this.
That bad taste is too strong.
unfortunately gunna have to wait for it on netflix

Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #73
lastairbender
Side-Kick

I agree with you Midnight, its really what i think...though i think Gambit was very good, with lot of charisma (pity i wont see more of them)

Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #74
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well, i dont know about you guys, but i'm getting obscessed with the movie.. everyday(and several times during the day) i came here, or official site or i'm looking other sites for something new looll
Im anxious for the first review also
Its normal right?

Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #75
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

If First Class is a success & turns into a prequel trilogy we'll see the major players come out in a big budget present day X-Men. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Closed Thread