The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #26
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Dean is...



APPROVED!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #27
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Cool. I think I might just start them from scratch with season 1 of the show. Just adapt it to fit into the story.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #28
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Cool. I think I might just start them from scratch with season 1 of the show. Just adapt it to fit into the story.
Sounds good. Especially since the world is about to experience such an upturn of supernatural happenings. It'll really give them a great jumping off point. I can't wait to see what you do with them here.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #29
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I'm hoping I get some people to watch the show that haven't yet. I'll be adapting the same 5 season plan.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #30
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I'm hoping I get some people to watch the show that haven't yet. I'll be adapting the same 5 season plan.
That's one of the shows I need to watch now that I've got time. I think I'm gonna watch that and Castle this summer.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #31
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,511
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Castle is very good. Nathan Fillion knows how to make another procedural crime drama stand out from the zillion others.

In other news, I'm still thinking about characters to apply for.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #32
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Castle is very good. Nathan Fillion knows how to make another procedural crime drama stand out from the zillion others.

In other news, I'm still thinking about characters to apply for.
Yea, Fillion is basically the only reason I want to see it.

And I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Yeah, Castle is definitely worth a look.

Oh, and there's this....


One Universe: Independents Edition RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name:
Byrd Man

Character you'd like to portray:
Sherlock Holmes.

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest:
No powers, but Holmes is a brilliant detective and is proficient in hand to hand combat, as well as a fair shot with a gun, and is a master of disguise.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?):
Holmes has appeared in a variety of comics over the years, I think he's in the public domain and has been appearing in fiction for over a 100 years.

Fictional history of the character:
Born in the English countryside in 1976, Sherlock Holmes and older brother Mycroft Holmes were raised by loving and free spirited parents. Both boys were astute students, and went to Oxford University to study. Mycroft graduated with honors and began working with the British government. A few years later Holmes, always the underachiever, ended up dropping out due to boredom. Although he dropped out on his own accord, Holmes' was on track to finish first in his class, his highest marks being in chemistry, anatomy, and criminology.

Using his academic connections, Holmes eventually caught on with Scotland Yard, acting as a paid consultant and working closely with Detective Inspector Gordon Lestrade. While the job pays more than enough, Holmes' tendency to squabble away his money has led him to seek out a roommate.


Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?:
Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character:
Holmes is one of my favorite characters in any genre and I played a very different take in the last game, so I want to play him again with another new take.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:
I can bring whatever you need, baby! What do you want? Money? Women?.....Men?

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG:
Much as possible.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:


221B Baker Street


"Mister Holmes!"

Mrs. Hudson's voice wakes me up from my fitful sleep. The door swings open and I hear two sets of feet stomping across the foyer.

"I'm so sorry about the mess, sir, I've constantly told Mister Holmes about this mess."

"You certainly have, Nanny," I say with disdain as I sit up on the couch. Flanking Mrs. Hudson is a man with dark brown hair and wearing a suit.

"Mister Holmes, this is Doctor John Watson. He's answered the ad to be your roommate."

"Splendid. Hello, Doctor. How was Afghanistan?"

Watson crinkles his brow and looks at Mrs. Hudson and then me.

"How...how did you know?"

"Oh, there are a variety of deductive methods I used to figure that out....but mostly, I noticed the pin on your lapel that announces that you are a veteran of the combat in Afghanistan."

Watson looks down at the pin and slightly blushes. "Ah, so I see."

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:
Indeed

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #34
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Wow, awesome dude. Glad you're going back to Holmes. You did a great job as him last time, I'm interested to see you're take on him this time.


__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #35
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Sanctum Solarium
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

One Universe: Independents EditionRPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Batman

Character you'd like to portray: Major Albert 'Al' Simmons - Spawn

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Possessing a link to the paranormal, Spawn possesses superhuman strength, durability, speed, and agility through use of the magical arts. To be perfectly honest, I've always thought the character was a little overpowered, so I want to downplay his abilities to those aspects and play him off as more of a ghostly figure than a one-man-army killing machine. As such, he can be killed and stay dead, it's just a little harder to pull it off when compared to everyday people.

His suit is made of necroplasmic energy, a living symbiotic armor that can allow him to shapeshift and become invisible. It's anthropomorphic cape can literally come to life and attack anyone in Spawn's way, and it's chains can become weapons within themselves. His entire body is riddled with metal spikes that can grow and subside at will, though the pain of using them weakens him to the point that they're rarely used.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Todd McFarlane's Spawn #1, Image Comics

Fictional history of the character: After years of searching for the right candidate, the United States Government found their ideal subject of Project Ghosthunt in the cunning and ruthless young military cadet, Al Simmons. Taken off the grid and undergoing a process that would erase his entire existence from official record, Simmons was tasked with being the team leader of an ultimate Black-Ops squadron that would tackle otherwise highly controversial missions, such as assassinations and kidnappings of those deemed threats to national security. The project was led by retired CIA operative Jason Wynn, whose true goals remained unclear until the team's overlying objectives underwent several changes. Refusing to lead a mission that would effectively bomb a small nation, Simmons was forced to take action when threatened and tried to out Project Ghosthunt to the public. His efforts were proven futile and in 1987, Al Simmons was murdered by one of Wynn's secondary operatives. He left behind his wife of three years, Wanda Blake, and was laid to rest in his hometown of Miami, Florida.

But something happened. In an unspeakable place, a secret realm known only by it's varying stories and legends, a Devil lurked beneath the surface to bargain with Al Simmons' soul. Lead an army of the dead, and he'd be allowed to return to Earth. Simmons accepted, knowing nothing of the journey he was about to embark on or the true terms of the deal that he had made. 20 years after his death, Simmons was brought back to his own realm as something darker, something deadlier. A Hellspawn, the first of many that the Devil needed to create an army to bring about Armageddon.

After nearly five years of tormented rest, he has finally awakened to a world he does not recognize anymore. And if the Devil has his way, his journey will cause Hell itself to be unleashed.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Walking The Line

List a few reasons why you chose this character: I've always had a mild interest in the character, going back to the mid-90's, which was Spawn's most popular period. But the crazy stuff they did over the years and the continuity upon continuity turned me off of ever truly following his mythos or investing in the lore. However, my interest was always piqued in the character at his core, and I've longed for a chance to see a version of Spawn that's more simplified, grounded, and accessible. Now's my chance to do just that, aswell explore some of the themes that drive him - the concepts of morality, mortality, religion, the supernatural, and the like.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: My strengths as a writer often lie with these street level vigilantes teetering on the edge, so there's that to consider. I also make a mean lasagna.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: Once or twice. I'm hoping to stick to one character for awhile before taking the gamble at a second, given my duties with UDC and WOH.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

Every inch of him was burning.

His eyes fluttered open as he gasped for what little oxygen he could intake, feeling drops of water hit him across the forehead. Thunder rumbled from the heavens as he finally turned on his side, his muscles aching and throbbing. Like he had been tossing and turning in a long night's sleep. His senses were sharp, sensitive. It hurt to keep his eyes open for long, feeling an intense light course into them. But he was breathing. And as far as he knew, none of his bones were broken. He guessed that it must have been a good sign - he was alive, despite the fact that he didn't recognize even a single brick of the alleyway he was laying in. Fighting off garbage as his vision continually grew sharper, making the world around him grow from a blur to a vivid picture, he got to his feet and looked around.

"Hhh. Hhh. Cold."

He caressed himself, the bitter burn turning to a chill.

"S-So cold."

At least, that's what he thought he was feeling. Due to the pouring rain, and the fact that he felt like a freshly soaked rat. Holding his head in his hands, he wandered off into the distance, looking for an end to the brick labyrnth infront of him. He didn't know what he was doing, where he was even going. But he felt like he had somewhere to be. Somewhere to go home to. And there was this image in his head - it was a vague one. Like a long lost memory trying to break through to the surface.

He turned a corner and tried to hold his balance, but it was useless. His legs instantly gave out and he dropped, like a stone, creating ripples among puddles. As he reeled from the surprising amount of pain that crackled across his skin from touching the foreign water, he caught a glimpse of his own reflection. The ripples distorted it to some degree, but it was enough to give him pause. Something wasn't right about what he was seeing. Trying as hard as he could to produce a mind's eye of what he really looked like, he was shocked to realize that he didn't have a clear picture of that.

But that was impossible. No one ever forgets their own reflection.

Do they?

"Hey, fancy man."

He turned back to see someone approaching him from the other side of the alley. At first, he thought it was a derelict. But the jacket he was wearing indicated otherwise, being too expensive looking to leave that possibility there. The man looked at him oddly, eying him up and down.

"Dig the duds. You headin' to a Halloween party?"

Trying to react, he didn't particularly feel up to it. He simply shook his head and held his palm up to his temple.

"I, whuh... Where?"

The stranger looked confused.

"Where?"

"Where am I?"

"Lying in the stone cold gutter, man. Where else you think?"

"N-No, I..."

Trying to stand, he tumbled forward. The stranger backed away.

"Jesus, you high or something?"

"Jus... Just tell me. Tell me where I am."

"Like, city wise? Country? What're you trying to ask?"

His voice becoming raspy and irritated, he glared up at the man with eyes that nearly sent the stranger into the other direction.

"Whatever you know. Tell me. Right now."

Then the stranger asked the million dollar question. And at the moment it was asked, his entire world came to a grinding halt.

"Who are you?"

He didn't know.

By the lord in heaven, he even didn't know.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro."

Last edited by Batman; 05-18-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 AM   #36
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Spawn is....APPROVED!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #37
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

IC goes up tomorrow at some point.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #38
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,511
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

No villains yet?

*still thinking*

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #39
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Sanctum Solarium
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I thought about applying as one, but he was just a hair under the six issue requirement.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro."
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #40
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

IC is up.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #41
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Just getting the first one up

No posts
wiegeabo - Dean Winchester
Rain Dog - The Goon
Byrd - Hannibal Smith
Byrd - Sherlock Holmes
Batman - Spawn

More than 30 days without a post

More than 21 days without a post

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #42
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Sanctum Solarium
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and retract that Spawn app. I like the character fine, and I had some stuff planned for solo arcs galore - but in the interest of finding someone who's better lent towards a game of interaction, he doesn't hold much water. So I'm bowing out on that. But I do have a few ideas for characters that boast rather interesting possibilities, so I'll throw a new app up soon."

Sorry for any inconvenience. I'd rather chicken out proper than continue with the notion that I'll actually post with someone who doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro."
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #43
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

It's cool man. As long as you've got other things you wanna do in the game.

PS...Where are the other guys who said they were playing this game!

Get your apps up!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #44
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

POOOOOOOOOOOSST!

And to the people who said they were signing up:

APPPPLLLLLLYYYYY!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #45
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
POOOOOOOOOOOSST!

And to the people who said they were signing up:

APPPPLLLLLLYYYYY!
........I................I........

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I'm gonna break that promise.

Goddammit, son, get in here and give me a hug.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #46
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
........I................I........

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I'm gonna break that promise.

Goddammit, son, get in here and give me a hug.
*hugs it out*

But seriously...where are all the people who voted to get this game approved?

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #47
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Took me over two ****ing hours to get that pic uploaded.

And now it's so small as to lose most of it's impact.

(that's what she said)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 05-30-2011 at 11:05 PM.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #48
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Took me over two ****ing hours to get that pic uploaded.

And now it's so small as to lose most of it's impact.

(that's what she said)
I hate when that crap happens. Good post at least.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #49
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,265
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

No posts
Byrd - Hannibal Smith

More than 30 days without a post

More than 21 days without a post

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post
Rain Dog - The Goon - 5/24
Carnage - Indiana Jones - 5/26

On the chopping block

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 06-05-2011 at 05:04 PM.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #50
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Hey Spike/MB you guys picking up characters?

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.