The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #76
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
My problem? I JUST DON'T GIVE A ****. THEY CANCEL MY SHOW, AND **** GOES CRAAAZY.

Nah, but seriously I've just been busy with an unsuccessful job/apartment hunt. I was actually going to have a post up today since my gf is visiting for about 2 weeks and it's likely I won't get any posting done then.
Sorry about the job hunting. I'm in the same boat right now.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #77
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

If either of you were accountants or in finance, and lived in California, I could probably hook you up with jobs. or at least interviews.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #78
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,437
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

What a coincidence, they're none of the above.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #79
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Suck to be them

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #80
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

............................:cs ad:........

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #81
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Yea...I'm an engineer. Thanks though! haha

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #82
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

so can i choose 2 characters and after finishing with one of them change to another?

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #83
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
so can i choose 2 characters and after finishing with one of them change to another?
Yes. Usually it takes a while to "finish" with a character, but once you're done telling that character's story, you may move on to another.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #84
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

You know what's awesome? Losing a really long post when your computer decides to restart itself.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #85
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

But that...but that's the opposite of awesome...

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #86
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
But that...but that's the opposite of awesome...


...

Anyway.... (Yes...I know you were joking)

Post is up, basically as it was.

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 07-28-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #87
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Screen Name: Lord

Character you'd like to portray: Angel

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: He's a vampire with a soul

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): He reverted to dark horse and is based on the character from the Angel tv series

Fictional history of the character:
Born Liam in 1727 in Galway, Ireland, he was sired by Vampire Darla and became one himself in 1753 and changing his name to Angelus and was dubbed The Scourge of Europe, earning notoriety for being one of the most sadistic and brutal demons in history, and the most evil vampire ever recorded. He was also known as The Demon with the Face of an Angel or The One with the Angelic Face because of his physical beauty. However, in 1898, Angelus was cursed by the members of Clan Kalderash as vengeance for killing a member of their clan. They returned his soul, forcing him to live eternally in guilt over the countless crimes he had committed.
In the late 20th century, Angel, as he began calling himself, became an ally and lover of the current Slayer, Buffy Summers. After the two were forced to realize their limitations as a couple, Angel left Buffy and moved to Los Angeles, where he became a Champion of the Powers that Be and dedicated himself to helping people in need in the hope of achieving atonement. Angel's actions were agains the interests of the demonic company Wolfram & Hart that sent the entire city of Los Angeles to a different dimension ruled by Demons.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character: I wanted to use buffy but i think i can work with angel better.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:
Vampires and hell demons, and also great characters and storylines.
How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG:
in least twice a week
Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:
It was big, like a demon Kar shal usually is, two horns on the skull, skin silvery scales covering its face and a spiked tail, I would say this is one of my best days, but I would be lying, I've fought bigger, but not in a city in these conditions.
-Hey, are you going to make me wait all day? - I say with the purpose of enfuriating him, it works and I hear a roar, followed by him running towards me.
I give him a big kick in the middle of the belly not leting him rest as i proceed to punsh his face.
-hurrrmmh - Its voice wouldn't please some people, I pull my axe and try to attack him in what I think is his weakest weakest area, the neck, in vain, because I just got the ax to be destroyed, the neck? Not so much.
Hurme HRA-hahaha! - The demon laughs in my face, I then exert more pressure in the ax, breaking it, and then i use what remains of the wooden stick that was part of the ax to stick it through his eyes, with a disgusting but also productive result.
-Note to self, pierce the eyes, not the neck, it's usually more effective.
-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh! - The demon survived? Aparently it wasn't as effective as i expected
-Ok, forget that but do you know what always works? - The demon becomes confused
-A fire-breathing dragon. - And then he turns around and sees my faithful dragon, which does not take long to turn him into ashes.


-You took a lot of time, but it's allways good to see you.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:



What about now?


Last edited by Lord; 08-01-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #88
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Okay. I'm going to have to reject your application as it stands now.

I'm going to need you to proof read it and have all the sections be written in proper English.

Also, I'd recommend that you look through the in character thread and check out how everyone sets up their posts. You're sample is unintelligible as it stands. I don't really know what's going on or who's talking.

Make those adjustments to the application, and I'll take another look at it.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #89
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Batman - James Bond - 6/11

More than 21 days without a post
Byrd - Sherlock Holmes 7/06

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block
Sherlock Holmes

Removed from roster
James Bond

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #90
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Okay. I'm going to have to reject your application as it stands now.

I'm going to need you to proof read it and have all the sections be written in proper English.

Also, I'd recommend that you look through the in character thread and check out how everyone sets up their posts. You're sample is unintelligible as it stands. I don't really know what's going on or who's talking.

Make those adjustments to the application, and I'll take another look at it.
I made the adjustement, go see it and tell me what you think

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #91
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Okay, after conferring with the other GMs, we've decided to approve you.

However, you need to read the RPG 101 rules that wieg and twylight have worked on so you really understand how to play these games. Also, as of now, you are confined to one character until you show us that you are capable of writing a good story. You're writing is a bit choppy an unfocused as of now, and we'd like to see that improve a little as you go.

Also, I think you may want to reevaluate the direction you seem to be interested in taking. As of now, the vast majority of the world doesn't know about any superhuman/alien/mystical/supernatural things that may be happening in the world. So having LA disappear wouldn't work in the current universe.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #92
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Okay, after conferring with the other GMs, we've decided to approve you.

However, you need to read the RPG 101 rules that wieg and twylight have worked on so you really understand how to play these games. Also, as of now, you are confined to one character until you show us that you are capable of writing a good story. You're writing is a bit choppy an unfocused as of now, and we'd like to see that improve a little as you go.

Also, I think you may want to reevaluate the direction you seem to be interested in taking. As of now, the vast majority of the world doesn't know about any superhuman/alien/mystical/supernatural things that may be happening in the world. So having LA disappear wouldn't work in the current universe.
Where's that?
Very well, i'll try to be more careful with the direction i take, because my english is not perfect as you probably figured out already i have to take more time with the spell check

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #93
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Where's that?
Very well, i'll try to be more careful with the direction i take, because my english is not perfect as you probably figured out already i have to take more time with the spell check
We have it linked on the first post of this thread. But you may want to wait, because I know wiegeabo is working on fixing some of it.

And that's completely fine. take your time on posts. The game doesn't get a lot of traffic, so you really don't have to worry about losing your character or anything. So take your time on posts, and get them to be as good as you can get them.

Other than that, welcome aboard!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #94
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
We have it linked on the first post of this thread. But you may want to wait, because I know wiegeabo is working on fixing some of it.

And that's completely fine. take your time on posts. The game doesn't get a lot of traffic, so you really don't have to worry about losing your character or anything. So take your time on posts, and get them to be as good as you can get them.

Other than that, welcome aboard!
Thanks you

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #95
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

All we ask is one post every two weeks. If you can do more than that, then you'll be doing better then some of the veterans around here.

So is English not your first language?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #96
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
All we ask is one post every two weeks. If you can do more than that, then you'll be doing better then some of the veterans around here.

So is English not your first language?
Nope, my first language is Portuguese, my 2nd is English because it's one of tthe most popular ones, our language is similar to spanish but we can understand them better than they understand us

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #97
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

lol. nice. My dad's half of the family is Portuguese and Spanish. Are we talking European Portuguese or Brazilian?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #98
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
lol. nice. My dad's half of the family is Portuguese and Spanish. Are we talking European Portuguese or Brazilian?
European, and i hate when those 2 portugueses from family guy speak in brazilian Portuguese and say they're from Portugal

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #99
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

lol

Azores by any chance? Or mainland?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #100
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,915
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
lol

Azores by any chance? Or mainland?
No, I'm nor from Azores, do you know the region of Algarve?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algarve

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.