The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #101
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I do not. I only ask because my grandfather was from the Azores. Not up on my Portugal knowledge.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #102
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I do not. I only ask because my grandfather was from the Azores. Not up on my Portugal knowledge.
No problem, if you live in the USA youre in a better place

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #103
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Nice first post, Lord.

EDIT: Also, roster has been updated.

Also, also, Byrd.... POST!

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 08-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #104
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Nice first post, Lord.

EDIT: Also, roster has been updated.

Also, also, Byrd.... POST!
Thank you, it's my first one

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #105
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post

Also, also, Byrd.... POST!
I am preparing to get into the mood as we speak. As God as my witness, you shall have a new Sherlock post before the sunrises on the third day of the eighth month!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #106
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I am preparing to get into the mood as we speak. As God as my witness, you shall have a new Sherlock post before the sunrises on the third day of the eighth month!
Shall I look to the east?

Glad to hear.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #107
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I'm still waiting for RPG 101

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #108
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I'm still waiting for RPG 101
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=277689

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #109
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I would have had mine up last night, but I made the mistake of laying down in my bed...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #110
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Byrd - Sherlock Holmes 7/06

More than 21 days without a post

More than 14 days without a post

More than 10 days without a post
Rain Dog - The Goon - 7/25
Carnage - Indiana Jones - 7/28
Carnage - Leonardo - 7/25

On the chopping block
Sherlock Holmes

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #111
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Yea, been away on a spur of the moment vacation. Will have stuff up soon.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #112
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Since i wont be arround during next week i'll try to make another post

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #113
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

No posts

More than 30 days without a post

More than 21 days without a post
Rain Dog - The Goon - 7/25

More than 14 days without a post
Lord - Angel - 8/03

More than 10 days without a post

On the chopping block
The Goon

Removed from roster

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #114
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Like what wieg's done with OU, I'm going to put everything here on hold, not that it's been a dynamo of activity.

Hopefully when we get moved it'll get more attention.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #115
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Like what wieg's done with OU, I'm going to put everything here on hold, not that it's been a dynamo of activity.

Hopefully when we get moved it'll get more attention.
How dare you not consult wieg and I about the decision! You're betraying our mock sham of power!

Although....meh, I don't deserve power at this point!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #116
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
How dare you not consult wieg and I about the decision! You're betraying our mock sham of power!

Although....meh, I don't deserve power at this point!
You don't even have a character damn it!

No one has posted in over a week, and I figure it's the best decision as of now. Putting the games on hold can let us divert our attention into actually getting things around here (or wherever we move to) into shape to give us the best possible chance of succeeding.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #117
Animus
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Ah darn, I was going to write up an application for Johann Kraus (my favorite Hellboy char). but if this is on hold...oh well.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #118
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Write one up anyway!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #119
Animus
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Screen Name: Animus

Character you'd like to portray:Johann Kraus

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Johann Krauss is not actually human at all. Rather the ectoplasmic spirit of a human contained within a specialized suit constructed by the occult mechanics of the BPRD. Countless hours were spent upon this suit for if he did not have as such, he would surely dissipate into the other realm. Despite this gaseous form, he is a powerful psychic medium as well as having the powers of Technoplasty.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Dark Horse's BPRD: Hollow Earth and Other Stories (2003)

Fictional history of the character: After having his human body destroyed in a mystical fire involving a seance gone awry...Johann, a German born medium...sought out the help of the BPRD in order to contain his soul.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Well, I just recently watched Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and if you've seen that movie, you'll understand the sentence "He had me at "SCREW ZE CLEARENCE, VE VIL TAKE THAT PLANE!"" But seriously, he's my favorite Hellboy character.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I plan on bringing a smart, intelligent character to life in a way that even the comics have'nt touched upon. While still staying true to his character, I hope I can bring something more to him, making him more human so to speak.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: Once or twice, possibly more once I hit my groove.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

Theres a narrow dark alley of cobblestone paths that leads me to where I need to be. As such my eyes are foggy, glassed over and I can't feel my legs for whatever reason.Oh yeah, I'm a bloody mist.

A shadow of my former self...so to speak. As my gaseous body begins to slowly disappear from the thin air it hangs upon, I see an air vent.

I narrowly make my escape and land er...float into the office of a Mr. Indiana Jones...

RING RING RING RING

"Hello...?" He answers.

"Yes. This is a Johann Krauss. A super powerful...psychic medium..."

"Well, if you're so super powerful, why ring my phone? I'm a very busy man, Mr. Krauss."

"True. I was as well, but I understand you..help people with occult problems? Perhaps you can help me then...you see...I dont have a body. After a seance gone haywire, My wandering soul has left my body..and as such I have no body. Perhaps we could work out a deal?"

"You want us to construct you a body in return for your psychic abilities? Alright, I'll humor you...where are you?"

"Behind you."

The phone go's silent as a single cold chill enters through the ceiling.



The sentence "Breathe the breath of life" never felt so surreal.



Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #120
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Nice application. I'd like to see you flesh out his fictional history a little more. Also, we usually color character's speech in order to differentiate from normal text. It's not necessary, but it definitely helps other players.

One more thing, have you read through the IC thread and the one post on the first page of this thread? I've done quite a bit with the BPRD, and it's not necessarily the same as the comics version. It's kind of like SHIELD as well as BPRD.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #121
Animus
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Nice application. I'd like to see you flesh out his fictional history a little more. Also, we usually color character's speech in order to differentiate from normal text. It's not necessary, but it definitely helps other players.

One more thing, have you read through the IC thread and the one post on the first page of this thread? I've done quite a bit with the BPRD, and it's not necessarily the same as the comics version. It's kind of like SHIELD as well as BPRD.
Thanks for reading it!

Will do. There was'nt much of a history to start with iin the comics, and even less in the movie. I kinda hated to embelish stuff as I was'nt sure as to if this rpg was "ultimate" or not.

As for the text, I'll see what I can do. Anyone use this:Screw ze Clearence![/COLOR] ?

and I have not had the chance to. I read most of the ooc first post which is where I got the indiana jones/BPRD idea from.

Anyway, thanks again for checking out my application.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #122
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Will do. There was'nt much of a history to start with iin the comics, and even less in the movie. I kinda hated to embelish stuff as I was'nt sure as to if this rpg was "ultimate" or not.
Yes, we consider this an "Ultimate" approach to a universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
As for the text, I'll see what I can do. Anyone use this:Screw ze Clearence![/COLOR] ?
You might have messed up a bit there. But I think you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
and I have not had the chance to. I read most of the ooc first post which is where I got the indiana jones/BPRD idea from.

Anyway, thanks again for checking out my application.
Sounds good.

Just make those changes to your app and I'll take a look at it again. And before we start the game up again, make sure you read through the IC thread.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #123
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Damn it, the new TMNT series has me itching to post...

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #124
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

Byrd/Wieg, are you guys still interested in playing this game? Once we move or whatever's going on, I'd like to get it back up and running again, hopefully with some new support.

Also, anyone out there in Veteran-ville interested? I know I got a good amount initially, and then people either never applied or dropped off the face of the earth once they made a post or two.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #125
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

I'm still interested.

Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.