The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 05-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #51
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: What would you have changed about the movie?

lol WHERE have you been?! We've been saying that since BEFORE the movie was out!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #52
HerosOnFilm
Side-Kick

It was quite enjoyable, but Portman's Foster was just too obnoxiously annoying, we get that you think Thor is a hunk, blah blah but not much substance.

More feats of strength by Thor, upturning the table was really it not counting the battles. The Warriors Three were great, but I wish Voltstagg would have thrown a car at the Destroyer or something...these are super-strong beings.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #53
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
lol WHERE have you been?! We've been saying that since BEFORE the movie was out!

don't you remember i was avoiding spoilers till the release was close, lol. even after seeing the movie or the episode last weekend it never dawned on me till you said something just now lol.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #54
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
don't you remember i was avoiding spoilers till the release was close, lol. even after seeing the movie or the episode last weekend it never dawned on me till you said something just now lol.
hehehe Yeah I remember, I was messin' with ya.
There's more in the easter egg thread if you think you missed more.

....to every King.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #55
Blight616
Side-Kick

1-The Destroyer fight should have been longer. Thor & Warriors Three.

2-A few feats of strength.

Besides that I thought everything was awesome. Only one thing bothered me & its really trivial but Odin's hair & beard should have been longer & Hogun didnt have his mustache.

Blight616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #56
Blight616
Side-Kick

Vartha, awesome avatar!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #57
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

THANKS Blight! Hypnotizing isn't it?

....to every King.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #58
Blight616
Side-Kick

Yes it is. Out of curiosity are you the same Vartha who posted some Thor wallpapers on the Thor message board over @ comicboards.com.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #59
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yup the one and only lol There's alot of them HERE too.
I have one thread for the Thor Comicbook Wallpapers and one for the movie Wallpapers.

here
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=336270

and here
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=175000

....to every King.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #60
Blight616
Side-Kick

I must say I am a huge fan of your work.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #61
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Less pop culture media jokes in lieu of developing Jane and Thor's relationship more naturally. Hemsworth and Portman were fun to watch together and had chemistry, but the writing was so, so forced. If they could have made that more believable the whole movie would work better.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #62
Silvermoth
Avenger

I would have torn out the entire third act and rewritten it to give it more gravitas. The battle between Loki and Thor needed to be a battle of the gods, it needed to be even more fierce than Spidey versus Doc Ock. Instead when it was over I was left thinking "hmm, is that all?"

I also wouldn't have gone so colourful with the costume and props. Something similar to Lord of the Rings where you can practically feel the texture and the reality would have been better as the movie did look a little toyish.

And as the above poster said I would have gotten rid of most of the pop culture references. We get it, it's 2011.

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #63
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Less pop culture media jokes in lieu of developing Jane and Thor's relationship more naturally. Hemsworth and Portman were fun to watch together and had chemistry, but the writing was so, so forced. If they could have made that more believable the whole movie would work better.
Uh, not that I necessarily disagree(though I didn't mind the reference(s)) but other than the facebook reference which took all of about 5 seconds of screen time, what other pop culture references were there? Pop tarts, maybe? Ok, another 5 seconds. That's all I can remember and giving those 10 seconds to further develop the Thor/Jane relationship doesn't seem like it would do a whole lot.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #64
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Uh, not that I necessarily disagree(though I didn't mind the reference(s)) but other than the facebook reference which took all of about 5 seconds of screen time, what other pop culture references were there? Pop tarts, maybe? Ok, another 5 seconds. That's all I can remember and giving those 10 seconds to further develop the Thor/Jane relationship doesn't seem like it would do a whole lot.
Yeah the complaints about Thor's "pop culture" references is this movie's version of Iron Man 2's "Avenger's promotion" complaints, both of which are blown ENTIRELY out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
The battle between Loki and Thor needed to be a battle of the gods, it needed to be even more fierce than Spidey versus Doc Ock. Instead when it was over I was left thinking "hmm, is that all?"
Well, it is a fight between Thor and Loki, those are usually pretty short considering the fact that Thor >>> Loki in terms of fighting.

There not evenly matched enough to be battling like Doc Ock and Spider-Man, maybe we can get fight of that caliber in Thor 2 with Thor vs Skurge or Kurse.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-19-2011 at 07:43 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #65
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight616 View Post
I must say I am a huge fan of your work.
Thanks Blight, I have an Art Thread too
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=219073&page=9

all kinds of different art in there

....to every King.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #66
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerosOnFilm View Post
More feats of strength by Thor, upturning the table was really it not counting the battles.
I agree, but I'm kind of used to it because Thor's strength also gets downplayed quite alot outside of the comics, for example...

Thor only had like two strength feats in the entire 1st season of Avengers: EMH, he didn't have any feats of strength in Hulk Vs, Planet Hulk, or Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 (that was Ultimate Thor but still).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #67
Bubonic
Banned User

I would of toned done and how quick the cuts are during the action sequences. You can hardly focus on what is happening. I guess this was to keep the rating accessible?

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #68
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic View Post
I would of toned done and how quick the cuts are during the action sequences. You can hardly focus on what is happening. I guess this was to keep the rating accessible?
True, this was especially evident in Hogun's brief scuffle with a Frost Giant, they cut to the next shot before his mace even made contact.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #69
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I also wouldn't have gone so colourful with the costume and props. Something similar to Lord of the Rings where you can practically feel the texture and the reality would have been better as the movie did look a little toyish.
LOTR is a literary classic, whereas Thor is based on a comic book. I think it's great that the movie is faithful to the look of Thor from the comics, instead of trying to be another LOTR. I love Tolkien's masterpiece, but that doesn't mean I want all fantasy films to copy its look.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #70
Bubonic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
True, this was especially evident in Hogun's brief scuffle with a Frost Giant, they cut to the next shot before his mace even made contact.
You think they'll add it back into the blu-ray and dvd, it must have been shot?

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #71
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

I had only one wish...that the rumored cut 15 minutes of footage was kept in. There were a couple of spots that felt rushed.

Don't get the complaints about the Thor-Destroyer fight. Surely Thor knows all about The Destroyer. So having Thor spend a few minutes bashing him with his hammer...knowing that would not defeat him....only to finally use the effective tactic at the end....would actually bother me. Thor doesn't mess around....he knows what works and gets it done. Anything else would have looked like he was needlessly prolonging the fight for fun or something...and endangering everyone around him.

Also don't get the problem with the "pop culture references". Kick Ass was awesome last year and it revolved around MySpace. And a movie that was 100% about Facebook was one of the most critically acclaimed movies last year.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #72
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
They just needed more time on the whole. He was there for what, 2-3 days? And in that time he develops feelings strong enough for him to want to return to Earth just for her someday?

Now Natalie Portman is one of the most beautiful people in the world so in real life I would buy that, lol, after 2-3 seconds with her face to face I'd be willing to walk from here to Mexico, but for the god of thunder?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #73
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
They just needed more time on the whole. He was there for what, 2-3 days? And in that time he develops feelings strong enough for him to want to return to Earth just for her someday?
You are treating this as if they were madly in love and wanted to get married right away, but that isn't the case. Yes, Jane was infatuated with a Thor, who just happens to be not only handsome, but a friggin' GOD OF THUNDER. Of course she'd be smitten by him. As for Thor, he may not have spent that much time on Earth, but in those few days he learnt alot about himself, and pretty much changed his personality fundamentally. During these times, Jane was there to help him, and spent time with him. Not only that, but I'm sure Thor (despite his godhood), was attracted to Jane as well, and he was intrigued by her. I don't think it is unreasonable to have Thor wanting to see Jane again.

Quote:
Now Natalie Portman is one of the most beautiful people in the world so in real life I would buy that, lol, after 2-3 seconds with her face to face I'd be willing to walk from here to Mexico, but for the god of thunder?
The Asgardian gods, much like Greek gods, have natural human emotions and they behave just like any humans with the exception of immortality and amazing abilities. I don't see why Thor won't be attracted to someone as beautiful as Jane; heck, if Thor were Zeus he'd probably make her pregnant already.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #74
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
You are treating this as if they were madly in love and wanted to get married right away, but that isn't the case. Yes, Jane was infatuated with a Thor, who just happens to be not only handsome, but a friggin' GOD OF THUNDER. Of course she'd be smitten by him. As for Thor, he may not have spent that much time on Earth, but in those few days he learnt alot about himself, and pretty much changed his personality fundamentally. During these times, Jane was there to help him, and spent time with him. Not only that, but I'm sure Thor (despite his godhood), was attracted to Jane as well, and he was intrigued by her. I don't think it is unreasonable to have Thor wanting to see Jane again.

The Asgardian gods, much like Greek gods, have natural human emotions and they behave just like any humans with the exception of immortality and amazing abilities. I don't see why Thor won't be attracted to someone as beautiful as Jane; heck, if Thor were Zeus he'd probably make her pregnant already.
I hear what your saying, here and the other thread included, but personally, and it's my opinion, the whole romance was just farfetched and his personal arc was real fast.

Yeah I can see her being smitten obviously, but this is the friggin' GOD OF THUNDER, like you said. What makes her so special after a few days? I agree about the human emotions, but that being said, I'm sure Thor's seen plenty of women in his time, on every realm lol.

In the comics the connection makes more sense. She's in touch with Donald Blake on a consistent basis for that type of attraction to manifest. She loves him & Thor, over time. But if anything, in this movie Thor may have had some lust for her, but that's about it. I can't see where all these emotions come from after such a small period of time, and even if they are there, you can't expect the audience to feel the same way.

Rachel Dawes, Pepper Potts, Mary Jane Watson, Betty Ross, these connections make a little more sense given the length of time these love interests were in their respective men's lives. On top of that, their all human beings on the basic level, not universe traveling, realm jumping, dimension bending gods.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #75
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I hear what your saying, here and the other thread included, but personally, and it's my opinion, the whole romance was just farfetched and his personal arc was real fast.

Yeah I can see her being smitten obviously, but this is the friggin' GOD OF THUNDER, like you said. What makes her so special after a few days? I agree about the human emotions, but that being said, I'm sure Thor's seen plenty of women in his time, on every realm lol.

In the comics the connection makes more sense. She's in touch with Donald Blake on a consistent basis for that type of attraction to manifest. She loves him & Thor, over time. But if anything, in this movie Thor may have had some lust for her, but that's about it. I can't see where all these emotions come from after such a small period of time, and even if they are there, you can't expect the audience to feel the same way.

Rachel Dawes, Pepper Potts, Mary Jane Watson, Betty Ross, these connections make a little more sense given the length of time these love interests were in their respective men's lives. On top of that, their all human beings on the basic level, not universe traveling, realm jumping, dimension bending gods.
Well, when Thor & Jane kissed it was Jane who initiate the kiss, not him. And he said he wanted to see her again, quite possibly so he can learn more about her, not that he suddenly wanted to make her his wife. Do you think it is unreasonable for him to want to see her again? And like I said, Thor may have spent only a few days on Earth, but in those time he has had many life-altering events that happened, including the feelings of abandonment, the low self-esteem after Mjolnir rejected him, and even death. Humans usually develop episodic memories after such experiencing such events, and I don't think Thor was the exception. He will always remember the times he spent on Earth, and Jane is part of that equation.