The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #276
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Re: Revenge

Mom’s the word on Season 2 of Revenge, what with both Emily and Victoria “reuniting” with their respective mothers on the ABC soap this fall. Might Nolan be the next Hampton-ite to come face-to-face with his maker? The character’s portrayer, Gabriel Mann, certainly hopes so. In fact, he’s already taken the liberty of jumpstarting the casting process!

“I don’t want to jinx it, [but] I had an actress — one of my favorite actresses on one of the most amazing shows that is no longer on the air, but I would say is quite iconic — approach me at a party about her love of [Revenge],” Mann recalls to TVLine. “[She] said that since we’re doing all sorts of mama drama in Season 2 here, why don’t we meet Nolan’s mom?

“There was an unofficial Kim Basinger-like verbal agreement that she would be interested in signing up,” he adds. “So, I’m hoping that happens.”

One hurdle appears to have already been cleared: Mann received an informal sign-off from series creator Mike Kelley. “He clapped his hands together and got that twisted little Nolan smile on his face,” says the actor of his boss’ reaction to the news. “So, I’m hoping that was a yes.”

Whomever ends up scoring the plum part, Mann predicts that the MIA Ms. Ross will be “quite interesting If she has even half of Nolan’s qualities,” adding, “I would be really interested to see where he came from.”

http://tvline.com/2012/12/06/revenge...r/#more-387106

Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #277
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

This Sunday marks the return of ABC’s Revenge (at 9/8c) — and the beginning of a return to form for erstwhile Big Bad Victoria Grayson.

“My big goal [for the rest of] this season is to reset the revenge element between Emily and Victoria, and to really solidify Victoria as our villain once again,” creator Mike Kelley shares with TVLine. “She’s quite gray in a lot of ways this year. She’s evolving, which is good, but when her back is truly against a wall, she’s capable of some pretty terrible things.”

And terrible things we’ll see throughout this latest batch of episodes, which find “Emily and Victoria forced to work together for their own purposes — even [as they are] keeping secrets from one another,” Kelley previews. Ultimately, he adds: “Everything we’re [currently] doing between the two of them is leading toward greater conflict in order to reset and refuel the series for some time to come.”

Also receiving a slight tweak in the second half of Revenge‘s sophomore run is the increasingly twisty — and at times convoluted — Initiative plot. Kelley is firm in his belief that there “needs to be a heavy, dark force” on Revenge — which this evil corporation (?) no doubt is — yet concedes that “the show was never meant to be about a grand conspiracy in Alias or Homeland terms. It’s a smaller story about a girl out for vengeance to get the people who killed her father. What she really needs is the identities of those people and she’s going do anything she can to get them; that’s what her goal is here.”

Which means that the focus of the show will now be to “make sure that [The Initiative] is not as nebulous; that we understand, specifically, what they’re doing as it unfolds, as well as how it involves Nolan, Padma, Aiden, Daniel and everybody… It will tie everyone together.

“The show only works when it all leads back to Emily,” Kelley affirms. “The more successful outings where The Initiative is concerned aren’t when we’re podding other characters off in their own Initiative story. Rather, it’s when Emily’s involved and we know exactly what’s at stake, what the crimes are and what we’re doing.”

Still, Kelley enthuses, “Everybody just needs to hold tight a bit for a little clarity on The Initiative… All in all, I feel like once this season is taken in as a whole and everything is understood — meaning you know what you’re watching and what you’ve watched — it’s going to feel as satisfying, if not more so, than the last.”

http://tvline.com/2013/01/05/revenge...s/#more-393691

Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #278
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Emily Van Camp cast as female lead in Captain America sequel!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #279
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
As I said in the Cap thread, I literally had goosebumps reading this. I always thought she should be in a comic movie. I think she could have even been a more main superheroine than just Sharon, given her talent. With her added to the cast, especially coming from a popular show like Revenge, that will bring an added draw to the movie.

But where on earth did she come out from? She didn't even seem to be in the mix at all. It's like they cast her based on her work on Revenge, a bit like how Evans was cast for his previous work before. Don't know if that is the case, but it almost seems that way.

I'm assuming she is Sharon Carter. She'll definitely shine next to Scarlett and Cobie. Well, she's a better actress than Cobie anyway.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #280
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #281
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As much as this season hasn't lived up to the first, I'm very much looking forward to this.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #282
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Bah! I thought it might be on tonight, but we'll have to wait another week for that!!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #283
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Victoria capped a *****!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #284
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

She did indeed.

But I though the big stuff with the boat would happen tonight! ARGH, misleading trailer!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #285
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So it's Victoria's turn this week to shoot someone in cold blood like Ann Ewing did in Dallas last week, except here it's not surprising behaviour from her.

Also thought the stuff with the boat would happen this week. Is it the mid season finale next week and does that mean there will be a break? We already had a few week's break.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #286
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, at least Victoria's shooting seemed well plotted out.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #287
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think maybe the shooting should've been the mystery at the beginning of the season with Victoria shooting someone but we don't know who exactly. The boat going down with Jack and Amanda doesn't seem all that exciting and not as much a part of the main plot as it was last season with Daniel possibly being shot at the start.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #288
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, but unlike Victoria shooting that lady, I think whatever ends up happening on the boat ends up being a turning point for Emily. That to me makes it more interesting than Victoria killing some member of this organization.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #289
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybe, but it could all be a ruse for the audience like last year. Perhaps the boat does sink, but Jack and Amanda escape and it's actually Michael Trucco who perishes at sea. If that's the case, then that won't really affect Emily all that much. She'll be sad to see the boat go, but glad they're safe.

That's what happened in Season 1 with Tyler, who ended up being shot instead of Daniel. I don't think they'll kill off Jack. Maybe Amanda, but not likely Jack.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #290
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Maybe, but it could all be a ruse for the audience like last year. Perhaps the boat does sink, but Jack and Amanda escape and it's actually Michael Trucco who perishes at sea. If that's the case, then that won't really affect Emily all that much. She'll be sad to see the boat go, but glad they're safe.

That's what happened in Season 1 with Tyler, who ended up being shot instead of Daniel. I don't think they'll kill off Jack. Maybe Amanda, but not likely Jack.
Seriously, she needs to die.

I'm sick of her.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #291
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Poor Amanda. I think I'll actually miss that crazy stripper.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #292
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'm awaiting the inevitable moment where Charlotte finds out what her family has done here and flat out sets one of them on fire in their sleep. I'm betting on Conrad.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #293
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I can see the reveal scene now.... She gets told, then just drops dead with smoke coming from her ears as her brain combusts trying to work out the cluster**** of a family tree she has...

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #294
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well i guessed that Jack wouldn't die but I thought maybe Amanda might make it. If she hadn't gone back to get her necklace all would've been well. Who is searching in the wreckage though? It didn't show that bit in the proper context now.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #295
jacobed
Banned User

This show gets absurd at times and I go with it but I can't accept the fact the driver didn't hear Victoria shoot the woman. Gunshots are loud.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #296
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
This show gets absurd at times and I go with it but I can't accept the fact the driver didn't hear Victoria shoot the woman. Gunshots are loud.
Well that driver can't even tell Victoria and Helen Crowley apart as passengers, so it's not surprising.

That other guy from the Initiative who began investigating looks creepy. Where has he played before?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #297
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well that driver can't even tell Victoria and Helen Crowley apart as passengers, so it's not surprising.

That other guy from the Initiative who began investigating looks creepy. Where has he played before?
He was one of the cast members on Torchwood for a few seasons. Probably one of the biggest things he's known for over here is that he was the assistant to that one mafia guy that Catwoman robbed in Dark Knight Rises. He was the one we saw get sent out onto the ice and fall through.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #298
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I thought it might be in The Dark Knight Rises. He needs to have another role in a comic book movie since he's so creepy.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #299
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: Revenge

The last few eps of Revenge have been very good IMO...and they came just at the time I was asking for this show to step it up a notch...

Victoria gets her crown back for shooting Helen...V was seriously losing credit as Queen B as of recent eps...she's got it back now.

We all knew (hopefully) "Amanda"/Emily wasn't long for this world...I say Padma may be next to go or Aiden...

I'm waiting for the inevitable, monkey wrench to be thrown into the machine, which will shake things up for everyone.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #300
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I thought Aiden was bumped up to series regular a while ago, whereas Amanda was always listed as a guest star. Therefore I don't think Aiden will be disappearing, just like Jack. Padma maybe.