The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Re: Revenge

Rescue Me‘s James McCaffrey is hungry for a little Revenge.

The actor — who played guardian angel Jimmy Keefe to Denis Leary’s Tommy Gavin on the FX drama — is joining the wonderfully frothy ABC soap in a major recurring role, sources confirm to TVLine.

His character, Ryan Huntley, is a take-charge, no-BS attorney who has represented the husband of currently comatose Lydia in their nasty divorce. We’ll quickly learn that Ryan’s motives extend beyond winning the case.

Might this be a clue that Lydia’s about to awake from her summer slumber?

McCaffrey is set to debut in this season’s 10th episode, which is slated to air in January.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/reveng...frey-season-1/

Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Rescue Me‘s James McCaffrey is hungry for a little Revenge.

The actor — who played guardian angel Jimmy Keefe to Denis Leary’s Tommy Gavin on the FX drama — is joining the wonderfully frothy ABC soap in a major recurring role, sources confirm to TVLine.

His character, Ryan Huntley, is a take-charge, no-BS attorney who has represented the husband of currently comatose Lydia in their nasty divorce. We’ll quickly learn that Ryan’s motives extend beyond winning the case.

Might this be a clue that Lydia’s about to awake from her summer slumber?

McCaffrey is set to debut in this season’s 10th episode, which is slated to air in January.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/reveng...frey-season-1/
Summer slumber? It's not like she's been asleep between seasons. She only was pushed off the building by Frank recently, so it's not like that much time has elapsed.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #28
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Well looks like Daniels bff is gay or atleast bisexual. Wasnt expecting that to happen tonight.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #29
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^I kind of seen it comming but yeah he's kind of a sleezeball so I'm not even sure if he's gay or just opportunistic. Nolan getting it in with him was a little strange though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #30
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I always had a feeling that Tyler was a bit gay but didn't expect Nolan. Guess there were signs in hindsight.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #31
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Well looks like Daniels bff is gay or atleast bisexual. Wasnt expecting that to happen tonight.
Didn't I say that last week but you didn't agree? I thought he always seemed a bit gay with the way he seems as if he wants Daniel for himself and is jealous of Emily. He also almost invades Daniel's personal space a little too much when he's around him. I thought he was going to try to kiss Daniel last week when he was about to pass out but Daniel pushed him away even in his semi unconscious state, so that's why Tyler went and smashed his own head in because he was scorned.

I just hope that Nolan doesn't literally switch sides in that he falls for Tyler and then turns traitor on Emily.

I hope they get rid of Tyler soon as he is very sleazy and I find him somewhat distasteful to watch. His days must be numbered on the show since he seems to be in Emily's sights now. But what is Nolan going to do? Show the gay sex video to Ashley or someone else? Isn't that damaging Nolan's own reputation, unless he doesn't care himself.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Yeah, I don't think Nolan cares much about his own reputation. To everyone else though, their reputation is everything. Nolan is already disliked by some people so he doesn't have to worry about letting them down.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The question is whether Nolan is going to use those videos to get rid of Tyler or is it just for his own private viewing? Does he plan to get rid of him some other way? If Nolan shows the videos, Tyler could claim that Nolan seduced him and people might believe him since Nolan has no reputation.

I wonder if Tyler now considers himself a Nolanite?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:35 AM   #34
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

Nolan will use the tape to blackmail Tyler I think.

Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #35
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Didn't I say that last week but you didn't agree?
ya but as I said, wasnt expecting it. But it just looks like he is using Daniel to get in good with the Graysons so his master plan can come together, not that he wants Daniel all to himself.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur Xavier View Post
Nolan will use the tape to blackmail Tyler I think.
He might use it to "employ" Tyler in Emily and Nolan's revenge plans.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #37
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
He might use it to "employ" Tyler in Emily and Nolan's revenge plans.
I don't know about that. Can he be trusted? I would rather he end up as one of Emily's revenge targets.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #38
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

The way I figure, he's a con man. He'll gravitate to whoever gives him the better deal. If Nolan and Emily promise him a better future than working with the Graysons then he'll side with them. But I think the video will be used as blackmail, for sure.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #39
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

CCH Pounder! I hope we get more flashbacks with her mentoring Emily/Amanda in her revenge plots.

I agree in that I figured Tyler would be gay, possibly in love with Daniel. Didn't really expect Nolan, but it kinda fits. I wonder if he's got a bit of a thing for Jack, himself?

I'm really, really enjoying this show. I like how there's been a bit of a resurgence in these semi-soapy dramas in prime-time between this and Ringer.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #40
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^Agreed in all fronts. I hope Dallas can follow suite and be just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #41
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
CCH Pounder! I hope we get more flashbacks with her mentoring Emily/Amanda in her revenge plots.

I agree in that I figured Tyler would be gay, possibly in love with Daniel. Didn't really expect Nolan, but it kinda fits. I wonder if he's got a bit of a thing for Jack, himself?

I'm really, really enjoying this show. I like how there's been a bit of a resurgence in these semi-soapy dramas in prime-time between this and Ringer.
I don't know about that. He was always pushing him towards Emily. Quite the opposite of what Tyler is always doing with Daniel. I think Tyler is certainly more gay than Nolan just from his behaviour so far.

CCH Pounder might show up more now that she's been killed of in Warehouse 13. Maybe she'll set up some mysterious organisation and develop a fetish for chess pieces.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #42
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he might have a thing for Jack the same way Tyler might have a thing for Daniel, but it would help explain why he shows such a heavy interest in Jack's life.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #43
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Why was Revenge not on this week?

Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #44
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

CMAs were on.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #45
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know about that. He was always pushing him towards Emily. Quite the opposite of what Tyler is always doing with Daniel. I think Tyler is certainly more gay than Nolan just from his behaviour so far.

CCH Pounder might show up more now that she's been killed of in Warehouse 13. Maybe she'll set up some mysterious organisation and develop a fetish for chess pieces.
Well your dreams came true...sort of:

Quote:
Insider: Then I can only imagine what kind of reactions you got to the last episode!
Ashton: Yea [laughs], it's definitely been talked about a lot. For an actor, it's just really cool to be a part of a show that’s as daring as this one is. Although, there was actually a lot more to Tyler's ambiguous sexuality that was sort of scaled back, so I think people suspected that Tyler is just sort of doing whatever he needs to do to get ahead.

Insider: Oh? What was taken out?
Ashton: There was a lot about Tyler's weird obsession with Daniel. Remember that episode where Daniel got drunk, well, when he passed out, Tyler kissed him as he slept. That was taken out. They also took out a moment when he passed out at the Stowaway where I tried to have my way with him. The stuff with Nolan and I, they definitely scaled it back. It was more sexy.

Insider: Oh, very interesting. So tell me, knowing all of this, how do you see Tyler? At first I thought he was this Talented Mr. Ripley-type, where it wasn't that he was just in love with Daniel, but more like he wanted to be Daniel. What's your take?
Ashton: As the first few scripts came down the pipe I really thought Talented Mr. Ripley was the blueprint for the character too. This soul-stealing guy. As the show evolves and as the character evolves, my idea of who Tyler is definitely changed. Now, I see him more as a hustler and a master manipulator who will do whatever he needs to do to get ahead on the social ladder. It's less of this twisted soul-stealing kid and more of a hustler, who wants the riches. I think he still envies the Graysons and what they represent, but ultimately I think Tyler wants power and I think he sees Daniel as a way to get that power.

Insider: Then do you see his relationship with Ashley as an arm candy situation?
Ashton: Well, I don't think that Tyler is necessarily gay, but I think his relationship with Ashley serves two purposes: I think he does find a friend in her. As slimy as Tyler can be, I think there is something genuine about Tyler and I think there is an attraction there. But I also think she does serve a purpose in his plan. She's got a really unique relationship with the Graysons and obviously knows a lot about their life and he believes that to be an asset to his plan. I think there are two sides to his relationship with her.

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/46295_A...Talks_Revenge/

Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #46
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Well your dreams came true...sort of:
I wouldn't exactly call them dreams. More like nightmares. But more accurately speculations.

Anyone care to speculate when the events of the start of the first episode when Daniel is murdered might come to pass? Will it be at the end of this season? They can't leave it too late (eg right at the very end of the series) otherwise they'll all look older and significantly different.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #47
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Oh wow I totally forgot that we are in flashback mode.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #48
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think they might've written themselves into a corner with that part. It was ok at the start when no-one was invested in any of the characters. However, if he is a popular character, that might be a problem. I can bet lots of girls watching will protest now if Daniel is killed off, unless they retcon it that he's just critically injured.

I don't remember if they showed the gunman clearly or not. If they did, does anyone recognise him (if they have that episode to hand)? Or maybe he was in disguise? The culprit could be Tyler (in a jealous rage), a hitman hired by the real Emily Thorne (who is psychotic and wanted to hurt Emily/Amanda), or another character we haven't seen yet.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #49
Sith Scotti
Banned User

They said about episode 13 , the Daniel stuff would be solved . They daid it was defintely be solved before the end of the season.

Daniel is a decent guy , but they can't start doing retcons because people may like the, Shows like Lost & 24 have shown that you can kill off likable charactes and people will not tune out . Do whats best for the story

Sith Scotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #50
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybe Daniel's death will trigger another revenge plot on Emily's part. BTW, what do we call her now that the real Emily Thorne has shown up? And what do we call the real Emily?