The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #76
Sith Scotti
Banned User

Default Re: Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is next week the season finale? Just wondered, since the promo seemed to possibly hint at that, and some have said before that everything will make sense or fall into line by episode 13 (which is next week's one).

No it got a 22 episode full season pickup . We got 10 more episodes yet

Sith Scotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I read that episode 13 will conclude this current revenge storyline and will start a new storyline which will go on until the season finale.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #78
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So what's this about a new storyline and the conclusion of the current storyline? That isn't the case with tonight's episode. It looks like the same revenge plot is set to continue, just that Emily has regrouped but also renewed her efforts with more determination and passion now that Victoria has told Daniel that David Clarke raped Victoria.

It still looks set to culminate in the engagement party or whatever it was in the first episode where Daniel was shot.

Who else would've been starting a new revenge plot anyway, since the show is all about Emily's quest for vengeance?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #79
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Rumor say Episode 15 will bring us back to begining of Pilot and we will learn If It was
Indeed Daniel who was killed on the beach.And the murderer will be on trial In the final episodes of the season.Tonight was episode 13.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #80
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Nobody surprised by the sister reveal? I had that pegged ages ago

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #81
jacobed
Banned User

It's kind of like 24 where about half way through the season they kind of ended that current storyline they had and finished the season with a storyline that was pretty much the bigger picture.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #82
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Nobody surprised by the sister reveal? I had that pegged ages ago
I was surprised by that I will admit.Now I saw what happened tonight
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Victoria's lawyer working with Emily
coming.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #83
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I remember Ausiello commenting a few weeks back about a show he liked was doing a
stupid false rape claim
storyline.... guess it's this one....

Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #84
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I remember Ausiello commenting a few weeks back about a show he liked was doing a
stupid false rape claim
storyline.... guess it's this one....
Unless it's Ringer

Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #85
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

can't see two new shows running with the same plotline in the first season......

Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #86
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
So what's this about a new storyline and the conclusion of the current storyline? That isn't the case with tonight's episode. It looks like the same revenge plot is set to continue, just that Emily has regrouped but also renewed her efforts with more determination and passion now that Victoria has told Daniel that David Clarke raped Victoria.

It still looks set to culminate in the engagement party or whatever it was in the first episode where Daniel was shot.

Who else would've been starting a new revenge plot anyway, since the show is all about Emily's quest for vengeance?
I'm kind of disappointed. At the beginning of the season I read that the creator intended for the first half to be about this storyline and then bring up a new one. I guess plans changed. I guess the season finale in May will pick up where the beginning of the season premiere left off.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #87
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

ABC's Revenge has found an attorney with ample courtroom experience.

Actor Courtney B. Vance, already known for his legal dealings as A.D.A. Ron Carver on Law and Order: Criminal Intent, has been signed to play attorney Benjamin Barrett.

A big murder trial will soon be getting under way on Revenge after the shocking turn of events at Victoria's Fire and Ice Ball in early February, with Courtney's character so far scheduled to appear in at least three episodes.

You know this is going to get nasty!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revenge-...e-1042039.aspx

Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #88
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

It seems we'll know what happened on the beach during the February 15th episode. I guess that's when we will get caught up to present day.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/19/th...er-tv-preview/

Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #89
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I'm kind of disappointed. At the beginning of the season I read that the creator intended for the first half to be about this storyline and then bring up a new one. I guess plans changed. I guess the season finale in May will pick up where the beginning of the season premiere left off.
Ok, I think I've found where this disconnect is. Here's what the creator has said about something happening by episode 13:

Quote:
I really like Revenge, but will that be all Emily Thorne does? Just getting revenge? —Jennifer
NATALIE:
Not always, says executive producer Mike Kelley. "All the questions that are posed in the pilot will be answered by the 13th episode, which is actually that engagement party," he says. "The concept for the show is to do this in installments, so the first installment takes 13 episodes and then the back half of the season will be the trial of the murderer." Translation: Expect a lot more revenge before the healing can begin.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buz...e-1038197.aspx

So, no, he never said that there would be a new revenge plot starting up after ep 13, just that most of the questions from the pilot, ie Daniel's "death" and who pulled the trigger, would be answered, and then we move on to the next plot point, the trial. The revenge plot is going to be ongoing throughout the entire series, so we can't expect that to end anytime soon.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #90
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Well I guess the answers that were poised in the pilot will be pushed back from the 13th episode to the 15th episode. That will air February 15th.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #91
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I've just started watching this on demand. Consider me hooked.

Emily Van Camp...

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #92
Paradox1
Side-Kick

That woman can't tell the truth to save her life.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #93
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I've just started watching this on demand. Consider me hooked.

Emily Van Camp...
Took ya long enough.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #94
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

It’s out with the old (later, Conrad) and in with the new (hello, hunk from Rome!) for Victoria Grayson.

James Purefoy has landed a recurring gig on ABC’s Revenge playing a new love interest for Madeline Stowe’s Hamptons schemer.

Beginning in Episode 17, the soon-to-be-divorced Victoria is “going to have a big, passionate love affair” with Purefoy’s mystery man, Stowe tells The Insider.com (which first broke the casting scoop).

Purefoy joins an ever-growing list of Revenge guest stars, which include Courtney B. Vance as a high-powered defense attorney in the upcoming murder trial, and William Devane as the Grayson family patriarch.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/reveng...1/#more-290598

Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #95
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Took ya long enough.

I thought it looked like one of the most interesting of the new shows at the start of the season, but I wasn't sure how they'd make it work as a series. Then I lost track of it, and American Horror Story started in the same timeslot. But I started watching a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #96
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

As ABC's Revenge nears the February reveal of what exactly happened on the beach during Emily and Daniel's engagement party, more legal types will be drawn into the drama.

Former child actress Veronica Cartwright, who hasn't stopped working since being terrorized in Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 classic The Birds, will be playing a judge beginning in late February.

Cartwright joins Courtney B. Vance, who recently joined the series as defense attorney Benjamin Brooks. And Victoria's new love interest, to be played by Rome stud James Purefoy beginning in March, now has a name: Dominic.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revenge-...t-1042626.aspx

Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #97
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

In this week's episode, it seems that someone knows Emily Thorne's secret, judging from the ending. Or maybe it's Amanda who has broken in? Either way, it looks like it's definitely building up to the big episode next week with Daniel being shot.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #98
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

****s gonna hit the fan.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #99
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It Is going to be Intresting to see If they really have the guts to keep to their original
plan Daniel fangirls be damned or If the promo Is misleading.The promo strongly suggests
they do have guts.Next week will be Intresting.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #100
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I hope they don't kill Daniel I've grown to like him as a character. He has been portrayed as a genuinely good guy besides the drinking problem. Other than that he's not a despicable rich kid who thinks he's entitled to anything.