The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #101
CB Fan
The Watcher

Default Re: Revenge

Just started watching the show watched episodes 1-10 and wow I had heard this was a good show but didn't believe it till now ABC has two good ones with 'Once upon a time's' and this.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #102
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I hope they don't kill Daniel I've grown to like him as a character. He has been portrayed as a genuinely good guy besides the drinking problem. Other than that he's not a despicable rich kid who thinks he's entitled to anything.
Yeah, I've been going back and forth on Daniel. On one hand, I get Emily's revenge plan and think she should go through with it but Daniel is truly innocent in all of this. If he was a douche bag, I wouldn't feel as bad. But it's really Victoria and Conrad who should be targeted...not their kids.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #103
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Talk about a bait and switch! Though I am not totally mad but didnt we see him shot at the beginning of the episode?

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #104
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Boy, I really wish I didn't accidentally read who got shot about five hours before the episode aired.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #105
ravn0s
Side-Kick

always thought it was going to be tyler. sucks that he's dead though, i enjoyed his character.

Quote:
Talk about a bait and switch! Though I am not totally mad but didnt we see him shot at the beginning of the episode?
yeah you could clearly see it was daniel.

i wonder who killed tyler though. was it daniel or fauxmanda?

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #106
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I was a bit disappointed with the episode. I had a feeling they wouldn't be so bold as to kill daniel off. They waited for the entire episode before revealing who was shot and I thought Emily's secret would finally come out to Victoria or at least Jack. I hope they don't wait until the end of the series to reveal Emily's secret. Hopefully by the end of the season Victoria will know who Emily really is.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #107
Destructus86
Side-Kick

...is this show in risk of being cancelled? I want to know before I watch it.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Nope.ratings were good last night.Finished second In timeslot.It's very likely to get second season.It,and Once Upon a Time have been success storys this season for ABC.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #109
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

So the switcharoo was expected... but everything else...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Takeda picking up 'Fauzmanda' is intriguing..... what angle is he playing?

Guessing that Defence attorney casting is for Daniel in regards to Tyler's death then....

Or Jack...... as his fingerprints are going to be all over the body...

Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #110
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
always thought it was going to be tyler. sucks that he's dead though, i enjoyed his character.

yeah you could clearly see it was daniel.

i wonder who killed tyler though. was it daniel or fauxmanda?
That was definitely a retcon. There was no mistake it was Daniel at the start of the episode. It's not like we just thought it was him but it was really Tyler. How do they explain that?

Didn't Charlotte and Declan also think to check the body when they saw it instead of jumping to conclusions and crying wolf? Why would they just assume it was Daniel, especially since most of the men at the party were wearing white tuxedos? It doesn't make sense. Wouldn't they want to be sure, and also see if they could check for a pulse and save him if he might not be dead? That's not the normal course of action if one sees a loved one shot or lying there seemingly dead.

And Victoria doesn't recognise her own son's head from the back or his body shape? It's not like Daniel and Tyler look so alike or even have the same coloured hair.

I bet it was because Daniel became a popular character that they had to switch him with Tyler.

I'm guessing it might be Takeda who shot Tyler. Amanda seemed to suggest it wasn't her. It could be Daniel, but probably not likely, although he could always claim self defence.

OR... maybe it was Emily who shot Tyler!!!

Last edited by Dark Raven; 02-16-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #111
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

For God's sake, people, we saw Daniel hit the sand! We didn't see him get two bullets in the back. Whoever killed Tyler most likely knocked him out.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #112
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That was definitely a retcon. There was no mistake it was Daniel at the start of the episode. It's not like we just thought it was him but it was really Tyler. How do they explain that?
At the start of the episode, we heard the shot, and then saw Daniel fall, we didn't see him get hit with the bullet. We also only saw a close up of the gun firing two bullets, not where they went. My theory is that whoever shot Tyler was somewhere behind Daniel, who then knocked Daniel out, because after he falls, we see another figure, one in a black coat if I remember correctly, reach in and take the photo. That would also explain how groggy Daniel was when he walked up to the crowd when the body was found.

Quote:
Didn't Charlotte and Declan also think to check the body when they saw it instead of jumping to conclusions and crying wolf? Why would they just assume it was Daniel, especially since most of the men at the party were wearing white tuxedos? It doesn't make sense. Wouldn't they want to be sure, and also see if they could check for a pulse and save him if he might not be dead? That's not the normal course of action if one sees a loved one shot or lying there seemingly dead.
Don't forget that Charlotte was high on pills when they went out there. She also knew her brother was out walking around out there, then freaked when she found the gun. It's not a completely illogical jump to make, especially with a drug addled brain. And as far as checking the body, the two glaring bullet holes in the back make it kind of pointless to check to see if whoever was still alive, plus, Dec is a bit of a bonehead, so I doubt he even knows how to check for that. And grief at seeing what they think is someone they love dead, doesn't always lead to someone acting in a "normal" way.

Quote:
And Victoria doesn't recognise her own son's head from the back or his body shape? It's not like Daniel and Tyler look so alike or even have the same coloured hair.
Again, grief can make someone jump to a lot of conclusions. Victoria may be an ice queen, but she clearly still loves her children very much, so when she hears that her son is dead or hurt, she's going to freak out about it until she is 100% sure it's not him. It's also the middle of the night and visibility is not the best, so I really doubt anyone could have reacted that differently until the body was turned over.

I also doubt that they pulled a switch of Daniel with Tyler because of popularity. They were intentionally vague about who it was, we never saw his face, from the first episode.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #113
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I was surprised to find out that the one who plays Daniel is really English.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #114
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I was surprised to find out that the one who plays Daniel is really English.
Hmm, that's interesting. I did not know that.

I actually sometimes wondered if the actor who plays Tyler is English, because sometimes he sounds like an Englishman putting on an American accent.

Maybe Daniel's fake American accent is better than Tyler's real one.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #115
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

the Daniel actor is English??

Old 02-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #116
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Heh, well, Tyler's actor is originally from Albany, New York, so it's definitely not an accent he's trying to disguise. Maybe it's the actor trying to make Tyler fit in with all the rich busy bodies, so he tries to make him talk like he thinks he's superior to the "commoners".

Also a fun fact about Tyler's actor, probably the role he was best known for before this was as Viggo Mortenson's son in A History of Violence.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #117
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think Tyler could've worked with an english accent.

It's like Alexis Denisof. He's american, but somehow sounds more natural with an english accent like in Angel. When he speaks normally, he sounds a bit like these english people who are slightly overdoing it with the fake american accent by rolling their "Rs" a little too much and a few other things. It sounds a bit like Rosamund Pike's american accent in the movie "Fracture".

Daniel's american accent is good though, as is Hugh Laurie's on House, Simon Baker's on The Mentalist, Yvonne Strahovski's on Chuck, Alex O'Loughlin in Hawaii Five-0 or Andrew Garfield in The Social Network/ Spider-Man.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 02-19-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #118
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Alexis is American?! I thought the English accent was real and the American accent on HIMYM was fake! *mind blown*

Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #119
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Really great commercial for the show that aired during the Oscars a little bit ago. If it pops up online, I'll post it if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #120
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Yeah, I loved the promos. One of my friends thought they were really hammy.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #121
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Love it.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #122
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Think the current season of ABC's Revenge can't possibly be topped?

Well, just wait til you hear what creator Mike Kelley just told us exclusively about what he plans for seasons two and three. Hint: It's brilliant. And we are so in!

Kelley also just gave us heaps of scoop about what's ahead for the current season for Daniel (Joshua Bowman), Emily (Emily VanCamp) and the rest of the Hamptonites, including how he nearly almost killed off Daniel last week (for shame!), and he's planning an episode that takes place entirely in 2003!

Read on for all the exclusive scoop...

Was it always your plan for Tyler (Ashton Holmes) to be the person killed on the beach or were you considering killing Daniel?
It was planned from the beginning, that was always who I had planned on. We didn't introduce Tyler until episode three, but I had pitched that out to the network as the guy that would be the body on the beach from the beginning. As we got into the run of the episodes we really, really liked him, the actor and the character, and he provided so much story that there were moments where I considered it not being Tyler as the dead person. In those moments when I was mad at Daniel, not the actor, but the character and I thought, "Well, maybe I'll put him on the beach." We went back and forth a couple times, but really that was the plan from the beginning.

People still have a lot of questions about what exactly went down on the beach. When can we expect to find out what happened?
You'll actually find that out in episode 16. You will have all the answers to all your questions in 16, which is the episode after the party on the beach.

So we'll also learn what happened to Amanda, who was taken away by Takeda at the end of the episode?
You won't learn exactly what happens to Amanda until the end of the season.

Will her disappearance play a large part of Jack's (Nick Wechsler) storyline moving forward?
Yes, it will be a part of Jack's story. What we're doing in episode 18 will service a lot of these questions through 17 and then we're bouncing to the holidays in the Hamptons. In episode 18 we're playing through the winter and the off-season in the resort town, which is very spooky and cool and snowy.

The first half of the season was driving towards the Fire and Ice party. Is it safe to say the second half is going to be the conclusion of the murder trial in the finale?
You know what? We resolve that way before we get to the end of the season and where this is really driving is towards, oh boy, I always struggle with what to give away. It's all heading towards the larger reason that Emily came back to the Hamptons. We're getting away from the murder on the beach and by the time we get to the end of the season we're going to be in the larger mythology.

Going forward, are we going to see more of the traditional stand-alone takedown episodes?
We are not going to see the traditional take-down episode as we did until the end of this season. The idea of the stand-alone takedown is what is going to help us sustain the series as we move out of season one and into the future seasons. We love that the show lives in a bunch of different places and we love that there is so many different kinds of episodes of Revenge. You've got a romantic triangle, you've got the individual takedowns, you've got the deep mythology of the show, the past stories to tell. We're doing an aberrant episode in episode 20, which is it all takes place in 2003 and so we're really broadening the canvas and I think that is really what is going to help us sustain.

A flashback episode set in 2003? Tell us more!
We're going to open up in 2003, it's all surrounding that photograph that was in Lydia's (Amber Valletta) apartment that had Emily in the background with champagne at a New Year's Eve party. It's all about that weekend and we're not setting it up; we're just basically doing an episode of Revenge in 2003. It's really fun.

So we'll be seeing Lydia again?
You should expect to see her, yes. You will see her in the present coming up as well.

Looking ahead, is there anything you are hoping to do in season two?
Well, you know how we opened up season one with the engagement party? I can tell you that season two we are looking at opening with a flash forward to a wedding, to Emily's wedding we just don't know to who. Well, I know who, but you don't. And then season three we're talking about opening the flash forward at a funeral and you don't know who that is either. So we like the idea of showing a glimpse into the future and then building towards it. So those are kind of corners of seasons two and three.

So will the flash forwards always be revealed around episode 13 or 15?
Yup. It seems to work for us, so we're going to try. I like delivering on a promise in the opening of the show and I just don't want to people to wonder whether or not that happened. I want them to feel like they're in good hands.

Can fans expect to see another big death this season?
They can. The answer is yes and it's going to be surprising.

Revenge airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...#ixzz1ndY3fS1l

Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #123
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Badass Asian guy don't play.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #124
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Another amazing episode! And glad to know that they are already thinking of future seasons.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #125
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

edit