The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Who should be in the villain in the Captain America sequel? I
Baron Zemo 71 71.00%
Crossbones 9 9.00%
Sin 2 2.00%
The Secret Empire 1 1.00%
Doctor Faustus 2 2.00%
Batroc 1 1.00%
Flag Smasher 0 0%
The Serpent Society 0 0%
Other 14 14.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #26
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Who should be in the villain in the Captain America sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Sure. But given that the MFU has reinvented HYDRA for the WWII era, it seems obvious that a modern incarnation of the terrorist group is bound to attract the utmost attention of the guy who made his career fighting these guys back in the 40s.
actually if im not mistaken.. the comic universe retconned hydra into wwII a long time ago..the organization predates WWI actually... its a very old organization

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #27
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

If they end up going between present day and more of Cap's WWII adventures, they could have him fight two generations of Baron Zemo.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
spider13
Side-Kick

I have no idea what any of these people look like sombody mind putting up some pics of these people.

spider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #29
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

google is your friend

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #30
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

So... we're all agreed then, Two Generations of Zemo? Maybe Winter Soldier or Crossbones as the henchman?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #31
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

I really want to see Faustus & Batroc in the sequel. Since Bucky's return as the Winter Soldier is inevitable it should be introduced as a part of Red Skull's final plan or something like that. Let em leave Arnim Zola for a threequel.

I think, that Doc Faustus is an interesting villain, because his psychological mind tricks are really spectacular & that is exactly what we need, when Steve Rogers is blaming himself for Bucky's death & when he's trying to fit in the world of 21st century. That's exactly, what the sequel needs!

I mean, it worked in the early issues of Kirby's Cap, so I totally wouldn't mind to see some mind games between Cap & Faustus unleashed on the big screen (especially that particular page, where Faustus made Steve believe, that he's an old man with a bunch of hallucinations: pics included).

Now, if Faustus is a big psychological threat for Cap, then we need some physical threats as well. And here's where Batroc should be introduced. They should change nothing about Batroc's comic history (a very, very skilled mercenary without superhuman abilities from France).

With Bucky they can change some stuff. Like, if in Brubaker's run it's only Karpov, Lukin & USSR secret division, that took part in his mind changing process, then here you can also add Zola's past experiments.

Then again, I don't want Cap 2 to have too many villains, y'know, but I don't want to see too much resemblance to the first movie in the choice of the villains.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #32
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

by georges i vot batroc

Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #33
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I think Crossbones is a better choice than Batroc for that same niche.

I wouldn't mind a Faustus storyline but it would be tough to find a director that could do it well and still sell it as a big summer movie. Not that it can't be done, it would just be tough.

I still think Zemo is the 800 lbs gorilla in the room as far as villains go, with Crossbones right behind him. Winter Soldier is almost a given at this point if the movies get made. Zola is also a possible given. If you include the Red Skull again then it almost starts getting overcrowded to dip much further down the rogue gallery.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
ztroiani

Would like to see Viper.Would Cap hit, or even kill,a woman?I think that in his mindset,he had problems even talking to women, gentlemen just didn't do that.Viper on the other hand,would have no moral issues about doing in Cap.Interesting conflict there.Sin would be nasty,she is the Skull's daughter,I believe.Baron Zemo for sure.Let's really mix it up and have The Hate Monger himself,Adolf Hitler!And don't forget that Zola has the robot[?] body that his mind transports to when the current one is destroyed.Depends on whether they want to keep it real or shoot the works!

ztroiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #35
Chris B
Side-Kick

Zemo is the natural choice. I'd agree with saving the Red Skull's return for the third film.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #36
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Some Spoilers ahead!!

Most of Captain America's enemies in the comics are connected in some way to enemies he had during WWII. Baron Zemo, Armin Zola, Red Skull, Hate Monger, Baron Blood, Strucker, etc.
But Captain America never fought these guys (besides the Red Skull and Zola) in the movies and it was shown he wouldn't have had time really. Unless they do flash backs and show at one of Hydras bases he met and fought someone like Baron Zemo, which is a possibility.
But they could also make them modern bad guys with no connection to Captain America before he was unfrozen, or no connection to the War either. Baron Zemo could be a young man from here and now. Maybe his father was the original Baron Zemo during WWII but had no connection at all to Captain America.

SPOILER!!!

So this is the spoiler here:
In the first movie the Red Skull was seemingly destroyed by the Cosmic Cube. But When it happened you could also see the Asgardian galaxy in the sky. And because of the Thor movie secret ending we know that SHIELD has the Cosmic Cube and that Loki has access to it too.
So my thinking is this:
Somehow the Red Skull is freed in modern times, like Captain America was. Only Red Skull wasn't frozen in ice like Captain America, he was in limbo for over 70 years inside the cube or because of the cube. Maybe Loki frees him, or maybe SHIELD accidentally frees him while messing with the cube.
While the Avengers movies will deal with Loki and the Skrulls and other threats, in his own movies Captain America can deal with the Red Skull.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #37
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Nah .
Give me Zemo.
He survived WWII as well.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #38
BobbyCorwin88

Wow. I can honestly say I don't know any of those villains. I think I'm more familiar with Cap in the Avengers than within his own continuity. I have some work to do.

BobbyCorwin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #39
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i'd honestly save Viper for the inevitable Nick Fury/SHIELD movie.. i mean... who else are they going to fight besides Viper and Hydra?
Skrulls. Lots of Skrulls.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #40
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I chose "Other" in the poll because I really want to see Cap fight a resurgent Hydra in the sequel. Although he crushed them in CA:TFA, they could have spent the last 70 years refining their technology and trying to either reclaim the Tesseract or create a new one from scratch. The last thing anyone with a brain would want is for Hydra to get their hands on another Cube, so the battle lines would be drawn.

Of course, Marvel may decide to go with another adventure set during WWII with the Howlers, which is something I would love to see. Then Baron Zemo might be a logical choice for the villain. That would give the people jonesing for some swastikas their dream come true.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #41
howler
Side-Kick

Ok.....Cap 2.

First fifteen minutes is on the eve of D Day. Cap, Bucky, and the Howlers are stopping Heinrich Zemo from launching a nerve gas rocket that would wipe out the invasion force. Heinrich is killed by Cap.

Fast forward to the present day. Heinrich's grandson Helmut is now a U.S. senator(with an assumed name) with Presidential aspirations and running a new third party. The third party has links with dangerously far right groups such as the "thunderbolts"(or perhaps the "watchdogs"). The country is intoxicated by Zemo but only Cap sees through the facade. Throw crossbones in as an agent of Zemo.

howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #42
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Mark Strong as Baron Zemo

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #43
steintym
Stay Frosty

Got to be Zemo or the Red Skull. Although I agree with others that the Red Skull might be better off left for a Part 3.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #44
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I vote for seeing Zemo as the main villain in Captain America 2 as well.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #45
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Til Schweiger for Zemo.

cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #46
Juha
Maybe I should retire

Madame Hydra and Grim Reaper as her henchman! If they are going to introduce MODOK and AIM...well in that case I would like to see a power struggle between AIM and HYDRA. Maybe Madame Hydra as a double agent. Working for AIM but secretly planning the rise of COBRA...ummm I mean HYDRA. HAIL HYDRA!

Last edited by Juha; 08-30-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Juha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #47
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I think Zemo would be the best choice. But I'd be A-OK if the writer uses MODOK & AIM like he says he wants to do eventually.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #48
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The villain should be Armadillo!!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #49
Savage
Earth Rocker

I'm definitely a fan of pitting the two Zemos against Cap in different time periods. I can even see Von Strucker being thrown in there. Maybe Wolfgang during WWII and Viper during modern times. Fight the parents during WWII and their offspring in the present.

I can see Zola being the main threat in the second movie and devising a way to bring Red Skull back from whatever dimension he's stuck in (same effect as the birfrost bridge when he supposedly died).

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #50
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I guess Zola will work with Zemo in the second movie, probably with both Zemos, grandfather and grandson

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote