The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #26
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Default Re: Anybody remember milestone comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I think Milestone is stuck with DC for a long time. Without McDuffie, there is just very little appeal for the Milestone characters to other publishers. And even when McDuffie was alive, the only publisher that showed interest was DC (the last publisher of resort for him).
They could be stuck with DC...I don't know the details of the deal. I can't say no other publisher was interested, I've heard a deal with Darkhorse almost happened though I don 't know if that's true.

Quote:
Also, unlike the Red Circle characters, the Milestone Universe has been integrated into the DC Universe with some pretty big ramifications for both Milestone and DC continuity.
Definitely don't agree with this. They are doing nothing with the Milestone characters except Static (which is the only one they wanted in the first place).

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
They could be stuck with DC...I don't know the details of the deal. I can't say no other publisher was interested, I've heard a deal with Darkhorse almost happened though I don 't know if that's true.
There were talks with Dark Horse, but it seems unlikely that it almost happened considering that DC was the last place that McDuffie wanted to go to.

Quote:
Definitely don't agree with this. They are doing nothing with the Milestone characters except Static (which is the only one they wanted in the first place).
The Shadow Cabinet is a part of Stormwatch. And there were ramifications within the Milestone and DC Universes. An entire JLA arc was devoted to the merging of the two universes and Milestone Forever was about the end of Milestone as a separate universe.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #28
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The Shadow Cabinet is a part of Stormwatch. And there were ramifications within the Milestone and DC Universes. An entire JLA arc was devoted to the merging of the two universes and Milestone Forever was about the end of Milestone as a separate universe.
Has it been stated somewhere that the "shadow cabinet" in Stormwatch is related to the Milestone universe Shadow Cabinet?

As far as the merging thing...it's not like that couldn't be ignored if Milestone was to actually go someplace else, these are just comics after all. Not to mention that merger happened before the reboot.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #29
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Has it been stated somewhere that the "shadow cabinet" in Stormwatch is related to the Milestone universe Shadow Cabinet?

As far as the merging thing...it's not like that couldn't be ignored if Milestone was to actually go someplace else, these are just comics after all. Not to mention that merger happened before the reboot.
While the events of World's Collide may not be in continuity anymore the effects still are. Pandora merged New Earth, which was technically New Earth + Milestone, with Earth-13 and Earth-51. The fact that Static and other Milestone characters still exist in the post-Flashpoint DCU shows that the effects of the merging are still in effect.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

http://kanjitsu.deviantart.com/#/d52y79f

Old 03-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #31
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

http://fav.me/d79qudr

Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #32
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Man, Milestone was great. I wish they'd stayed their own universe, instead of folding into the DCU.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #33
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

MAN OH MAN!! DID I LOVE SOME MILESTONE especially this DUDE...

HARDWARE!

i always think of the scene in the book where the parrot kept bashing his head against its cage trying to be free!.. trust me the symbolism wasnt lost on me! i freaking loved Hardware was working and sabotaging the dude who also was his arch enemy after he had stole his designs for himself to get rich ( that was some deep ass %^& going on!)
Those books were freaking awesome!
The world got a bit darker after they all were cancelled!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #34
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm pissed we never found out what DMZ's deal was in Blood Syndicate.