The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 05-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Default Re: PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

With easy access co-op, Peace Walker would be my favorite game of all time. I had no problems with the controls, I thought they were nearly perfect. I can't wait to get it on PS3.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #27
Havok83
Side-Kick

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/23...rophy-support/

No trophies. That sucks. Id rather have trophies over sharing save data with the PSP

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #28
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Ugh, I'd thought that this would happen because of the sharing saves. This puts a downer on the whole thing :

Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #29
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Well, that sucks.
Trophies are one of the best things about the PS3. It adds a lot of replay value, to me.

Jick09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #30
Donut
Side-Kick

What is so special about trophies & achievements ? I am neither a trophy or achievement whore so this does not bother me

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

It boosts the online community, having members comparing the trophies, ranks and sharing their experiences on particular tasks that were required to get the trophy.
It helps the members working together to get the hardest trophies. We can see dedicated web pages specifically for that.

It adds to the replayability, making you play longer to complete specific tasks that you normally wouldn't do, giving only more reason to play it, spending more hours with the games, increasing the experience.
If it wasn't for this, I probably wouldn't have bothered, for example, with finding all the relics on the Uncharted games, thus not fully exploring all the possibilities the scenary gave me, or missing some amazing fights while doing the MK Ladder on the hardest difficulty without dying or finding secret characters. Or simply to replay the game to get what we previously missed.

Personally, I love seeing the icon in the top of the screen whenever I get a trophy, I feel acomplished. It is satisfying to me.

Fortunately, I learned to like it, but if one simply didn't learn to care for that, then there's not much that can be done.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #32
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
What is so special about trophies & achievements ? I am neither a trophy or achievement whore so this does not bother me
Trophies can be fun, and pointless at the same time. Getting a trophy for simply completing a level seems worthless, but getting a trophy for a 100 head shots is pretty cool.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Trophies also sell games. People do buy games just to get trophies in them and it gives people incentive to try titles they might otherwise not have tried. Bad move on Sony's part for ruling these out

Old 05-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #34
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

I generally look at achievements and trophies like any other collectible in a game. I mean, yeah, you may not get stuff to look at like alt. costumes or concept art, but really, what do you really do with any of that stuff when all is said and done?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
God of War Collection - GoW, 1 and 2
Prince of Persia Trilogy - Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Tomb Raider Collection - Legend Anniversary, Underworld (PS3)
The Sly Collection - Sly 1-3
Splinter Cell Trilogy - Splinter Cell, Pandorra's Tomorrow, Chaos Theory (PC version) ; Comes out next month
Team Ico Collection - Ico, Shadow of Colossus (future release)
Not a bad list. Thanks for the info.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #36
Benstamania
Shot first.

The "no trophies" thing is pretty lame... But it won't stop me from buying them.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
Nathan

If Final Fantasy Dissidia doesn't find it's way as a HD remastered version on the PS3, someone is going to get a serious kick in the nuts.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #38
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I would love to see Colosseum: Road To Freedom remastered for PS3.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #39
Havok83
Side-Kick

Well we can add 3 new ones to the list

Metal Gear Collection
Silent Hill Collection
Zone of Enders Collection

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/14348.html

Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #40
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
If Final Fantasy Dissidia doesn't find it's way as a HD remastered version on the PS3, someone is going to get a serious kick in the nuts.
if it gets me my 7 remake, i'm all for it

i know i'm kidding myself but i wont let go

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #41
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I don't think it is really unlikely. They've done so much with FF7, from spin-off to movie, that I think when the franchise gets stale and uninteresting, they might just do that. Maybe even before.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #42
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

I've never understood this obsession some people have over remaking FFVII. I don't really see any need to do it at all. I mean, yeah, it was a good game and all, but goddamn, cut the cord.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #43
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

FF7 is my favorite game. So I do want a remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #44
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Why? I mean, I understand it being your favorite game and all, but I assume you can still play it on the PS1 or download it from the PSN. I just don't see any need to remake a full game like that for no real reason.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #45
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Well I don't know what games do qualify for a remake then. I can argue that all remakes and updates are unnecessary. Ocarina of Time for instance is just as old as FF7. Same with MGS1, and some are older (Street Fighter 2). These games all got remakes. FF7 is just one of a number if games that might as well get a remake.

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #46
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Well I don't know what games do qualify for a remake then. I can argue that all remakes and updates are unnecessary. Ocarina of Time for instance is just as old as FF7. Same with MGS1, and some are older (Street Fighter 2). These games all got remakes. FF7 is just one of a number if games that might as well get a remake.
Well, yeah, I'm not really arguing against that. A lot of those were pretty unnecessary, too (Twin Snakes and OOT, especially so). I can kind of see the logic behind SFII, since it's much older than the others and came out at a time before online play. Obviously, the bottom line is money, but I've never really understood why people want it so much.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #47
Nathan

Simple. Enjoying your favorite game with today's technology. FFVII was great. Now imagine FFVII looking similar to Advent Children with a revamped and more engaging battle system.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #48
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Its just the nature of fans and people who wont let go. It could also be the convience of having these games available on current systems, instead of having to pull out the old N64s and PS2s to play these games. Maybe the people just love the games but want modern graphics and gameplay. I dunno why everyone else wants a new FF7. Me? I loved it. Its my favorite game. I wanna see what improvements SquareEnix can make with this title. I never really get tired of playing this game, but nothing chances on the 10th, 20th playthrough, though if they could at least put a fresh coat of paint on it, I'll happily go through FF7 for another umptenth time.

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #49
Havok83
Side-Kick

I missed out on the FFVII boat when it originally came out. Id love to experience it but Ive tried and the game is just too archaic by today's for me to enjoy it. A remake would allow me to play the game and introduce it to a new generation of gamers.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #50
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Eh, to each their own and all, but I still don't see any need to it. MGS3 is probably my favorite game, but I don't really see any need to remake it completely from scratch for the PS3/360, or for the next generation, or the one after that.

Quote: