The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #51
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename Sailor V View Post
Eh, to each their own and all, but I still don't see any need to it. MGS3 is probably my favorite game, but I don't really see any need to remake it completely from scratch for the PS3/360, or for the next generation, or the one after that.
MGS3 unlike FFVII still holds up incredibly well, both from a visual and gameplay standpoint

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #52
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

That's just not much of a reason for me, in the end. Then you'd have to go back and remake all the other titles from scratch because they're too old for today's generation of gamers. If they were going to do that, I'd prefer them keep it on the handhelds like they were doing. Much cheaper way of going about it, and gives budget and resources for newer things.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 06-03-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #53
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Actually, I was hoping for FF7 to be remade for the PSP. That didn't happen, so then I hoped for an iPod update. Now a 3DS update. A lot of people are expecting a FF7 Advent Children-looking game with FF13's (urrhhh...) gameplay. But really, the time it would take to pull that off with an old FF, they could have just made and completed the next FF...

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #54
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's just not much of a reason for me, in the end. Then you'd have to go back and remake all the other titles from scratch because they're too old for today's generation of gamers. If they were going to do that, I'd prefer them keep it on the handhelds like they were doing. Much cheaper way of going about it, and gives budget and resources for newer things.
theres no reason why they cant make it for the handhelds. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII at least showed us a glimpse of what the FFVII characters and universe would look like had a remake been made

Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #55
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Ico HD Collection.

http://kotaku.com/5808145/hd-version...colossus-dated

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #56
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
When it comes over here I really hope it ships on one disc. There's no reason why it should be on two in 2 seperate cases

Anyone have an idea why SH4 isnt in the SH collection?

Last edited by Havok83; 06-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #57
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Why? I mean, I understand it being your favorite game and all, but I assume you can still play it on the PS1 or download it from the PSN. I just don't see any need to remake a full game like that for no real reason.
i play on my psp, i've tried playing in on the ps3 but the visuals and graphics get tore up badly on modern hd tv's, but personally i want a remake as its my favourite game. it was the first rpg( i had played stuff like zelda but sorry that is not an rpg) i ever played and it took me by huge surprise the story and game just seemed epic.

otherwise i feel that with the power of todays consoles the visual would be stunning and they can fix all the problems with the Japanese to English translations, tweaking the story to how it was intended. also with the extreme decline in the FF series getting it back to when it had such a following would not be a bad thing. i mean most of the other classic FF's have been remade

i mean if the fans can do stuff like that for the pc version i don't see why the company that made it can't

plus much like KH square has cocked teased the fans with it so much most of us just want a yes or no answer on the remake

and thats enough of my thread jacking

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter

Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; 06-03-2011 at 03:53 PM.
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #58
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
When it comes over here I really hope it ships on one disc. There's no reason why it should be on two in 2 seperate cases

Anyone have an idea why SH4 isnt in the SH collection?
SH4 is the black sheep of the SH family. It was pretty poorly received and is said to be one of the reasons the original team split up. If you want to get to the guts of it, a lot of people will even argue it's not a true SH game at all, because it was originally suppose to be a standalone title that was altered to be a SH game when Konami taught it wasn't good enough to stand on its own (or so the rumor goes). Not many people care about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
i play on my psp, i've tried playing in on the ps3 but the visuals and graphics get tore up badly on modern hd tv's, but personally i want a remake as its my favourite game. it was the first rpg( i had played stuff like zelda but sorry that is not an rpg) i ever played and it took me by huge surprise the story and game just seemed epic.

otherwise i feel that with the power of todays consoles the visual would be stunning and they can fix all the problems with the Japanese to English translations, tweaking the story to how it was intended. also with the extreme decline in the FF series getting it back to when it had such a following would not be a bad thing. i mean most of the other classic FF's have been remade

i mean if the fans can do stuff like that for the pc version i don't see why the company that made it can't

plus much like KH square has cocked teased the fans with it so much most of us just want a yes or no answer on the remake

and thats enough of my thread jacking
Eh, well, like I said beforehand, to each his own and all. I guess a lot of it also comes down to me not having the same amount of love for the game to begin with. I was lucky enough to play FFVI (which, in the States, was FFIII), so I FFVII wasn't quite as amazing to me. But, hey, even if there's not a full PS3/360 remake, I'll sure they'll continue those remakes on handhelds and get to VII eventually. And with the power behind the 3DS and NGP, it'll still be a major upgrade.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #59
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
Actually, I was hoping for FF7 to be remade for the PSP. That didn't happen, so then I hoped for an iPod update. Now a 3DS update. A lot of people are expecting a FF7 Advent Children-looking game with FF13's (urrhhh...) gameplay.
Ugh, I'd rather have something like Dissidia's gameplay, that pretty much simulates Advent Children battles, or something like Versus XIII seems to offer.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #60
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Final Fantasy VII with Kingdom Hearts gameplay. I HATED XIII's gameplay... I know a lot of people loved it but I disposed it. Vs XIII seems to have Kingdom Hearts gameplay.. So... Why not?

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #61
Havok83
Side-Kick

FFXIII gameplay was awful. It turned the once strategic and fun gameplay of the series into a pure button masher. I just saw there constantly hitting X and switching paradigms when it was time to heal.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #62
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

I never finished XIII, because of that. Hitting X all the time was just too boring to me. There are better games out there to occupy my time, so I moved on to those.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #63
Nathan

I forced myself to finish it...

Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #64
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

I just want a FF7 remake with FF7's gameplay. Glam up the graphics all ya want, add voice-acting, redo the music if ya must, but please just keep the gameplay the same. None of the other FF remakes needed different gameplay.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #65
Nathan

I always thought the combat needed to evolve and was glad when it did in FFXII. I just need a bit more action and need to be more involved in the combat, than just going through the menu.

I want to be able to pull off all the over the top crazy moves that Final Fantasy has come to get known for since Advent Children.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #66
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

To each there own. Its only natural we all have our own ideas what a FF7 remake would offer. Personally, I hated Advent Children because of the over-the-top miles high in the sky almost DBZ-esque combat.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #67
Nathan

Quote:
Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase mentioned that he is interested to bring classic PSP titles like Crisis Core FFVII to PS3 under Sony's PSP Remaster series, but nothing has been confirmed because the team is focusing on FF Type-0 and FF XIII-2 development.
Source

What about Dissidia?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #68
Havok83
Side-Kick

Who gives a damn about FF XIII-2. Id just cancel that right now and focus on bringing the better FF games to the PS3....lol

I compltely forgot about FF Type-0. When is that supposed to come out anyway? It'll probably come out after the PSV is released.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #69
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Who gives a damn about FF XIII-2. Id just cancel that right now and focus on bringing the better FF games to the PS3....lol

I compltely forgot about FF Type-0. When is that supposed to come out anyway? It'll probably come out after the PSV is released.
Right here. I don't really get most of the bile XIII got, really. It had some pretty heavy flaws, but nothing that was broken enough that it couldn't be refined or improved. The story and characters were interesting enough that I could probably go for another installment of their story. It's unnecessary, sure, but so was X-2, but that ended up being my second favorite of the series. And it's no less necessary that any remake or sequel to any other of the FF games.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #70
Nathan

XIII was ultimately boring to play and about having enough patience to sit through those 40+ grueling hours till the end credits finally rolled. They stripped the game of pretty much everything that made past games fun. Even handed you a story that was pretty effed up even for FF standards and let you run and run and run with barely any detours, and the only free roam area is not the least bit interesting to explore.

The most fun I had with XIII so far, is using Lightning in Dissidia Duodecim.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #71
Soapy
It's happening again...

The most fun I had with XIII was flipping back and forth through the characters in the menu, watching the animations in the background.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #72
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
XIII was ultimately boring to play and about having enough patience to sit through those 40+ grueling hours till the end credits finally rolled. They stripped the game of pretty much everything that made past games fun. Even handed you a story that was pretty effed up even for FF standards and let you run and run and run with barely any detours, and the only free roam area is not the least bit interesting to explore.

The most fun I had with XIII so far, is using Lightning in Dissidia Duodecim.
Nah, it wasn't that bad to me. It didn't strip away much of anything that made the previous games fun for me,either.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #73
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

My favorite FFXIII moment was both returning it to Gamestop, and learning from the cashier that a lot of people had been selling their copies that week.

But who the hell asked me

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #74
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

No one

Nah, I know I'm in the minority (at least around these parts), but I just did not think it was that awful and most of the complaints leveled towards it were complaints you could easily level at damn near any of the games. All I really need for a FF game is a good story and enjoyable gameplay system. XIII delivered both of those. I totally recognize their were other flaws that needed to be addressed (the pace, especially), but really, the vile it gets seems damn near silly to me.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #75
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right here. I don't really get most of the bile XIII got, really. It had some pretty heavy flaws, but nothing that was broken enough that it couldn't be refined or improved. The story and characters were interesting enough that I could probably go for another installment of their story. It's unnecessary, sure, but so was X-2, but that ended up being my second favorite of the series. And it's no less necessary that any remake or sequel to any other of the FF games.
I just found XIII so unappealing. Boring world, lame gameplay, uninspired story, characters I dont care to revisit, etc... I wish Square-Enix would focus their energy on other projects rather than revisiting XIII. Id have alot more interest in a PS3 remaster of the PSP or the PS2 FF games instead of more FFXIII.