The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #76
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Who is going to go to Midnight Openings?

Awesome!! Enjoy the movie!

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #77
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
pretty packed.

I got up to go grab ab X-Men cup that they advertised (but didn't have) and when I came back my seat was taken. Lol.

I moved up a little closer (I like sitting close at movies anyways) and 3 minutes til start time (that will probably be delayed another 15, haha)
Where are you watching?

Sweet Xstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #78
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I'll be there midnight but may not stay for the whole film. Why watch it all in one sitting??? Me and some friends will duck out halfway through and go again the next night to watch the rest of the film. That way, it's an all day event and not just 131 minutes of fun.

Yes, I know we're weird.
Just did ^that^ and I gotta say I'm a bit stunned right now. I absolutely love the first 45 minutes or so of this movie. I wanted to pop out earlier but just couldn't leave. This is the longest "preview" me and my friends have ever stayed for. I feel sorry for people seeing this the conventional way. I still get to enjoy 60% more later today. Now, we can meet, discuss what we saw and what we think will happen during the rest of the film. This is the only way to do an event film. Seriously!

Good crowds as well. Four showings going with two more for any run off crowds. Two big theatre showings were jammed packed.

Can't wait to pay to see it again later today!!!!

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #79
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

44 minutes to go.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #80
Blackman
C'mon Son

Just got back from my midnight showing

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #81
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Best decision of my life. This movie is beyond epic.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #82
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

How many people in you guys showing?

Sweet Xstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #83
JP
Smelly

Just got back from my midnight showing... which followed my 9pm pre-screening. Yeah, I saw it twice.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #84
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Stupid Vancouver doesn't have stupid midnight screenings for stupid X-men: First Class.

I hate Stupid vancouver.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #85
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Xstacy View Post
How many people in you guys showing?

I just got back. They had three showings , two of which were sold out earlier , and several people heading into the third screen. This is a good sized theater. I really wasn't expecting such a large crowd.

bullets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #86
Marginal Man
Side-Kick

I went in to this excited by the positive reviews and enjoyable character clips but I wasn't impressed by this movie at all. From the beginning I knew something was wrong when young Erik delivered a Darth Vader Revenge of the Sith style "NEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIN!" and the young Charles lets a mutant stray cat in like the whole thing was no big deal. From there we got like 20 location jumps for the first half of the movie instead of real character development. Havok was unmemorable aside from his power struggles, Darwin and Angel II had some surprisingly good acting talent wasted on D-list characters no one cares about, and the actress that played Mystique annoyed the hell out of me. All of the villains were pathetic and reminded me of Wolverine Origins at best and Austin Powers at worst. Azazel and Riptide are not even likable throwaway characters in the comics but Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost overall seemed too different from their comic book counterparts. I hated the way the code-names were created although I think it may have just been my biased against anything said by Mystique. Now that isn't to say this movie was all bad. I truly enjoyed Professor X and Magneto. Sure they had some clunky dialogue here and there but they said so much more with their eyes and facial expressions. The scene where Charles is crippled actually did hit me emotionally and it did seem truly tragic. Moira, Beast, Banshee, and the MIB all did a great job with the little they were given and I also enjoyed every government agent actor. I feel like overall this left me with the same feeling X3 and Wolverine did...cheated.

Marginal Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #87
bullets
bang bang

This isn't the review thread.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #88
SPider-T0rch
Still here

As soon as the end credits started, some guy decided to be a stupid troll and called everyone "retarded' for staying since he read on the internet that there was no extra scene at the end.....and he stayed until the very end just to troll even more.

What a waste of space. I never knew trolls ventured outside.

Aside from that, the midnight experience was great as I usually expect it to be. The only thing I didn't like was the use of some of the characters like "Angel" and Darwin. It's a shame because there could have been better characters to take their place.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #89
chaseter
Bland User

My theater clapped, cheered, laughed, gasped, etc...pretty good crowd. I just pretty much sat there the entire time with my mouth opened and my eyes as wide as a deer in headlights!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #90
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
My theater clapped, cheered, laughed, gasped, etc...pretty good crowd. I just pretty much sat there the entire time with my mouth opened and my eyes as wide as a deer in headlights!

I saw it with a good crowd too. Some people were yelling out when they recognized a cameo. One guy incorrectly yelled "this is how he gets paralyzed" during the island crash. What's funny is the guy next to me explained to his gf that Xmen was starting over just like Batman Begins and this was a reboot. ah well.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #91
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

The theater was pretty full for my midnight viewing. Thank God for after-credit scenes. When the movie was over, almost everyone stuck around anticipating an after-credit scene....which gave me and my friend the perfect opportunity to quickly exit the theater since I was well aware there are no post-credit scenes.

*smile*

ThanosOfTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #92
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

It was the perfect midnight crowd.

Not too jammed, wasn't entirely sold out, but it was still a full house; around 75% capacity.

I saw it at a Cinemark XD theater, with a huge wall-to-wall screen, almost like an IMAX. Crisp picture, perfect sound, nice reclining, fresh, seats. Just awesome. Had a great mix of comic nerds and ordinary people. Of course you had a few nuts who decided to walk in shirtless with 'X''s spray painted on their chests!

Trailers on my print (in order):

-Green Lantern (#3)
-Immortals
-Mr. Popper's Penguins
-Transformers: Dark of the Moon (#2)
-Real Steel (#2)
-Rise of the Planet of the Apes (#2)

I don't care what anyone says, but Real Steel, the most recent trailer, looks really awesome.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #93
Groovetopia
That one over there

Saw it last night at 12:01. I rushed to the theater because I thought it was going to be crowded, got there around 11:20 and there were only 3 people there. By the time the movie started it was about 25 people there.

Groovetopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #94
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I went to the 12:10 showing.

I walked in around 11:00 and there were about a dozen people inside. As I said, by the time the movie started, I guess there were a good 300 people in there..

Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #95
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Just got back from my midnight showing... which followed my 9pm pre-screening. Yeah, I saw it twice.
I saw it at 10:30 this morning, I'm still at the mall (I'm on my iPad at the food court) and I'm seriously thinking about seeing it again before heading home. It was that good.

Btw, my morning crowd (and yes, there was a crowd!) seemed to love it. The cameo got a huge response - my dad didn't know about it and nearly fell of his chair laughing, and everyone cheered at the end.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #96
Holiday
'Bout that action

Caught the midnight showing and had a good time overall. I'm thankful I enjoyed the movie as much as I did because it saved the night for me.

Two chicks and a dude who sat behind me damn near did a running commentary on the movie. They yapped on about everything from Hank's eventual transformation into Beast, when would Xavier become paralyzed, the connections to the previous films and the size of the damn furniture.

Later, a friend of mine sitting next to me laughed so hard right into my ear when Wolverine popped up on the screen I nearly missed his line. Best cameo ever though, bee tee double-u.

Wasn't too many people in the theater, maybe 50-60, which is about what I'd expect for the area.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #97
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Did I mention I'm pi**ed that none of the Vancouver theatres were playing this at midnight?

"Best Place to Live in 2011" my a**

Ok I'm done I'm seeing this tonite.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #98
littyx
Side-Kick

Lucas Till was in my screening! I went to the 12:10am showing in Glendale CA (which is in LA) and I decided to change my 12:06 ticket to the 12:10 showing (since it was less packed) and at the end of the film everyone was stuck outside our theatre. I got incredibly annoyed, until I saw everyone taking pictures with Havok, who was watching the film in our theatre. It was pretty surreal. He's short! And had plenty of girls following him already after the film.

*Enter oppressed community of your choice here.
littyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #99
JP
Smelly

Awesome!

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #100
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Awww, LA is awesome..

edit: WOW, 10/10 for XMFC for you, JP?