The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Knight Rise
Banned User

Default Re: The Joker in the next Batman films

Well IMO you can run out of things to do with Heaths Joker. He enjoyed blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people. Okay, but how will that seperate from any psychotic killers, past or future? Open it up to the more dark humorus wild side of the Joker that could conjur these creative plans, combine it with a realistic Joker, and I would enjoy it. That's just one thing I didnt like about TDK Joker: there were do many different things you could've done with him

Old 07-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #27
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

How many serial killers do you know of who cut smiles on their victims faces, paint clown make up on them and pin Joker cards to their bodies?

- The Joker
Old 07-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #28
Knight Rise
Banned User

Well none, but it is possible to expand beyond that

Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #29
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rise View Post
Well IMO you can run out of things to do with Heaths Joker. He enjoyed blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people. Okay, but how will that seperate from any psychotic killers, past or future? Open it up to the more dark humorus wild side of the Joker that could conjur these creative plans, combine it with a realistic Joker, and I would enjoy it. That's just one thing I didnt like about TDK Joker: there were do many different things you could've done with him
So which one is it?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #30
Knight Rise
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
So which one is it?
Lol I meant in the first one there were limits set in the film on what he did: cut people and blow things up

Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
I think you're missing the point of Heath Ledger's Joker in TDK. He's not just "blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people", he's assaulting law & order and even the concept of morality (and the belief in it) itself. He is the antithesis of Batman, trying to destroy what he upholds. This Joker has plenty of the dark humorous side, in fact he revels in it. He doesn't really jokes, he exposes the one he perceives society to be. It was this depth that is why The Dark Knight transcended audiences' preconceptions of the genre, and why many people think it was the best superhero movie of all time, and why Ledger's Joker is also considered the best comic book movie villain of all time. I think your criticism applies much more to Mark Hamill's Joker, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
How many serial killers do you know of who cut smiles on their victims faces, paint clown make up on them and pin Joker cards to their bodies?
Exactly. More than that, Heath Ledger's Joker is somehow similar, yet the antithesis of Christian Bale's Batman. Remember the description of him in the teaser trailer?
Alfred Pennyworth: "Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with."
Is it just me or could this apply to Batman's pursuit of the abstract concepts of justice and order nearly as well as the Joker's pursuit of the abstract concepts of anarchy and chaos?

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #32
The Bat
Jim Lee Fanatic

Well, physically...nobody looks more like the Joker than Adrien Brody. Doesn't hurt that he can act as well.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm974228480/nm0004778

Old 07-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #33
Knight Rise
Banned User

Joker isn't just a physical role. It's part of it, but look at Heath and that outcome

Old 07-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #34
The Bat
Jim Lee Fanatic

Quote:
Joker isn't just a physical role. It's part of it, but look at Heath and that outcome
No argument there, Heath owned the role...but the show must go as they say. And Brody is a decent actor, and different enough that it won't appear they are looking for a Clone of Heath as a replacement.

I don't think any of us want to see another Actor try and Copy Heath...do they?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
Knight Rise
Banned User

We all know directors won't copy each others characters. But still, Joker and all, I personally don't see Brody

Old 07-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
The Bat
Jim Lee Fanatic

Quote:
I personally don't see Brody
I can see Brody in the role...but I also like your suggestion of Jim Carrey. I love Jim and know he could totally pull it off. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll escape the stigma of playing the Riddler in Batman Forever. I think WB will want to stay clear of that.

But hey, you never know. Everybody said Chris Evans couldn't play Captain America because he played the Human Torch...and I think that's going to work out just fine.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #37
Knight Rise
Banned User

Right, I just see Jim because he's had both sides of the playing field already, not to mention familiarity with Batman. He's got the most energy out of anyone to do it IMO

Old 07-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #38
The Bat
Jim Lee Fanatic

Quote:
Right, I just see Jim because he's had both sides of the playing field already, not to mention familiarity with Batman. He's got the most energy out of anyone to do it IMO
Agreed. Jim does serious every bit as well as he does comedy.

Closed Thread