The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers

Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Th Confused PRIME & MEGATRON..brothers.....?

I just realised something after viewing the movie for a third time; Prime did not want to kill Megatron.

Megatron was clearly standing directly over Sam, and Prime, rather than telling Sam to shove the Allspark into Megatrons chest, shouts "Shove the cube into 'MY' Chest, NOW!"...

When sam shoved it into Megatron's chest, Prime screams out "No Sam!"

When Megatron died Prime showed remorse towards Megatrons death, and eventhough it's hard to make the distinction between true brothera and just fellow Cybertronian by Primes speech, it can infact be taken literally.

Why would Prime scream 'No' to Sam, and rather have the cube shoved into his own chest? I would say that Prime doesn't take lives no matter how evil they are, but then i remembered how callously he owned Bonecrushers ass on the freeway.

My conclusion is, Prime didn't want Megatron to die. Why? Because they might really be brothers, in the literal sense.

Your thoughts......

Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: PRIME & MEGATRON..brothers.....?

i don't think he meant literally...at least, that's not how i take it. i think he meant brother as in "fellow cybertronian"...the way a respectful person would call a fallen opponent "brother".

at least i hope that's what he meant. i'm not too sure i like the idea of Prime and Megatron being blood....er....oil brothers.

edit: i think Prime screams "no Sam" because he was expecting Sam to put the allspark in HIS chest, but instead this little fleshy creature started moving towards Megatron...and as a split second reaction screamed "NO SAM!!!" as in "wtf, are you doing???" the same way you wouldn't expect someone to run across a busy intersection...

Last edited by DorkyFresh; 07-10-2007 at 05:30 PM.
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Wolverini
Banned User

Prime didnt know what would happen if the Allspark was shoved into Megatrons chest. He knew that if he shoved it into his own chest it would kill him , perhaps Megatron just "works" differently.

Just as in the game ending , Megatron uses the Allspark to create and awake Decepticons of all the machines on earth. He fuses the Allspark with his own Spark. That could've happened , but Prime didn't know that.

"No Sam!"
The term "brother" should be taken with a grain of salt. Just like some cultures on Earth people refer to close relatives ( cousins ) as "brother".

Wolverini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Spidey
Side-Kick

I highly doubt they are brothers in the human sense of the word. Optimus seemed to be referring to him as his brother in the proverbial context. Then again, it's possible all transformers consider themselves familial, seeing as they are all born of the allspark.

Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

If it's NOT a Transformers Mytho in ANY way, I doubt it, it's not like Starscream could shoot Megatron thing, since that's Really a G1 Nod

Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
user123456789
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo13:The Hitman View Post
I just realised something after viewing the movie for a third time; Prime did not want to kill Megatron.

Megatron was clearly standing directly over Sam, and Prime, rather than telling Sam to shove the Allspark into Megatrons chest, shouts "Shove the cube into 'MY' Chest, NOW!"...

When Megatron died Prime showed remorse towards Megatrons death, and eventhough it's hard to make the distinction between true brothera and just fellow Cybertronian by Primes speech, it can infact be taken literally.

Why would Prime scream 'No' to Sam, and rather have the cube shoved into his own chest? I would say that Prime doesn't take lives no matter how evil they are, but then i remembered how callously he owned Bonecrushers ass on the freeway.

My conclusion is, Prime didn't want Megatron to die. Why? Because they might really be brothers, in the literal sense.

Your thoughts......
plot hole

user123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
TheShadowCat
Side-Kick

Maybe I need to see this again, but I'm pretty sure Megatron called Prime 'brother' just before he died.

Just thought I'd throw a bone into the mix and let people gnaw on that for a while.

>^..^<

Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
Wolverini
Banned User

He DID call him brother. But Prime considers all his Cybertronian comrades "brothers".

Wolverini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowCat View Post
Maybe I need to see this again, but I'm pretty sure Megatron called Prime 'brother' just before he died.
i couldn't tell you exactly what happened in the movie but i'm more than sure he calls Megatron "brother" after Sam kills him.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
TheShadowCat
Side-Kick

I'm fairly sure Megatron called OP 'brother'. I'm planning on seeing the movie again later this week and I'll have to make double sure that's what I heard or if I need to go get my hearing checked.

>^..^<

Old 07-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Optimus Prime Called Megatron Brother!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
mMark
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm fairly sure Megatron called OP 'brother'. I'm planning on seeing the movie again later this week and I'll have to make double sure that's what I heard or if I need to go get my hearing checked.

>^..^<
no.

but can anyone confirm that if OP said to Megatron :"You left me with no choice, brother." ?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

^Yes he did say something to that effect AFTER Megs was dead. I saw it again today.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
TheShadowCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediXAngel View Post
Optimus Prime Called Megatron Brother!
Deep breath! And exhale. Now releax. There, doesn't that feel better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mMark View Post
no.

but can anyone confirm that if OP said to Megatron :"You left me with no choice, brother." ?
I saw this movie last Friday so it's been a few days. When I go to see the movie again later this week, I'll pay careful attention to that scene.

>^..^<

Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
mMark
Side-Kick

Quote:
Deep breath! And exhale. Now releax. There, doesn't that feel better?

I saw this movie last Friday so it's been a few days. When I go to see the movie again later this week, I'll pay careful attention to that scene.

>^..^<
I am seeing this movie today. So I tell you guys.

Come to think about it, they know each other so well, they could be brothers, in the past at least.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
cosmicherosa
king of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i think Prime screams "no Sam" because he was expecting Sam to put the allspark in HIS chest, but instead this little fleshy creature started moving towards Megatron...and as a split second reaction screamed "NO SAM!!!" as in "wtf, are you doing???" the same way you wouldn't expect someone to run across a busy intersection...

Now that is how I took it, but...........................

Megatron and Starscream were both whooping everyone's ass all over the place. I don't get Optimus Prime's logic behind it, cuz if he sacrifices himself he is only destroying the AllSpark. That leaves two almost unstoppable monsters to rip the planet to shreds.

cosmicherosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #17
dudeman25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mMark View Post
no.

Yes, indeed he did, I've seen it three times now and that's exactly what he says. I caught it even the first time, b/c it took me by surprise he said it. I do remember reading some comic book or whatever based on the movie. In the pages that dealt with OP and Megs fighting at the end, the beginning of the fight they both look across at one another and say something like "Hello, brother!".

dudeman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I didn't take the line literally and am actually surprised that so many did...

I took it as a 'brothers in arms' kinda line...like how soldiers refer to one another as brothers, etc.

Or to an extent how in X1, Magneto referred to Senator Kelly as 'brother' after he transformed him into a mutant.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #19
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicherosa View Post
Now that is how I took it, but...........................

Megatron and Starscream were both whooping everyone's ass all over the place. I don't get Optimus Prime's logic behind it, cuz if he sacrifices himself he is only destroying the AllSpark. That leaves two almost unstoppable monsters to rip the planet to shreds.
Exactly what i was thinking!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #20
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo13:The Hitman View Post

Your thoughts......
I think he said No Sam! as he thought Sam was giving Megatron the Allspark, not killing him.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #21
TheShadowCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicherosa View Post
That leaves two almost unstoppable monsters to rip the planet to shreds.
Um...a bunch of military guys took out Blackout, so it's not impossible for humans to take out a Decepticon. It just takes longer and there's a lot more damage and more casualties, but the job will get done. If one could get Megatron into a remote enough area and drop a nuke on him, he's not likely to be a problem any more.

>^..^<

Old 07-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #22
mMark
Side-Kick

I think Prime treasures Megatron's life more than his own.

The moment he said :"By the end of this day, one shall stand one shall fall." I bet Prime is actually thinking that he will definitely sacrifice his own life to destroy the Allspark.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #23
dudeman25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Um...a bunch of military guys took out Blackout, so it's not impossible for humans to take out a Decepticon. It just takes longer and there's a lot more damage and more casualties, but the job will get done. If one could get Megatron into a remote enough area and drop a nuke on him, he's not likely to be a problem any more.

>^..^<
yeah, and besides those missiles that hit Megatron obviously damaged him quite a bit to open his chest. Now Starscream owning the other Raptors would be a little different maybe.

dudeman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #24
mMark
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
I think he said No Sam! as he thought Sam was giving Megatron the Allspark, not killing him.
that point is rediculous.

Sam risked his life to protect the cube just to give it Megatron? If so, he'd give it to Megatron on the roof, and Prime knows he's with Megatron on the roof and Sam refused to give the Allspark to Megatron, right?

Old 07-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #25
Ladiesman217
Side-Kick

That final air strike did wreck up Megs good. If Prime sacrificed himself and destroyed the Allspark I still think the Decepticons would be defeated. 3 Autobots and the rest of the US Air Force would've ended up defeating the cons or forcing them to retreat. If Megs was able to obtain the Allspark it would be game over for Earth as he would have created a huge army from the get go.

Ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote