The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #51
Paroxysm
Banned User

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread: Second Edition

I've seen a few clips and I noticed Fassbender's Irish accent quite a bit.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #52
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread: Second Edition

Just got back from seeing this. I can say that all the great reviews are perfectly justified. The X Franchise is back and better than ever.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #53
jacobed
Banned User

I saw this movie earlier today and just about everything people are saying about it is true. The movie is great, the acting is crazy good especially from McAvoy and Fassbender. All the supporting mutants are awesome and the use of their powers was always great, of course a few have more of a spotlight than others but there isn't much you can do about that in an ensemble movie. It's great to see Oliver Platt on the big screen as I am a huge Oliver Platt fan. I loved the story, the whole angle using the Cuban Missile Crisis was awesome and it worked real well. The special effects for the most part are pretty fantastic but yeah there are a few shots where it looks pretty bad, definitely not Wolverine's claws bad but just not as good as the rest. As much as I hate to say it, FOX deserves a real kudos. This project is pretty bold. A movie about the cuban missile crisis which most of your projected audience has only read about in history class, with a cast of relatively unknowns featuring almost no favorite or popular mutants from X-Men and the fact that the X-Men franchise name isn't big anymore after X3 and Wolverine but yet they trusted the Singer/Vaughn team and let them go out and make the movie they wanted to make.

Best movie I've seen all year, definitely a solid 9/10.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #54
JP
Smelly

FIRST CLASS is trending world wide on twitter!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #55
c-saw
Side-Kick

This movie is getting a sh**load of praise on twitter. It seems people are really enjoying it but is it another one of those cases where the early audience is mostly made up of fanboys and people who were genuinely excited about it?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #56
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
FIRST CLASS is trending world wide on twitter!
Now I'm calling it 60 to 70 million opening! From what I thought would be a 30 to 40 million opening!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #57
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
It does come out a few times. More towards the beach scenes.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #58
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

looks like x-men is officially in the Dark Knight and Spiderman 2 league!
52 reviews and only one rotten?...thats truly incredible (and completely surprising)

Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #59
seer616

One thing I've just thought, is it me more did
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Hank shed his fur, no furry beast in the post-beach scene outside of the mansion

Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #60
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i seen it today and it was a enjoyable movie

people say the actress playing emma frost was flat, but i actally thought it worked well for the character suprisingly

but i was disapointed the young mutants didnt have much to do on the beach final, and its a shame beast didnt get to do more

Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #61
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Irish? Isn't Fassbender German?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #62
jacobed
Banned User

German-Irish but lived in Ireland

Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #63
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
Irish? Isn't Fassbender German?
He's German-Irish. He moved to Kerry when he was two.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #64
JP
Smelly

Huffington Post is a rave!

Issues with the political parables aside and a needless epilogue aside, the film works splendidly as a joyously entertaining adventure movie. The action scenes, when they do arrive, are expertly staged and edited with a clear sense of scope and geography, being both larger than life and appropriately plausible. There is a nice mix of quirky camp and deadly seriousness (even aside from the Holocaust prologue, there is some shocking violence in the picture). With terrific acting, razor-sharp dialogue, and uncommonly assured direction, this X-Men reboot/prequel stands amongst the very best comic book adaptations. It is not just a great comic book film or a great X-Men film. X-Men: First Class stands proud as a just-plain terrific film.
Grade: A-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-..._b_870067.html

Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #65
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

so does gambit and rogue cameo? i heard there's some cameos who are they please as this is spoiler thread anyway!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #66
Project862006
Banned User

52-1 on RT and 7 top critics WOW

Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #67
Sebastos
Bebop User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
German-Irish but lived in Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
He's German-Irish. He moved to Kerry when he was two.
Ah ok cool, didn't know that bit of info. Merci.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #68
Sweet Xstacy
Side-Kick

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/m...ass/index.html

Very harsh negative review from Salon.com.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #69
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Yeah, a harsh review that was very poorly written. Guy came off as a 5 year old whining *****, seriously. Not defending the movie but critics like this guy come off as extremely arrogant and dumb.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #70
JP
Smelly

He's complaining about blockbusters in general being useless, and how one that is 5 movies in is even more useless.. but he gave the new Pirates a good review.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #71
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Xstacy View Post
http://www.salon.com/entertainment/m...ass/index.html

Very harsh negative review from Salon.com.
Again...more people that seemingly don't care and are terrible reviewers:

Quote:
"I was startled to look up the running time and discover that "X-Men: First Class" is only 104 minutes; the second half is so clunky it feels much longer."

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #72
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Just saw a TV spot during The Daily Show that used the review quote "What Christopher Nolan did with Batman, Matthew Vaughn did with X-Men."

Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #73
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
He's complaining about blockbusters in general being useless, and how one that is 5 movies in is even more useless.. but he gave the new Pirates a good review.
I liked Pirates 4.

But the Salon review was awful...badly written, and he seems annoyed that movies come out in the summer at all.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #74
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

I don't know if that movie running time is right. I work at a movie theater and our computer screen in box office says its 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #75
JP
Smelly

If the film gets a negative review it would really be nice if the reviewer actually REVIEWS the film.That Solon interview is a guy moaning about superhero movies. He doesn't even mention anything about the film itself.

Waiting for Roger Ebert. He doesn't normally like superhero films, but he actually REVIEWS them.

Closed Thread