The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 05:17 AM   #101
Mercurius
Merc with a mouth

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread: Second Edition

Reviews will be mixed. There is no possibility of a complete positive reception. Not even masterpieces of filmmaking have that.

So: relax and let them talk.

The movie is well worth all its best comic book origins and was done with both courage and great ability by Vaugh and his more than talented cast.

We all know the value of that.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #102
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread: Second Edition

Boston Globe 3/4 Another top critic.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #103
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I hope now that:

1) Vaughn is locked in for a sequel

2) Singer stays on board for story input, producer duties

3) The next film has a less nightmarish production schedule. Allow more time so we get perfection in acting/accents/FX. (It would also allow January Jones to hone her body and look a bit stronger/curvier)

4) we get better posters next time!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #104
BMM
Side-Kick

Agreed. If there's anything I hope Fox doesn't take away from this is that the studio can fast track a movie and come up with a good product in less than a year. Also, I've given up on #4. Haha.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #105
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Xstacy View Post
Say what? WTH

I haven't even read it yet. The nerve of them.
Yeah, I count it as rotten in my book. He called Charles a "mind-reader" and that was it. And why would you cut one of the main actors out of the group picture?

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 06-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #106
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Dropped to 92% now...
I really hope it can fix between 90 to 98.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #107
JP
Smelly

That Salon review just really irritates me. But still happy with the overall consensus.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #108
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

There are bound to be a few negative reviews, but here's hoping it gets a flood of good reviews to bring it back up to the mid-upper 90's.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #109
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
That Salon review just really irritates me. But still happy with the overall consensus.
Even when I agree with their conclusions, I dont think I've ever read a Salon review that I liked.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #110
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

That Salon review was just too pretentious for its own good. It was almost like a diatribe on how pop culture will destroy us all. Mostly the guy just went on and on about how distressing it was having to seat in dark for two hours to watch such a dumb movie when he could have been reading "Ulisses" or something.

I loved the commentary in which the reader says "Well, it's your job to sit in the dark and watch movies and you talk as if you have to break stones under the sun for two hours for a living, douche" Haha, perfect comment is perfect!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #111
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

So 92% and a 7.5/10 average. Eh, can't say this suprised me. People expecting any superhero film to stay in the 95-100% range were just whistling dixie. No live action SH film has ever finished there. Only The Incredibles is in that range and it's animated.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #112
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

61 Fresh, 6 Rotten. Tomatoemeter=91%

Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #113
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

I'm still impressed with percentage still being that high. I know several look at the number out of ten, but still, I'm impressed.

"You experience things, and then they're over."
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #114
chaseter
Bland User

91% is very, very good.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #115
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
91% is very, very good.
Have you been to see it yet?

Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #116
chaseter
Bland User

No I got tonight!

Read too many spoilers but I couldn't help myself. So excited.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #117
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Back up to 92%.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #118
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I have to agree, the Salon.com review is absolutely pointless and really frustrating because it needlessly brings down the RT score. All the other rotten ones actually review the movie and say what they did and didn't like.

It essentially says that the movie is good but then gives it a rotten because he thinks the subject matter is stupid and below him. What a pretentious jerk!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #119
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Peter Travers loved it
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/b...class-20110602

Didn't realize he was switching over to video blogs but it is a very good review if you can stand his craziness at the end of the video.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #120
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Some people just flat out hate comic films, and will hate for no damn reason

Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #121
JP
Smelly

Great, another top critic.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #122
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Even if this drops down to the 80s I will not be crying myself to sleep. I'm very pleased with these results.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #123
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Ebert gave it 2 1/2 stars. The same he gave the first X-Men I think. Then again, he gave X-Men: The Last Stand 3 Stars. So...I don't care.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #124
JP
Smelly

2.5/4 should probably still count as a fresh review. We'll see.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #125
Project862006
Banned User

no 2.5/4 is negative but he also gave The Fighter a 2.5/4 LOL

Closed Thread