Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #51
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post

His wife. But he wouldn't allow her to touch him. Hell, i don't think he even looked at her. What was the point of making her take her shirt off?...not that i'm complaining!

The mother/daughter relationship i just as it should be; typical teenage girl at odds with her mother. I think it's quite apparent that he knows about his wife and his best friend, hence the talk he gave his daughter in the woods about cutting mom some slack...
That was the point of my comment....Not really taking much notice of what else was going on after Baccarin took her top off

Old 10-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #52
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:

His wife. But he wouldn't allow her to touch him. Hell, i don't think he even looked at her. What was the point of making her take her shirt off?...not that i'm complaining!

The mother/daughter relationship i just as it should be; typical teenage girl at odds with her mother. I think it's quite apparent that he knows about his wife and his best friend, hence the talk he gave his daughter in the woods about cutting mom some slack...
That whole scene with his wife was very uncomfortable, maybe because I am a girl and well, most of us gals know what it's like to be unsatisfied like that at one time or another. If he hates her, or wants her to be gone, he should just say so. He must know about her and Mike on some level. I just wish that tension would just settle itself and be gone. I don't like seeing the wife mistreated like that.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #53
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
That whole scene with his wife was very uncomfortable, maybe because I am a girl and well, most of us gals know what it's like to be unsatisfied like that at one time or another. If he hates her, or wants her to be gone, he should just say so. He must know about her and Mike on some level. I just wish that tension would just settle itself and be gone. I don't like seeing the wife mistreated like that.
She is not being mistreated. You got to remember what the guy went through. He is actually acting like most POW's after they've been through something like that. The problem is TV is portraying that as if there is something wrong with a person being out of touch with life after his whole world has been turned upside down.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #54
obin_gam
Side-Kick

This keeps getting better and better! I first thought it was Danes in the beginning of this latest episode and was like OH YES YES YES! But then when it wasnt, it wasnt too bad either.

- Gene Wilder
Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #55
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Just finished the 2nd ep, and while I still think the plot might be a little thin (particularly since the audience can already see that he had interactions with that terrorist leader and the fact that it was him who killed his comrade), but it is still interesting and I hope like with 24, they'll throw alot of twists and turns along the way.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #56
sshuttari
what's the next Epic film

The 3rd episode was easily the best. It keeps getting better and crazier!!! Love the ending too that the prince had nothing to do with it was the butler guy the whole time... Which was staring at me the whole time and yet I didn't see it coming... sigh...

Old 10-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #57
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Another cool ep. Danes was looking hotter than usual in that bar scene.

I thought she was going to put two and two together when she found the rug, and the bowl in the shed; or at least have the common sense to put one camera back up in the 'blind spot'.

I don't know why Brody just doesn't tell his wife and Mike he knows about them. It's like he wants them to suffer.........

Next week - face to face with one of his torturers looks intense.

Oh, btw i wonder who the CIA mole is, seeing as how they tipped off the driver about being followed? It would be cool if it was Dane's mentor!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #58
Maximus One
Oddball

This show is getting really damn good. Was kinda weird this week the way they were hinting around at Carrie and Brody hooking up. They both seemed genuinely interested in each other but of course we know why Carrie is but she still seemed a bit flustered there at the end. Can't wait to see where this goes

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #59
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I can see them ending up together and Carrie becoming blind sided by Brody's true intention...that is, if he really has turned.

I'm still interested if that hand signal he was giving during the first ep, is indeed a signal...

Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #60
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Showtime Renews Homeland For A Second Season
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83572

I'm really glad to hear this news but I'm just wondering how much life there is on the concept. I hope they will be able to keep it engaging throughout for a long-term series.

Last edited by Sgt.Pepper; 10-26-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #61
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I guess the show will follow Brody's rise into politics as the last scene of the first ep hinted ....

Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #62
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
I guess the show will follow Brody's rise into politics as the last scene of the first ep hinted ....
I won't be surprised if they go this route, but I don't want this show just focuses on Brody and his conversion to a domestic terrorist and a Muslim, and we'll spend two seasons watching Carrie trying to get an evidence off him. It's like the audience already knew who the killer is but the detective is spending eternity attempting to catch him red-handed so he can be arrested.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #63
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Next week, with Brody's urgency to want to be face to face with his torturer, might have something to do with the fact that Brody's scared he (the torturer) might reveal that Brody was indeed turned.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #64
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Another good ep. I like the way you never can really tell who's side Brody is really on....

Btw, Sarita Choudhury who played Sal's wife in this past ep has not aged well.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #65
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

So where did the Blade come from?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #66
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Who know?!

Very good episode last night.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Sal said the theory is it was concealed in those tennis shoes he had on, which is why they kept showing close up quick shots of them, a few times during his transport.

It can go either way; that's what i love about this show. You really don't know.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #68
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Wasn't it obvious that he slipped him the blade.

Spill

Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #69
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I think Saul gave him the blade, actually. In the tray of food he gave him. Having Brody there made him look guilty when it wasn't him at all. Plus Saul could have warned that other terrorist to get out of Dodge. I still have a feeling that Brody is innocent and they are just making him look guilty so we'll look the other way. Just because he converted to Islam, doesn't mean he is also a terrorist as well. Look past the obvious, I say.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #70
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Wasn't it obvious that he slipped him the blade.
No it wasn't. We still don't even know if Brody has turned. The only remote hint the show has given us is that he's secretly converted to Islam; which could mean nothing in extremist sense.

If you re-watch the ep, they keep showing the guys tennis shoes. A blade could have easily been in there, somewhere.....it could go either way at this point.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #71
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
I think Saul gave him the blade, actually. In the tray of food he gave him. Having Brody there made him look guilty when it wasn't him at all. Plus Saul could have warned that other terrorist to get out of Dodge. I still have a feeling that Brody is innocent and they are just making him look guilty so we'll look the other way. Just because he converted to Islam, doesn't mean he is also a terrorist as well. Look past the obvious, I say.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sal turned out to be the American POW that has turned; that was all Carrie had to go on anyway. There's obviously a mole in the CIA- who warned the professor he was being followed. Plus during their argument in the last ep, Carrie said that Sal had been a prisoner himself at one point....

Old 11-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #72
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Sal turned out to be the American POW that has turned; that was all Carrie had to go on anyway. There's obviously a mole in the CIA- who warned the professor he was being followed. Plus during their argument in the last ep, Carrie said that Sal had been a prisoner himself at one point... .
This is what clinched it for me. I don't think Brody gave him the blade at all.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #73
echostation
Banned User

it's Saul... sorry to spoil it but given the spoiler leaks from the early script drafts I have it's Saul all the way...

Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #74
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Spoilers!!!!!

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #75
The Demon's Head
Side-Kick