Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which is superior?
X2 140 44.44%
X-men: First Class 175 55.56%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #101
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

Default Re: Which is better: X2 or First Class?

i liked x-men the most...but i'm in the minority.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #102
Iron_Burger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman View Post
X2 is faaaaaar better as not one scene in First class tops wolverine and the mansion assault AT ALL. also how can we forget nightcrawlers intro...wow. nothing in first class comes close besides magneto sub lift
Wait, so a long series of cliche, solo action hero set-pieces make X2 better?

Wolvie saves the day single-handedly against mercenaries and Lady Deathstrike instead of, you know, a team of people called the X-Men working together.

I mean, do Prof. X and company not train the kids at all for possible assaults in their high-tech training rooms? Why can't Collosus, Rogue, Pyro, and Iceman have more to do here?

Last edited by Iron_Burger; 06-04-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Iron_Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #103
Godman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Burger View Post
Wait, so a long series of cliche, solo action hero set-pieces make X2 better?

Wolvie saves the day single-handedly against mercenaries and Lady Deathstrike instead of, you know, a team of people called the X-Men working together?

I mean, do Prof. X and company not train the kids at all for possible assaults in their high-tech training rooms? Why can't Collosus, Rogue, Pyro, and Iceman have more to do here?
Ur right...first class is a better XMEN movie, but overall not a better movie IMO. both movies still *****er the mythos and in that right this whole alternate universe xmen sucks, but enjoyable none the less.

the issues u had with x2 are the same i did...but i also had all the same singerverse issues as i had with this movie...the butchering of the entire mythos getting almost EVERYTHING wrong. Xavier didnt lose his ability to walk that way...totally wrong and for no reason. they had enough time to explain that so i dont know why they went this cheap route of a quick fix for movies as if people are stupid? Thats why TDK will always be helmed a good FILM where as these marvel movies and most all else are helmed as good comic book movies. as this suffered the same issues as COMIC BOOK movies do.

Godman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #104
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Hmmm, a pedantic heavy-handed allegory by the climax-hating Brian Singer where the X-Men fight water (I guess he was saving the really good stuff, like lifting a rock, for Superman) or a real movie with not only a rewarding climax but questions that require actual thought?

I'll go with First Class.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #105
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
the issues u had with x2 are the same i did...but i also had all the same singerverse issues as i had with this movie...the butchering of the entire mythos getting almost EVERYTHING wrong. Xavier didnt lose his ability to walk that way...totally wrong and for no reason. they had enough time to explain that so i dont know why they went this cheap route of a quick fix for movies as if people are stupid? Thats why TDK will always be helmed a good FILM where as these marvel movies and most all else are helmed as good comic book movies. as this suffered the same issues as COMIC BOOK movies do.

You're mad Xavier doesn't lose his ability to walk the same way he does in the books and that they crammed it into one film. Then, you use The Dark Knight as an example of what to do, despite the fact that one of the number one complaints of The Dark Knight is the pacing of the film toward the end because they decided to cram Harvey Dent's transformation into, and subsequent arc as, Two Face in one filma transformation that isn't at all like his comic book counterpart???

Last edited by BMM; 06-04-2011 at 04:07 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #106
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i liked x-men the most...but i'm in the minority.
I like X-Men the most as well. I think its because I'm such a huge Cyclops fan.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #107
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

The two films are very different beasts, i can't play the 'this one is better' game.

I can find good things in X3 too, and Wolverine. I believe each has something to offer.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #108
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

It's a close call, but after a 2nd viewing I went and threw my hat in the XMFC ring. The scenes between McAvoy & Fassbender just tip the scales too much. Nothing in X2 comes close to that emotional level. X2 has a couple of action/powers being displayed scenes that are better than anything in XMFC(Maggy's escape & Nightcrawler's attack) and X2 has the best villain of the series(Brian Cox's Stryker), but Xavier & Erik's bromance in XMFC is just too good and trumps those X2 elements slightly. It's by no means a blow out win for XMFC, although the sequel has a good chance of doing so.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #109
Nokio
Side-Kick

I'll have to say both are about the same, but I'll give the edge to XMFC, cause it felt more like an Xmen movie then any of the other films. That's not saying a whole lot either. Vaughan as a director could've delivered a good adaptable x film that is more accurate history wise but he had to work with in the confines of the other films and The history that Singer Fox created.

I still stand by that Singer is a blight on these films. X1 just didnt suck, X2 was a huge improvement and FC was the best that was churned out and the closest in terms of action and power displays that I'd expect an Xmen movie to have but they weren't good Xmen movies. FC was a good movie despite the flaws but it still wasn't a good x film

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #110
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
It's a close call, but after a 2nd viewing I went and threw my hat in the XMFC ring. The scenes between McAvoy & Fassbender just tip the scales too much. Nothing in X2 comes close to that emotional level. but Xavier & Erik's bromance in XMFC is just too good and trumps those X2 elements slightly. It's by no means a blow out win for XMFC, although the sequel has a good chance of doing so.
Agreed and all the more reason it pisses me off that Erik split from Charles in this first film. Their friendship was awesome and should've been explored more. Personally I'd had them split in the end of a third film as the tension grows more and more over their views. This was poor story telling cause it looked to me that Charles and Erik only knew each other for what appeared to be a few months at the most.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #111
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Agreed and all the more reason it pisses me off that Erik split from Charles in this first film. Their friendship was awesome and should've been explored more. Personally I'd had them split in the end of a third film as the tension grows more and more over their views. This was poor story telling cause it looked to me that Charles and Erik only knew each other for what appeared to be a few months at the most.
No. The audience needs a satisfying end. We can't assume there will be two more sequels. It's not like LOTR with one book split into three.

It's flawed thinking to believe they would stretch the story out and hope that sequels would be made. It's nice to see your confidence in sequels being greenlit with a nod or a wave of the hand, but it's a bit more complex than that.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #112
WOLVERINE25TH
The Best There Is

They're equal for me. The biggest negative holding FC back is all the continuity issues in its deciding if it's a true prequel or a reboot, and the biggest thing keeping X2 up are the awesome fight scenes. So, fer me, it's pretty much a tie.

And for all those complaining about Cyclops in X2, he was intended to be in the film more but they just cut all his scenes for whatever reason. Read the novelization if ya haven't. You'll get the X2 ya want there.

WOLVERINE25TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #113
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

X2.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #114
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Easily X-men:FC, its now my favorite X-men film.
1. X:FC
2. X-men
3. X2
4. X3
5. dog poop
6. Wolverine

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Sentinel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #115
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

X:FC

simply a brilliant movie. X2 is an amazing movie and certainly one of the best comic book movies ever but X:FC tops it. better performances more powerful scenes. X:FC has moved to my top 3 favorite superhero movies ever, I was blown away by it.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #116
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

X-Men 2 is still tops for me. FC was fantastic and is snapping at X-2's heels, but X-2 is still the king.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #117
akfj
Side-Kick

Quote:
both movies still *****er the mythos and in that right this whole alternate universe xmen sucks, but enjoyable none the less.
And in the end, isn't that all that matters?

akfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #118
Bren
Forevernoob

I've watched X2 easily more than 10 times, because it's one of my favourite films. At the moment I consider it better than FC, but I've only watched it once so my opinion may change, I enjoyed FC a lot, but need to watch it again.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #119
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel X View Post
Easily X-men:FC, its now my favorite X-men film.
1. X:FC
2. X-men
3. X2
4. X3
5. dog poop
6. Wolverine

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #120
ALP
In The Mountains

Love them both but slightly give the edge to First Class because Charles and Magneto are far more interesting characters than Wolverine.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #121
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
At the moment, First Class.

I liked the tone, story, and characters more than X2.

I'm just glad we have an x-film that realizes that this is an ensemble movie. Does Fassbender steal the show? Yeah...but he's not made the main character as everyone is pushed to the wayside. Vaughn knew how to use the badass character properly. The characters in FC seem more likable than the X2 characters. It was fun watching Young Xavier, Young Magneto, Beast, Havok, Mystique, etc. The story wasnt afraid to be fun at times either.
How did this movie realize it was an ensemble when we got absolutely zero character and development from nearly the entire X-Men team?

For the characters that were developed, they were developed brilliantly, and I certainly can't knock the film for the characters that it did develop.

But I certainly can knock it for absolutely neglecting to develop the entire team that would follow Xavier after the final battle. Havok and Banshee are original X-Men, and we know jack crap about who they are.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #122
hugekent
Side-Kick

I'd say X2 is comfortably the better film. XMFC is uneven in tone and sloppy in places, but it's every bit as enjoyable.

hugekent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #123
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
But I certainly can knock it for absolutely neglecting to develop the entire team that would follow Xavier after the final battle. Havok and Banshee are original X-Men, and we know jack crap about who they are.
Oh jesus, seriously?

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #124
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Much like Jean Grey and Cyclops in X1. All we got was that they were some of Xavier's first students and what they can do with their powers. Then they got more attention in X2. I'm sure a sequel will flesh characters like Havok and Banshee out even more. Neither X1 or X2 went into Cyclops or Jean's backstory either. Don't get me started on X3 with Juggernaut and Multiple Man.

As for which I like the most. At first I couldn't decide, but after seeing First Class a second time, FC gets my vote. I still really like X2, but FC hands down had way more emotion and more powerful scenes in it.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #125
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Much like Jean Grey and Cyclops in X1. All we got was that they were some of Xavier's first students and what they can do with their powers. Then they got more attention in X2. I'm sure a sequel will flesh characters like Havok and Banshee out even more. Neither X1 or X2 went into Cyclops or Jean's backstory either. Don't get me started on X3 with Juggernaut and Multiple Man.

As for which I like the most. At first I couldn't decide, but after seeing First Class a second time, FC gets my vote. I still really like X2, but FC hands down had way more emotion and more powerful scenes in it.
Cyclops' scene with the comatose Xavier was more character than anything Havok and Banshee combined got in X-Men: First Class.

We may not have known the "why's" of everyone in X-Men, but we certainly had a clear idea of who they were. The personalities of Cyclops and Jean Grey were both established very well in X-Men. In X-Men: First Class, Havok and Banshee were honestly nothing more than a couple cliche teenagers. I don't necessarily need to know the "why's" about them, but it'd be nice to at least get some semblance of who these guys are as people. As it is, there is absolutely nothing to invest in with Banshee and Havok, other than some cool displays of power, which I will admit were among some of the best in the entire franchise.

Character to me is more than a display of power. But that's all Havok and Banshee were. Action pieces.

Cyclops and Jean Grey were well established *characters*.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote