The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #51
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Favourite moments in 'X-men: First Class'

I still dont have One favourite moment yet.

But I loved the scene where Xavier helped Erik to move the satellite too. It was emotional, one of the most emotional scenes of the movie.

We saw adult Erik crying for the first time, because of his sad past and the lost of his mother, and at the same time, for his lonely life.

One of the best dialogue scenes of this movie.

Last edited by Angamb; 06-05-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #52
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I pretty much loved every single scene with Magneto and Mystique.

I also loved the paralyzing scene with Xavier.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #53
Angamb
Banned User

I have to say tho, that I kind of hate that Erik was present in the kissing scene between Hank and Raven.

I mean, he could have been present, in the background.... but I hate that he interrupted the scene.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #54
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I loved how when Erik had the fedora on when he was in the street. It reminded me so much of what Erik wore in the Senate building in X1.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #55
Donut
Side-Kick

Hey is the music during the Cuba attack on the score ?

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #56
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

"Let Battle Commence", "Sub Lift", "Coup d'…tat" have the basic cues from the Cuba battle scenes, it's not the exact score, but it's pretty much it.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #57
batman11

Too many moments to choose from (I really enjoyed the movie), and I could make a list that could last forever, but here's a few that stick out:

- Logan. Obviously. Thankfully I wasn't spoiled regarding the cameo. As soon as I saw the cigar, I knew it was going to be Logan, but that didn't stop me from flipping out when he came on screen. And his line was pure perfection.

- Merciless Shaw in his first scene with Erik. Seriously, when he shot down his mother in cold blood like that...wow. And the followup was fantastic.

- The bar scene. Again, obviously. Erik's manipulation of the knife was freaking badass, as was the reveal of the Nazi-administered tattoo.

- The introduction of Cerebro, particularly due to the wonderful score.

- Charles discovering Erik's repressed/missing memory. That scene was possibly my favorite in the film. It was really beautiful. Charles wiping away the tear and thanking Erik for the memory was just wonderful. And then Erik discovering the extent of his abilities by moving the satellite made it that much more powerful.

- The sub lift. In the trailers, it didn't really do much for me, but the editing of the moment was fantastic. The score was a big part of making it so memorable.

- Shaw's death. Not only was the manner in which he died particularly awesome, but the framing of the scene and the precise camera movements were perfect. I loved how it cut back and forth between Charles and Shaw, the camera moving across both of their heads in slow motion at exactly the same angle. This was a great way to indicate the connection between the two at the moment, both literally and metaphorically; Magneto choosing to kill was not only a choice that put the coin through Shaw, but he also put it through Charles, severing a bond that cannot be restored between the two.

- "Never again," which was used very effectively, and Charles' paralysis. I was so immersed in the film that I completely forgot about the wheelchair aspect to his character. The moment was edited and framed to perfection, really allowing it to resonate well. I distinctly remember the theater falling to silence, and a girl behind me having a rather loud, and generally concerned "OMG!" moment. Charles was written so well and crafted to be so likeable that the moment really hit hard.

Visit Batman-News.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
To RELIVE the TDK VIRALS (or learn more!), visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com

Last edited by batman11; 06-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.
batman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #58
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman11 View Post
Too many moments to choose from (I really enjoyed the movie), and I could make a list that could last forever, but here's a few that stick out:

- Logan. Obviously. Thankfully I wasn't spoiled regarding the cameo. As soon as I saw the cigar, I knew it was going to be Logan, but that didn't stop me from flipping out when he came on screen. And his line was pure perfection.

- Merciless Shaw in his first scene with Erik. Seriously, when he shot down his mother in cold blood like that...wow. And the followup was fantastic.

- The bar scene. Again, obviously. Erik's manipulation of the knife was freaking badass, as was the reveal of the Nazi-administered tattoo.

- Charles discovering Erik's repressed/missing memory. That scene was possibly my favorite in the film. It was really beautiful. Charles wiping away the tear and thanking Erik for the memory was just wonderful. And then Erik discovering the extent of his abilities by moving the satellite made it that much more powerful.

- The sub lift. In the trailers, it didn't really do much for me, but the editing of the moment was fantastic. The score was a big part of making it so memorable.

- Shaw's death. Not only was the manner in which he died particularly awesome, but the framing of the scene and the precise camera movements were perfect. I loved how it cut back and forth between Charles and Shaw, the camera moving across both of their heads in slow motion at exactly the same angle. This was a great way to indicate the connection between the two at the moment, both literally and metaphorically; Magneto choosing to kill was not only a choice that put the coin through Shaw, but he also put it through Charles, severing a bond that cannot be restored between the two.

- "Never again," which was used very effectively, and Charles' paralysis. I was so immersed in the film that I completely forgot about the wheelchair aspect to his character. The moment was edited and framed to perfection, really allowing it to resonate well. I distinctly remember the theater falling to silence, and a girl behind me having a rather loud, and generally concerned "OMG!" moment. Charles was written so well and crafted to be so likeable that the moment really hit hard.
Thank you for this incredible write up. It brought back moments...

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #59
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I loved how when Erik had the fedora on when he was in the street. It reminded me so much of what Erik wore in the Senate building in X1.
I immediately thought of that too...

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #60
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:

Probably my favorite of the film...and you worded my sentiments perfectly, in a way I couldn't LOL...

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #61
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have to say tho, that I kind of hate that Erik was present in the kissing scene between Hank and Raven.

I mean, he could have been present, in the background.... but I hate that he interrupted the scene.
My coworkers and I found that creepy. It seemed like it was pretty late and a private meeting between Hank and Raven and out of nowhere Erik appears and drops a creeper one liner and walks off.

Kind of funny.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #62
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:

Ditto on everything, although I didn't care for the score in the Cerebro scene.

I also really liked the students fighting on the ships, especially Banshee. I thought Beast could've been used more there, though.

There was one wide shot on the beach where Xavier is down and Magneto kind of gestures to him in a way that says, "See? This is what the humans will do." I thought it was beautiful and very effective.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #63
batman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Thank you for this incredible write up. It brought back moments...
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Probably my favorite of the film...and you worded my sentiments perfectly, in a way I couldn't LOL...
Happy to have helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Ditto on everything, although I didn't care for the score in the Cerebro scene.
Are you referring to the piece during the Cerebro montage, or the piece during during the tech's actual intro (before the montage kicks in)? The montage music wasn't actually part of the score; I believe someone on here mentioned that it's a Gnarls Barkley song. I was referring to the musical buildup that occurred just as Charles was about to try out the device for the first time (it's the first half of the 'Cerebro' track on the OST). If we are thinking of the same thing though, I guess it's simply a case of agree to disagree.

Quote:
There was one wide shot on the beach where Xavier is down and Magneto kind of gestures to him in a way that says, "See? This is what the humans will do." I thought it was beautiful and very effective.
I remember the shot you're referring to. Great mannerisms. The whole beach scene was excellently handled.

Visit Batman-News.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
To RELIVE the TDK VIRALS (or learn more!), visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
batman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #64
Shpati
Side-Kick

Loved when Charles and Eric were recruiting. Thought they picked the perfect song in the background. Very nice scene.

Shpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #65
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:

great write up, and though I don't mean to bring it here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what Thor had to compete with this movie...scale maybe but then again the global vibe of this film kinda trumps the po-dunk vibe of that one.

I just don't get it.
Especially with that last part...especially.

Anyways, does anyone feel that some of the released clips ruined some moments of the film for them? Fox did it to me last time and they tried this time, fortunately I stopped at the Havok Trailer.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #66
childeroland
Side-Kick

--the murder of Eric's mother. That young actor is so good.
--Eric in the bar
--Eric telling Raven throughout to be proud of her mutant nature
--Angel switching sides to the Hellfire Club: I have to believe the insulting agents had something to do with that decision
--the eff off cameo
--Magneto forming the Brotherhood on the beach and when recruiting Emma
--Eric storming the Russian general's house
--Charles realizing Raven wants to go with Eric and telling her to. Still thinking of others even with his condition. That entire scene--so well-acted, directed, written. Emotional, amazing.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #67
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

The 60's music during the recruiting montage was so groovy

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #68
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
The 60's music during the recruiting montage was so groovy
Loved that music. But then, I loved the score in general...can't take it out of my head.

I want to write about the film and favorite scenes, but I'm too much under its impact. Maybe tomorrow.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #69
Nokio
Side-Kick

Lot of good scenes. I like how after 3 films they finally used the word Telepath. All of Emma's scenes, especially when the guy think he's making out with her and she's sitting there on the couch in disgust. People complained about Jones, I thought she was well cast as Emma. She certainly looked as how I imagined Emma would look in a tranlation from the comic.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #70
JP
Smelly

Each audience I've seen it with all GASP when Xavier takes the bullet.

It was done so well. You're so immersed that you just don't see it coming.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #71
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

It was done so well. You're so immersed that you just don't see it coming.
Same here. By that point you even forget he's supposed to be in a wheelchair.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #72
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Yep. It was the very first time my jaw literally dropped. And that's saying a lot for a scene I knew was going to happen. So surprising.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #73
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
Yep. It was the very first time my jaw literally dropped. And that's saying a lot for a scene I knew was going to happen. So surprising.
Well it wasn't a surprise for me. D@mn me for reading every tidbit and watching every clip.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #74
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

Probably the part with Keven Bacons characters revealing his power.
I don't follow the comics all that much, I new and was expecting he would have something cool though.

Last edited by Why Are You Crouching Spock?; 06-06-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #75
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Yeah, I liked Bacon's performance in the entire boat scene too. It was a nice reveal and build-up to it.

"Now you let me walk out of here with my money, or we all die."
(Shaw walks over to him slowly)
"I'll do it, I swear to God!"
(Shaw gets closer, stares him in the eye)
"...No you won't."
(Shaw slowly grabs the grenade from the Colonel's hand)
"But I will."
(pulls the pin)

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote