The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How should it go forward?
It's a proper prequel 32 46.38%
It has it's own continuity 27 39.13%
It's a stand alone film 3 4.35%
I don't care/other. 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #101
Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: How should this movie franchise move forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
X4 is never gonna happen
I just posted this on the sequels board but why not do both in the same film? X4 AND First Class sequel?!?!

X4 = Days of Future Past with BOTH casts!!!

Old Xavier (Patrick Stewart) contacts young Xavier (James McAvoy) to save the world! Logan (Hugh Jackman) can stay the same age and be used in both storylines but use different actors for the same characters in both time periods!!!!! Fassbender plays off Sir Ian and we get a younger Storm and Cyclops plus real Sentinel attacks. (Everyone is crying for Sentinels on this page) Killing Logan and Storm and Peter in the future would make for great cinema and that way the old cast can hand the franchise off to the new cast in a cool fashion. Restore the box office glory and we all win.

Just have the opening credits cover why Xavier is alive and kicking so to speak.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #102
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I just posted this on the sequels board but why not do both in the same film? X4 AND First Class sequel?!?!

Old Xavier (Patrick Stewart) contacts young Xavier (James McAvoy) to save the world! Logan (Hugh Jackman) can stay the same age and be used in both storylines but use different actors for the same characters in both time periods!!!!! Fassbender plays off Sir Ian and we get a younger Storm and Cyclops plus real Sentinel attacks. (Everyone is crying for Sentinels on this page) Killing Logan and Storm and Peter in the future would make for great cinema and that way the old cast can hand the franchise off to the new cast in a cool fashion. Restore the box office glory and we all win.

Just have the opening credits cover why Xavier is alive and kicking so to speak.
This is actually a good idea. Having two sequels in one, but I think I would turn this into X4 & X5 and have two epic films filmed back to back.

Am I the only person that thinks these films would work as epics like LOTR, except two films?

Also definitely kill Logan and end his character. I like him, but give him a heroes death. But let him be played by the same character

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #103
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

I could deal with that scenario. It's all down to the execution of the idea, that's the thing every time.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #104
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Cray Supercomputers were built in 1972 and genetic engineering was also done in the 1970's so you could have Sinister or at the vary least Master Mold. This is all based on if you want to jump about 10 years into time for the next movie, or if you want to just say that the mutant threat forced this things to be made sooner.

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #105
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

this is a picture of Cray 1. Just add a little Hall9000 to it and you got Master Mold.1. You could have it be the next step up from cerebro for the CIA as a none mutant way for finding mutants.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #106
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

As long as Tom Rothman is running things, Sentinels are going to be a no go. That is unless he's changed his stance on giant robots.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #107
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I've now seen FC myself, and, IMO, it really works best as a reboot moreso than as a prequel (although it certainly CAN serve the latter purpose), and I hope that Singer and Co. will come to that realization and structure any sequel(s) to it accordingly, even though it does mean that Singer's brilliant X-Men and X2 would become apocryphal; it's something I could deal with, though, if he continued to be involved with the X-Men franchise going forward and was able to (re)introduce the same characters he used in those films (as well as characters used in The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine) and use them in new storylines that built directly on what happens in FC.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #108
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post

this is a picture of Cray 1. Just add a little Hall9000 to it and you got Master Mold.1. You could have it be the next step up from cerebro for the CIA as a none mutant way for finding mutants.

This would be a pretty fun sequel idea, love the fact that humans get to have their own robotized Cerebro.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #109
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
As long as Tom Rothman is running things, Sentinels are going to be a no go. That is unless he's changed his stance on giant robots.
His stance on no giant robots was before Transformers came out.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #110
chaseter
Bland User

This is how I would love to see First Class 2 done:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter
I would like to see the movie start off with Xavier's school starting up. He knows he cannot find many mutants to recruit without another Cerebro as his range is very limited. Xavier asks Beast to begin working on another Cerebro in the basement of the mansion, a bigger one. One that can see the entire world. Erik comes to visit Charles at the mansion and they discuss current events as well as Cerebro. Erik agrees and he helps Beast and Charles build Cerebro to allow Xavier's school to get up and running. Mystique and Beast exchange words but Azazel is very protective of Mystique because they now are dating. Erik has other plans that we soon find out.

Magneto kills JFK and then Nixon comes in and appoints Bolivar Trask as Secretary of Defense. Lee Harvey Oswald is framed as the killer so that the public remains unaware of a mutant threat. Trask passionately hates mutants and he soon meets Agent Stryker. They begin to capture mutants to experiment on them to learn their weakness. But, the government can't fight mutants on their own as they aren't powerful enough. The government learns where the terrorist Magneto is and a SWAT team invades the Brotherhood camp and just absolutely gets beaten. Helicopters, tanks, and all the SWAT members are dead. The US Government learns that the KGB have been experimenting on mutants and created their first mercenary mutant, Omega Red. The KGB uses Omega Red to hunt mutants down in Russia. A man named Nathaniel Essex successfully grafted these metal devices to a mutant. Piotr and Illyana come to America to escape Omega Red after he kills their family.

Meanwhile Charles is furious that Magneto killed JFK and with the Civil Rights movement now in full swing Charles wants to try and bring equal rights to mutant kind as well and this severely hurts his cause. We could see MLK's famous speech on the tv. Moira quits the CIA and opens a lab to do research on the mutant genome. Moira and Charles meet and she tells him that now is not the time to reveal mutants to the world and that the government is creating their own division to combat mutants. She also hears about mutant experimentation in Russia headed by a man named Nathaniel Essex and that he was successful.

Magneto decides that he wants to use Cerebro to gather members to attack the US government since they attacked his base and he wants to use it to gather intel. So, Azazel secretly bamfs Emma into Cerebro to find out about the government's plans. Charles finds out and a fight breaks out at the mansion between Emma and Charles and Azazel and the rest of the team. Piotr and Illyana are reached by Emma as she broadcasts a message to mutants to meet them at the Brotherhood camp before Charles cuts her off. Omega Red also hears the message and heads that way too.

Magneto gives an awesome speech at the Brotherhood camp to the few mutants that showed up. That night, Omega Red arrives. Omega Red goes around with his tentacles snaking under the tents and filling them with gas to knock them out. Someone screams and as Magneto wakes up he is knocked out. Omega Red kills a few mutants like Angel and Riptide and takes Mystique with him where he turns her in to the CIA. Trask and Stryker are impressed and decide to move forward with their version of mutant mercenaries program, Weapon X.

Magneto and Azazel then come to Charles for help to find Mystique and Charles accepts and he uses Cerebro. Mystique is kept in a mutant prison where she is being tortured along with other mutants. The new team (Beast, Banshee, Havok, and Colossus) as well as the Brotherhood (Magneto, Emma, and Azazel) all head to the armored government base but Charles stays behind to guide them with Cerebro. Azazel secretly bamfs them in at different points in the base and it is humans vs mutants. Then Omega Red enters the fray with a device given to him by the CIA that nullifies all electromagnetic fields to make him be able to defeat Magneto. Magneto is super angry and he kills Stryker and Trask. Omega Red and Magneto then face off and in his rage over Mystique, he accidentally wounds Azazel while they are fighting Omega Red. Magneto is in shock and Azazel bamfs into Mystique's cell and dies. She can't hold him as she is bound to the wall. Magneto goes crazy and kills Omega Red.

The movie ends with Mystique telling Magneto that she is pregnant with Azazel's baby and Emma joins the X-Men because she was disgusted with the level of carnage that Magneto showed. Magneto and Mystique head back to the camp and two mutants are there waiting for him. They were told that they could find their father here. Their names are Pietro and Wanda.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #111
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
This would be a pretty fun sequel idea, love the fact that humans get to have their own robotized Cerebro.
Trask is the brains behind project wideawake's Master Mold. Master Mold would be a series of Supercomputers scattered all over the US linked up to the satellites allowing the government to scan for mutants and then send out teams to gather them up. Magneto would find out about this and attack the one of the installations putting him at the top of the list of mutants to bring in.
thats as much as i have at the moment.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #112
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
X4 is never gonna happen
It will once The Wolverine/Second Class both flop

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #113
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
It will once The Wolverine/Second Class both flop
We might not even get a sequel to First Class ..

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #114
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
Trask is the brains behind project wideawake's Master Mold. Master Mold would be a series of Supercomputers scattered all over the US linked up to the satellites allowing the government to scan for mutants and then send out teams to gather them up. Magneto would find out about this and attack the one of the installations putting him at the top of the list of mutants to bring in.
thats as much as i have at the moment.
You have a lot, you have a whole story, cause then the need to locate Trask (the only person in the goverment with enough clearance to know about project Wideawake) would make Erik and Charles rejoin to build a second Cerebro, they locate him but realize that Trask is not human, but a mutant (because hey, why can't Bolivar Trask be a mutant if the story needs it?). They realize that they once again need to team up and split themselves in teams to destroy the various supercomputers, and they must find Trask soon because...that's all I have.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #115
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
X-men: The Last Stand was before a little indie movie called "Transformers" took the world by storm.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #116
chaseter
Bland User

Transformers =/= sentinels. That is like saying that Spider-Man 2 and TDK are the same thing. They are totally different and play to different aspects. I personally don't think sentinels will work because they are bland and boring in a world filled with amazing super powers and interesting characters.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #117
CEREBRAL....
new name: Agent_Ghost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

William Stryker is referenced in the movie via his father being a part of the CIA, William mentioned directly by Xavier, and a reference to William's son via the woman with the blue and green eyes (perhaps William's future wife?)
Like reading your whole post it was very interesting and insightful, but this is the only part of it I have a question on, and before i ask my question. I don't know the whole X-men mythology because i don't read comic books but I'm completely fascinated by them, their characters, stories and the art...(I'm looking to create my own soon)

ok now on to my question, you said the woman with the blue and green eyes could possibly be Stryker's wife in the future. My question is how so, when in X2 Pyro said the mutation was a gene that is past down through the father, and from X2 I got the impression that Stryker didn't like any mutant and it all stemmed from his son driving his mother to suicide. Stryker also had the same reaction to his son being a mutant just as bobby's parents had when they found out he can turn anything to ice?

If that's the case, then Stryker wouldn't have fallen for that chick because off the bat she was a mutant and you could clearly see it with her different colored eyes...and this is just going off X2 and how they perceived Stryker to be; withstanding what he was/is in the comic books.

also is the red devil guy in FC, knightcrawls father at all? Same type of ability and looks just as he does except K.C. is obviously blue?

Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 06-10-2011 at 10:19 AM.
CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #118
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Transformers =/= sentinels. That is like saying that Spider-Man 2 and TDK are the same thing. They are totally different and play to different aspects. I personally don't think sentinels will work because they are bland and boring in a world filled with amazing super powers and interesting characters.
They essentially take the role of generic human soldiers going after mutants so they're anything but bland and boring. And I love Sentinels that have counters to specific mutant powers. Or highly advanced ones like Nimrod that gain information on mutants as they fight them to become smarter and more impossible to defeat.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #119
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
Stryker wouldn't have fallen for that chick because off the bat she was a mutant and you could clearly see it with her different colored eyes
Just wanted to comment, first of all, she isn't necessarily Jason Stryker's mom, it could easily be a nice easter egg or a giant red herring, that being said, the woman has heterochromia which is not exactly a mutation, I would know it cause I have it, she doesn't have any special mutant powers, her eyes just have different colors, it not only happens in the movies, it also happens in real life.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #120
psyonic
X-Man

She is not Jason's mother. It's uncommon but people have it. I believe Alice Eve has it.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #121
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
She is not Jason's mother. It's uncommon but people have it. I believe Alice Eve has it.
Wasn't she the girl that was rumored to play Emma for like two weeks? wow, now we know why they can't cast her in these movies, everyone would just assume she's Stryker related.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #122
CEREBRAL....

Now on to the thread and what i would like see...

well i would like them to make a sequel to the prequel to set up X men 1,2 and believe it or not 3...like I said in another thread I really like First class, but I thought the whole "fall out" between Prof. X andMagneto was rushed. In fact, my understanding of their past being that they both built the school and "cerebral" up. That they both were kind of "teachers" in a sense.

in F.C. it was looked at as Prof. X was the teacher of them all, and "Beast" developed the ship and "cerebral"....

getting back to how rushed the ending was; I felt they should explored the relationship more with Prof. X and magneto since it's already so dynamic, so dynamic that it should continue on in another film and THEN we see Magneto branch off into his own..to me they kind of rushed it like how G.Lucas did the transformations of darth vader...TOO RUSHED for such a dynamic character....

also if they did do it this way (took their time with their relationship; also having magneto being more involved then they showed with the whole setting up of the school) It would of made sense to see the opening scene of X3

and to closed they could do X4 if they wanted to, because as we all know the x-men comic books are so enriched with stories, that any serious director could take what has already been on film and combine it with a story from the comic and make it work..for instance..x3 left off with rogue going to be cured....they could make part of the movie about her not going for it anymore, maybe see her more developed and older (part of a story) as crazy as it sound...they could bring back Cyclops because we never seen the body...it was just assumed he was dead..and sense he got a raw deal in the films so far..you could given him the "balls" so to speak he deserved as being the leader...i mean I'm not passing this off as a possible main point to another film, I'm just saying these are things they could used and explore in another movie...

Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 06-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #123
CEREBRAL....

Quote:
Just wanted to comment, first of all, she isn't necessarily Jason Stryker's mom, it could easily be a nice easter egg or a giant red herring, that being said, the woman has heterochromia which is not exactly a mutation, I would know it cause I have it, she doesn't have any special mutant powers, her eyes just have different colors, it not only happens in the movies, it also happens in real life.

i'm not saying she was (jason stryker's mom), and the poster didnt say it either. Also she made mention to (i thought) of her being a mutant once prof x. told her he was one....and me nor the movie was coming from a stand point that she just had a real life issue.......and she was a small character that wasn't ment to display any mutant powers..just happens to be a mutant that prof x met...that's how i seen it.

Quote:
Wasn't she the girl that was rumored to play Emma for like two weeks? wow, now we know why they can't cast her in these movies, everyone would just assume she's Stryker related.

nobody assumed anything, and also i dont think she happened to be an actress that was cast who happened to have diff. color eyes, if i'm understanding you correctly. The movie also made mention to her eyes...hence like i said..she made ref. to her being a mutant as well...

Last edited by CEREBRAL....; 06-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #124
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
i'm not saying she was (jason stryker's mom), and the poster didnt say it either. Also she made mention to (i thought) of her being a mutant once prof x. told her he was one....and me nor the movie was coming from a stand point that she just had a real life issue.......and she was a small character that wasn't ment to display any mutant powers..just happens to be a mutant that prof x met...that's how i seen it.
No, I know you didn't say she was Jason Stryker's mom, I was just commenting on the fact that while it's interesting, there really aren't any signs of that.

On the mutant thing, at least I understood that Charles just uses any genetical features that women have and calls them mutant, just to make himself interesting to said women and start a conversation, if you remember he also called Moira a mutant because of her red hair.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #125
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
nobody assumed anything...
Maybe it was the way I wrote it, but I wasn't trying to be rude to you, I really wasn't in any way, just to let you know.