The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How should it go forward?
It's a proper prequel 32 46.38%
It has it's own continuity 27 39.13%
It's a stand alone film 3 4.35%
I don't care/other. 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #176
psyonic
X-Man

Default Re: How should this movie franchise move forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Again, I dont see them as being even a fraction of the disasters they are made out to be.
Okay.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #177
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Let's get back to the original topic question...

If we get a sequel, what do we want to see?

BROTHERHOOD:

1) Not bothered about seeing Angel or Riptide again, as I feel they are very one-trick and I've seen all they can do... The only thing we have not seen is Riptide hurling shuriken blades while in tornado form, which might be a cool effect...

2) Keep Emma Frost, let's see an astral plane battle with Xavier that isn't too much like Inception.

3) Keep Azazel, he's a good mode of transportation and the link to Nightcrawler could be explored.

4) Would like more development/personality for Emma Frost, and more motivation/dialogue for Azazel.

5) Do we need any more Brotherhood members if we lose Angel and Riptide?

6) Any more backstory on Magneto? Him talking about what happened between Auschwitz and Geneva. Met and married a girl he escaped with (Magda), she died in fire (as in comics)

X-MEN:

1) Xavier is in a chair, so only action scenes could be on astral plane. Will he work with Magneto on a new Cerebro?

2) Current physically active members = Beast, Banshee, Havok.

3) Needs another woman, too male-dominated

4) Should we get Jean? Or Polaris? Will Havok then leave team to be with Polaris (as in comics).

5) Then we could get Cyclops and Storm in the third film? And maybe Sunspot (in place of Sunfire, who joined with Storm in the comics)?

Thoughts? Would adding Cyclops and Storm screw up continuity unless they publicly declare it's a reboot/relaunch for next film?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #178
protocida
Side-Kick

X-Men.
Professor X.
Havok.
Beast.
Banshee.
Darwin.
Polaris.
Colossus/Sunspot/Psylocke.
Moira McTaggert.

Brotherhood of Mutants.
Magneto.
Mystique.
Azazel.
Riptide.
Angel Salvadore.
Avalanche.
Juggernaut/Domino/Blob/Sabretooth.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #179
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

What would I like to see in the sequel?

- I would like to see various instances of Charles Xavier getting drunk, and being really blunt (at least at the beginning) every time he sees Magneto or Mystique, and I would really like Mystique to visit Charles in her Raven form:

Charles: Why would you come here? looking like that.
Raven: I thought it would make you happy, I wanna see you happy, you're my brother after all.
Charles: You left me to die, I don't think I know you anymore.

- I would like to see as the new member of the X-Men: Cecilia Reyes, that could bring some interesting Civil Rights conversations, she could see the whole idea of the school and the X-Men as really ridiculous, which would bring a nice outsider dynamic to the thing, she could also be the new romantic interest and she could serve as Charles personal physician, he was after all recently disabled.

- I would like to see the construction of the real Cerebro.

- I would like a Brotherhood/X-Men secret romance between Angel and Havok.

- I would also like a subplot, for a future installment, of Emma visiting her brother in jail (I know she doesn't have one), and that her brother also has a diamond form, but unlike his sister, prolonged short range exposure to many human brainwaves causes him to become a Proteus-like creature. This would explain why Emma would like to destroy humanity, and it could also lead to a nice exchange:

Someone Frost: You wouldn't last a day in jail.
Emma Frost: You'd be surprised. We Frosts can be patient.

- I would like some bookend Erik-Charles scenes.

- I would enjoy to see more of the discrimination of mutants, and would really love if mutants were exposed in some sort of often mentioned Time Magazine article, and have people ask if its contagious or anything.

- I would like that whoever the villain is, that villain in the third act is defeated by Magneto who from then on takes the rest of the movie as the main villain and confronts the X-Men.

- Riptide dies in an anti-mutant revolt (Preferably off-screen).

- I would enjoy a scene of Mystique playfully fighting against Beast, and taking his form, which would prevent Havok from helping him, in a nice mirror scene from "X-Men".

- I would like to see Charles use Cerebro in an offensive way, at least once, and the of course regret it.

The teams would be:

X-Men: Xavier, Havok, Banshee, Beast, Cecilia Reyes.
Brotherhood: Magneto, Mystique, Emma Frost, Angel, Azazel.

Five againts, five looks fair.

Well, that's pretty much what I would like, it's pretty fan-fictiony, but I would really enjoy seeing anything I mentioned on a screen near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Thoughts? Would adding Cyclops and Storm screw up continuity unless they publicly declare it's a reboot/relaunch for next film?
If they announce a complete reboot then just bring those characters back as fast as possible, two in this one, the reamining one in the next one, or all three in the sequel.

If it's not a reboot, then it would be nice to see Havok visit his old house and see from afar that his parents have a new child...

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #180
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

X-Men

Professor Charles Xavier / Professor X
Sean Cassidy / Banshee
Alex Summers / Havok
Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy / Beast
Xi'an Coy Manh / Karma
Douglas Ramsey / Cypher

Brotherhood

Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Mystique
Emma Frost / White Queen
Angel Salvadore
Azazel
Janos Quested / Riptide

Project Wideawake

Henry Peter Gyrich
Val Cooper
Bolivar Trask

Mutants captured by Project Widewake

Dominikos Ioannis Petrakis / Avalanche
Pietro Maximoff / Quicksilver
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch
Frederick J. Dukes / Blob
Calvin Rankin / Mimic
Tabitha Smith
/ Boom-Boom

Last edited by HR-PUFF&STUFF; 06-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #181
psyonic
X-Man

I am watching 'Damages' with Rose Byrne and Glenn Close and Glenn Close would be my top choice to play Cassandra Nova. Glenn has an intelligent and scary presence, even though she isn't evil on the show, she is cutthroat and relentless. I am blown away by her performance.

Cassandra Nova would be a very interesting villain in a post X3 movie. I've always liked her character. Xavier's anti-thesis, she is a scary and formidable opponent who is on her own side and will wipe out the mutant race without remorse (she was responsible for wiping out Genosha).

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #182
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

My ideas

X-Men: Second Class
New X-Men member- Polaris, Sunfire
X-Men team- Professor X, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Polaris, Sunfire
Main villain- Mr. Sinister
Supporting villains- Magneto, Emma Frost, Mystique, Omega Red, Chimera
Deaths- Angel Salvadore, Azazel, Riptide, Chimera, Omega Red

-In the first scene, Angel Salvadore, Azazel and Riptide were killed by the Sentinels.
-Magneto teams up with Mr. Sinister to destroy the humans and Sentinels.
-Chimera and Omega Red are the minions of Mr. Sinister while Mystique and Emma Frost are the minions of Magneto.
-The Americans and Russians teamed up and created Sentinels to hunt and destroy mutants.
-Professor X opened the School for Gifted Mutants.
-Havok has a crush and the name of his crush is Polaris, they became a couple and Polaris joined the fighting X-Men team.
-Sunfire a X-student, who is great at the Danger Room sessions and later became a part of the fighting X-Men team.
-Professor X went to the American government and had an agreement with the President to stop the evil mutants in exchange for the cancellation of the Sentinel program.
-Mr. Sinister and Magneto had a fall-out in the end and they became mortal enemies.

X-Men: Third Class
New X-Men members- Cyclops, Storm
X-Men team- Professor X, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Polaris, Sunfire, Cyclops, Storm
Allies- Magneto, Emma Frost, Mystique
Main villain- Mr. Sinister
Supporting villains- Selene, Jean Grey, Avalanche
Deaths- Avalanche, Banshee, Emma Frost, Selene, Mr. Sinister
Leaving the X-Men- Beast, Polaris, Havok, Sunfire
Cameos- Iceman, Sabretooth, Toad

-Young Cyclops and young Storm came to the X-Mansion and eventually they became a member of the fighting X-Men team.
-Iceman (as a small kid) also came to the X-Mansion and showed some icy powers.
-Magneto, Emma Frost and Mystique teams up with the X-Men to destroy Mr. Sinister.
-The major Marauders team consists of Mr. Sinister, Selene (the leading lady), teenager Jean Grey (as Dark Phoenix) and Avalanche.
-Mr. Sinister has a laboratory/factory filled with mutants, he is kinda like a Stryker but he's a doctor and a mutant. His biggest weapon is Phoenix.
-Banshee was killed when the X-Jet crashed.
-In a fight between two female mutants, Selene killed Emma Frost.
-Mr. Sinister was defeated by Cyclops and Beast. Selene was defeated by Storm and Polaris. Avalanche was defeated by Havok and Sunfire.
-Professor X blocked Jean Grey's Phoenix powers and evilness. Jean Grey became a X-Student and eventually a member of the fighting X-Men team.
-When Mr. Sinister was defeated, Magneto recruited some mutants who were locked in the cells, he recruited Sabretooth and Toad.
-Cyclops started to show some signs of interest to Jean Grey.
-Beast left the X-Men because he wants to work with the goverment and he wants to fight for mutant rights.
-Havok and Polaris got married in the end after that they moved out of the X-Mansion to start a family.
-Sunfire left the X-Men to go back to his country, Japan.
-Professor X, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey became the remaining member of the fighting X-Men team.
-In the last scene, Professor X sent Cyclops and Storm into a mission, a mission to rescue Rogue and Wolverine.

The Wolverine
Main villain- Silver Samurai
Deaths- Silver Samurai
Cameos- Lady Deathstrike

-Japan is the location.
-Lady Deathstrike is a cousin of Silver Samurai.

X-Men 4
New X-Men member- Psylocke
X-Men team- Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Iceman, Angel, Colossus
Main villain- Apocalypse
Supporting villains- Ozymandias, Marrow, Spiral
Deaths- Marrow, Spiral

-Psylocke as a member of the S.T.R.I.K.E. organization teamed up with the X-Men to defeat Apocalypse.
-Rogue's powers came back and she is now stronger.
-New actor for Colossus.
-Apocalypse wants to conquer the world. Ozymandias is his hand-mand. While Marrow and Spiral are like the bodyguards.
-Psylocke was asked to be a member of the X-Men and she accepted the offer.
-Spiral killed Angel.
-Marrow was defeated by Psylocke. Spiral was defeated by Colossus. Ozymandias was defeated by Rogue.
-Apocalypse was almost defeated by Storm and Wolverine but he escaped together with Ozymandias.
-In the end, Angel became Archangel and became the 1st horseman of Apocalypse.

X-Men 5
New X-Men members- Bishop, Forge
X-Men team- Wolverine, Storm, Bishop, Psylocke, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Forge
Main villain- Apocalypse
Supporting villains- Ozymandias, Archangel, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Gambit
Deaths- Apocalypse, Ozymandias, Archangel, Colossus, Iceman
Leaving- Bishop

-Bishop and Forge arrived from an alternate universe. They came to help the X-Men and to change the timeline.
-Forge is Storm's love interest.
-Apocalypse is back together with Ozymandias and Apocalypse has a group of horsemen.
-The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse consists of Archangel, Cyclops, Emma Frost and Gambit. They were dead until Apocalypse resurrected them.
-Emma Frost versus Psylocke, Cyclops versus Storm, Gambit versus Wolverine, Archangel versus Colossus.
-Apocalypse and Ozymandias were defeated by X-Men.
-Iceman, Colossus and Archangel were killed during the final battle.
-I decided to kill-off Iceman, Colossus and Angel to make some room for the new/returning X-Men members for X-Men 6.
-Cyclops, Emma Frost and Gambit were saved from Apocalypse's spell.
-Bishop went back to his universe while Forge stayed to be with Storm.
-Cyclops came back to the X-Men. While Emma Frost and Gambit were offered a spot in the X-Men, both accepted the offer.
-Gambit comforted Rogue when Rogue was dealing with Iceman's death.

X-Men 6
X-Men team- Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Forge

-I don't have a lot of ideas for this one but I have some.
-Comeback of Magneto and Professor X?
-Cyclops is now the X-Men leader.
-A relationship between Cyclops and Emma Frost started.
-Gambit and Rogue became a couple.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #183
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

It's a proper prequel.