The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #126
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Tale of Two Ravens

Look at how much a character like Anakin Skywalker changed from the first 2 decades of his life to the last 2 decades of it.

I don't think Raven completely HATES Charles in the first two films; I mean if Magneto has some form of care left for him, then I would assume it would be the same for Raven as well.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #127
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Villains rarely see themselves or their actions as villainous; this is especially true of Star Wars and all 3 of the main X-Men films, and appears to be the case with First Class as well.

In the main films, Mystique does seem to be a bit more aggressive at times towards Xavier and the X-Men than Magneto, and FC shows us why.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #128
DoomGuy91
Side-Kick

This has been ERASED.

Last edited by DoomGuy91; 06-07-2011 at 10:59 PM.
DoomGuy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #129
psyonic
X-Man

If there is a sequel coming out, I can see the humans doing something to her that will make her hate them i.e. throwing Nightcrawler into a river (a play on what happened in the comics), of course he might not even be in a sequel but that would seem like a logical reason for her to hate humans more.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #130
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGuy91 View Post
Actually when i said Raven was a psycho in X1, i meant her personality and actions throughout the whole original trilogy.

And you REALLY, think Magneto's stance upon humanity is justified and Charles is a dick for not wanting to fight humanity?

First of all, please don't generalize humans, humanity did not try to kill the mutants, some humans tried to.

And Magneto's beliefs can be put on the level similar to Nazism. He is actually quite similar to Hitler, he sees non-mutants as inferior, and believes mutants should rule the world. He actually wants to wipe out normal humans. Magneto and his crew may think they are separating themselves from mankind, but in reality, they are just another part of Man's sins.

Charles is not an idiot and ill explain. Throughout history, there have been differences in mankind, whether this be different races, ethnicity, nationalities, religious groups, etc. And in many cases, humans have been able to work together and destroy certain racism to create a better society regardless of there differences stated above. Although mutants tend to separate themselves from mankind, they are technically human, their only a sub-species of Man, not an entirely separate species. This means they have a human mindset, which also means their is the possibility that they could work together with normal humans to create a better future for all of Man. Charles believes this, because when it comes down to it, non-mutants and mutants are ALL HUMAN. He has seen the greatness that humanity has achieved in the past, and believes it can happen again.

OR

Do you prefer Magneto's ways, which would cause a world war between mutants and normals? Regardless of which side would win, it would become the worst war in the history of mankind (worst then WW2).

So the idiot is really Magneto. He thinks humanity is "flawed" and because of that, it must be rid of. However he forgets that mutants are from humanity, and can think like normal humans (be good, or bad, show love, hate, jealously, etc). So even if all the normals were wiped out, humanity and the human condition would live on with the mutants. For their would still be crime, wars, etc. That is why Magneto is the idiot.
Why are you asking me what I think, when I was clearly taking about what Mystique and Magneto think?

What is it with you guys?? You are pushing your own opinions on these characters.

Magneto, and Mystique since she's his soldier...DO think that humanity will kill mutants.

And you say that only "some" humans would...but as PROVEN in First Class...that "some" includes THE LEADERS OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRIES...THOSE WHO HAVE THE POWER AND ARMIES TO DO IT! Magneto doesn't care if some homeless man loves mutants...the people with nuclear weapons want to kill them.

Again...please try to understand...MAGNETO (and therefore Mystique) feels that humans are inferior...I do NOT. This thread is talking about THE MOVIE CHARACTERS opinions...what my opinion is hardly matters.

We should all just stop saying what we think the characters should have felt, or how you would feel in their position...this thread is about how they DID feel and WHY...not whether or not we feel they came to the right conclusion.

I have repeatedly had to state this in this thread, over and over and over again. I am talking about THEIR opinions.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #131
DoomGuy91
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Why are you asking me what I think, when I was clearly taking about what Mystique and Magneto think?

What is it with you guys?? You are pushing your own opinions on these characters.

Magneto, and Mystique since she's his soldier...DO think that humanity will kill mutants.

And you say that only "some" humans would...but as PROVEN in First Class...that "some" includes THE LEADERS OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRIES...THOSE WHO HAVE THE POWER AND ARMIES TO DO IT! Magneto doesn't care if some homeless man loves mutants...the people with nuclear weapons want to kill them.

Again...please try to understand...MAGNETO (and therefore Mystique) feels that humans are inferior...I do NOT. This thread is talking about THE MOVIE CHARACTERS opinions...what my opinion is hardly matters.

We should all just stop saying what we think the characters should have felt, or how you would feel in their position...this thread is about how they DID feel and WHY...not whether or not we feel they came to the right conclusion.

I have repeatedly had to state this in this thread, over and over and over again. I am talking about THEIR opinions.
Sorry about that. I just read your earlier post as your opinion. I really shouldn't have flamed you like that, it was unnecessary since it wasn't even your opinion that you were stating.

DoomGuy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #132
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Villains rarely see themselves or their actions as villainous; this is especially true of Star Wars and all 3 of the main X-Men films, and appears to be the case with First Class as well.

In the main films, Mystique does seem to be a bit more aggressive at times towards Xavier and the X-Men than Magneto, and FC shows us why.
How does FC show us why Mystique is more agressive? If anything the two Mystiques are the most unrelated characters out of any between what is shown in FC and what is shown in X1-3. Yeah, she stops being insecure, but she has hate towards humans in X1-3 and no real hate in FC. Her motivation for being aggressive is never given FC, and is really not needed which is perhaps the reason it isn't shown.

Also, how is her wanting to hurt Charles in X1 developed in anyway in FC? It isn't and the reason is because her relationship with Charles in FC was never thought of until they decided to make FC; therefore, saying her aggression towards him in X1 is given a purpose makes no sense.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote