The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #101
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: Fuse

I just read the article in my issue of Game Informer. I think this game looks awesome and I'm still very excited for it. From some of the snippets of dialogue, it seems less like Incredibles and more like Firefly, which I am one hundred percent on board for.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #102
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

I recommend everyone check out this video...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is similar to the presentation we had at their Burbank studio. It's very informative and shows you the potential of this franchise.

Enjoy!

Resistance61513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #103
Nathan

Yeah, still not happy with the tone change.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #104
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I looooove the look of this game. I believe the future of gaming is not in realism, but in style.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #105
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance61513 View Post
I recommend everyone check out this video...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is similar to the presentation we had at their Burbank studio. It's very informative and shows you the potential of this franchise.

Enjoy!
thank you that was indeed very informative. I not sure I like ther their throw the word's secret agent and merc's as being the same thing since this more like a "soldier merc style "deal then an actual team off secret agents.(But it's a minor grip to look over, even though real life soldiers and secret agent can't stand being put in same place as merc's ) The skill progression tree looks interesting and I like the team base combo's. hmm I not sue i like that nya's back ground was changed thief to assassin as I feel the first one would have done and still put her at odd with her old man if he was the just the latter in the family and she just kept her profession, but doesn't like him cause of what he does. but any way it won't be a problem ether. I keep an eye on it.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #106
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yeah, still not happy with the tone change.
QFT. They had something that looked pretty unique before. Right now its just not a game I am interested in.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #107
zenith16
Side-Kick

Even after Overstrike, Insomniac's Fuse continues to change

(2 hours ago)

Even if you happen to be the biggest fan of Insomniac's Fuse, formerly called Overstrike and coming to consoles next year, you may have missed one little detail in the brand new video released by Insomniac and EA yesterday. Izzy Sinclair, the hacking and healing main character, has a brand new look to her clothing, something that's a little more casual than the tactical gear she was wearing on the previous preview footage.

That's a change that came directly from player feedback, Insomniac's Ted Price told Joystiq yesterday, and he says there may be more coming. "We're continuing to tweak the game's look and colors," he suggested. Insomniac's fans have been very vocal about the change from the game's original concept back when it was called Overstrike, and Price admits that "there are always going to be questions about our tone shift and that's just something we accept."

But Price also says that despite the back and forth about the game's tone, the development team is also getting clear input about the gameplay itself. "The most gratifying feedback we have gotten recently, he says, "has been from our playtests, where we see both the press here and overseas and then occasionally consumers play the game. We've been really positively surprised with how quickly people pick it up, how readily they begin working as a team and just how happy with how much fun they're having."

Continue Reading

Fuse screens head to cooler climes

(6 hours ago)

Insomniac has sent along a group of new screens for Fuse, which you may remember as Overstrike. In the shots below you can see the Overstrike 9 team up close in the tech lab where they initially find the Fuse weapons, and in a new snow-swathed landscape. The game's coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 ... Continue Reading

and here's what those armor's look like.

more details on Insomniac's official site

source: Joystiq & GI Insomniac Games

Last edited by zenith16; 11-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #108
zenith16
Side-Kick

• This Is Fuse's Box Art

News
    on Nov 27, 2012 at 02:00 PM

Insomniac Games released the final North American box art for Fuse. Hope you like the color orange.
    ... More
source:GI

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #109
zenith16
Side-Kick

Insomniac boss Ted Price explains Fuse's box art

(1 hour ago)

and and other article on their co-op mode

Insurmountable odds in Fuse's wave-based 'Echelon Mode'

(1 hour ago)

and Game play video

source: joystiq & Gamespot

Last edited by zenith16; 12-19-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #110
zenith16
Side-Kick

Fuse

Gameplay Interview

Ted Price drops the knowledge bomb, backed by hard statistics and tantalizing gameplay about the gun-tacular Fuse.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #111
zenith16
Side-Kick

• EA Delays Fuse

News
    on Jan 30, 2013 at 04:51 PM

Insomniac's upcoming PS3/360 sci-fi shooter has been pushed back deeper into the Spring.
    ... More

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #112
zenith16
Side-Kick

Oddball world of Fuse: Splicing the Insomniac DNA with Smash TV

(3 hours ago)

Fuse is a difficult game to preview; it's a busy experience with plenty of interconnected systems and a HUD that brims over with symbols, numbers and meters of various sorts. Insomniac's coming shooter thumbs its nose at the current era of clean user interfaces, which attempt to disguise vital information in natural ways, in favor of the bright-as-can-be notices found in old-school arcade games. It's a retro style that, in the face of modern titles, feels decidedly fresh. Further complicating the experience is the ever-present nature of your squad, working together as a foursome set out to destroy enemy lines.

The trick with Fuse is that the four-person squad is always present: whether you're playing with friends, computer-controlled bots, or a mixture of the two. Fuse features a "Leap" system, allowing players to jump quickly between each character to command their unique skills. Insomniac says its goal is to give players the opportunity to fill every role.

"We've built this game from the ground up with that in mind," Insomniac president and CEO Ted Price tells Joystiq. "We wanted to make sure that there are always four characters in the game but you can have just as much fun by yourself, or with one friend, two friends, or three friends. So that's been our design mantra from the very beginning."Fuse (02/18/2013)

Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #113
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah I forgot to put this up over the week end? but it's been dated

Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #114
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Awww yeah!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #115
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok I'm turning in I'll most likely be busy tomorrow ( it is tomorrow, I mean when there day light for me.) any way this was put up they lead you to what was recorded of this stream on the game.

Insomniac Streams Lots Of Fuse Gameplay

Preview
on Apr 03, 2013 at 07:34 PM

Earlier today, Insomniac streamed a long portion of gameplay though one of Fuse's early levels.
... More

Last edited by zenith16; 04-04-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #116
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I liked the original character designs a lot more .

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #117
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I liked the original character designs a lot more .
well every one keeps saying that But it's a lost cause now. They made their chose.There are alot they could have done to make this stand out cause some how I bet this will get over looked over by alot of people.

The co-op will be fun, but some of it alot of people may say this has been done before to some degree. I also don't like it that the pushing them as american style (or the international version of it) secret agents from how they were/ still talking there's some spy theme there and it's more merc/ military then that in actually.

But it's a minor grip. but I feel they need to know the difference and stop throwing those words as if their interchangable. epecially since soldier and merc keep sayin the big between them selves and spies. but I'm dropping it. the parts I do see look like it'll be fun but more could be added. they said there's a demo coming.

We'll see if people will like it and then it's up to reviews next to what people say when the full game comes out and have played it.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-05-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #118
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I dunno, the E3 preview made it look like it would have this sort of fun sense of humor and comedy style that is jettisoned now.

I don't know what everyone outside Hype is saying.

I just wonder what triggered all the design changes. Now I know the preview we saw at E3 was just like a big cinematic and not any actual gameplay, but still that style and essence of what we saw looks better than the direction they are now going in.

Now granted, I will still check this game out and give it a go. It still could be pretty cool. I'm just a little disappointed they decided to go in a different direction.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #119
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah what I'm saying is that's the general consensus in other places or half of it as others have written it off already . The prior half are waiting on the Demo and reviews but are a bit disappointed.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #120
zenith16
Side-Kick

so I mentioned a demo's coming, here's the date of when May 28th

No online pass for Fuse, demo 'closer to release'

(10 hours ago)

Insomniac Games will present a demo prior to Fuse's launch on May 28, for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players, the developer has confirmed in an online FAQ. Fuse will support split-screen and online play, lacks micro-transactions and will not ship with an online pass.

Originally billed as Overstrike, Fuse was delayed earlier this year before a final launch date of May 28 was settled upon. All pre-orders unlock additional gear for each of the headless four protagonists.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #121
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

No, May 28th is the games release, not the demo.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #122
zenith16
Side-Kick

sorry my bad I was in a hurry when i wrote that. that is the launch date

Last edited by zenith16; 04-09-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #123
zenith16
Side-Kick

Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #124
zenith16
Side-Kick

New trailer
  • Fuse

Fable Vision Trailer

Insomniac Games' Four-V-All Co-op shooter is out May 28th. Check out this latest trailer for new gameplay and story details!
source: GT

Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #125
Nathan

*sigh* My interest for this game still hasn't increased at all. They killed all my excitement for the game when they got rid of that Pixar flair.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote