The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
Donut
Side-Kick

Default Re: WiiU

If one person uses the Wii U would every player playing that Wii Game also need that new controller ? Or will it be backwards compatible with the Wii controller ?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #27
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Wait is this thing motion controlled? I thought/hoped they'd take that much further and create a new controller that read your entire body movements or something. A bit too space aged at this stage, I suppose. But that iPad....er WiiU controller doesn't look like a user-friendly motion controller.

And if so are they just planning to reuse Wii controllers? On one hand that is nice because the Wii controller in an HD system (as Nintendo has proven they're the only company who can consistently produce great motion controls with EA, Activision or someone else getting it right once every two years, it seems) is very cool. At the same time I hear the PS3 knock-off (Cloud or some such nonesense?) is more intuitive. If so, I thought they'd try to push motion controls further.

Honestly, I don't think Wii was a gimmick. It was an innovative system that unfortunately did not have a lot of innovative games on it. But it changed the way people played and perceived games. But this thing looks like Wii HD with a gimmick DS controller. I am reeling from disappointment and I wasn't even following this thing until a week ago.

--John Adams
Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
DACrowe
Side-Kick

double

--John Adams
Old 06-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #29
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Wait is this thing motion controlled? I thought/hoped they'd take that much further and create a new controller that read your entire body movements or something. A bit too space aged at this stage, I suppose. But that iPad....er WiiU controller doesn't look like a user-friendly motion controller.

And if so are they just planning to reuse Wii controllers? On one hand that is nice because the Wii controller in an HD system (as Nintendo has proven they're the only company who can consistently produce great motion controls with EA, Activision or someone else getting it right once every two years, it seems) is very cool. At the same time I hear the PS3 knock-off (Cloud or some such nonesense?) is more intuitive. If so, I thought they'd try to push motion controls further.

Honestly, I don't think Wii was a gimmick. It was an innovative system that unfortunately did not have a lot of innovative games on it. But it changed the way people played and perceived games. But this thing looks like Wii HD with a gimmick DS controller. I am reeling from disappointment and I wasn't even following this thing until a week ago.
The Wii U will be using both the i-Pad like controller, Wii Remote, and Wii Balance Board.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
samsnee
Side-Kick

This seems a step back. Going from a simple motion controller to a touchpad screen that you have to hold up to the tv doesn't seem like fun. I don't see families doing a game night around this thing.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #31
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Games with inventories are gonna be super easy on this sucker. Resident Evil, Zelda, that sorta thing.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #32
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
This consoles sounds like it stinks. WEEE UUUUU
The name reminds me of Ling from Kung Pow.

"Wee-ooh-wee-ooh-wee!"

Old 06-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
This seems a step back. Going from a simple motion controller to a touchpad screen that you have to hold up to the tv doesn't seem like fun. I don't see families doing a game night around this thing.
They aren't supposed to, that's why it's Wii U. The Wii was "we", the Wii U is "you"... at least that's what they were trying to say during the conference.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #34
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I will say this for Nintendo, they don't give a **** about being hip or edgy when it comes to names.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #35
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I'm actually excited about the controller with the touchpad. It's a more traditional layout (analog sticks, buttons, shoulder triggers) that will shut some people up. I think the screen can be really interesting because there's a lot of potential for its uses.

If you played Four Swords Adventure with the GBA link, you could play with many people and each of you go into a different cave/dungeon room and look at your GBA to see your Link. I can see that being one type of example. Not to mention the obvious inventory/map screens you're used to seeing in menus.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #36
Soapy
It's happening again...

Yeah, I think the controller is awesome.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #37
Ipodman
Love Tension

So no word yet about 3D? And I wonder if that new controller has motion control. Imagine swinging that huge thing around...

Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #38
Soapy
It's happening again...

It's got motion control.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #39
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

This is gonna be weird. I'm not sure if I'm behind this, because I still have my Wii, but just got done selling off pretty much all the games for it. I did not see the need to trade my Wii in for an equal amount that I got off Mario Galaxy 2, so I've kept the system just in case. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy, but I don't really know where I stand on this yet. It looks yet again innovative, but at the same time, it seems like another gimmick that will get old in a few months time. I mean I really had no problem with the Wii originally until I got the connect, and realized that mtion-based games just don't feel as good when they are remote based, versus something that actually reacts to your own body.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #40
Ipodman
Love Tension

If you like dancing games, Kinect is definitely better. Dancing on the wii is just swinging your arm.

And... SMASH BROTHERS 4!!!!

Last edited by Ipodman; 06-08-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #41
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...s-success.html Not a good sign.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ld-separately/ This is stupid. What a joke.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #42
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

So IF I get an off-line MP game,I could only get Wii controllers with one person using the tablet!?!?.....WTF!?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #43
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
That is ****ed up. I won't mind buying the new Console but to be forced to buy a new Console when you want more Controllers for other people playing is stupid. This has fail all over it. I guess Ebay people will take advantage of this failure

Old 06-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #44
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

The thing uses Wii Motes for other players, Wii boards, and maybe even gamecube controllers so calm your asses down.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
Donut
Side-Kick

How do you think a group of kids playing say Mario Kart Wii would feel when only one kid gets to use the new controller with his own screen & the others are stuck with split screen which they would say is cheating since Nintendo will not let more then one person use the new controller ? This will cause problems when it comes to kids playing the Wii U

Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #46
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

You do not possibly know that. Not one bit. You're overreacting.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #47
Donut
Side-Kick

Any smart parent with more then one kid that may want this would ask before buying

Can more then one kid use the new controller ? Store dude or chick says no & then parent says **** that

Thankfully its still very early & Nintendo can fix this

Old 06-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #48
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Ah, fan boys on the internet, you can guarantee they will flip the hell out before you even know the slightest bit more about something.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #49
Donut
Side-Kick

Time will tell if one controller per console & player will effect sales & I hope it does

Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #50
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

so, the controller is 200 bucks right?

Closed Thread