The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #76
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Default Re: WiiU

I'm liking this thing more and more I hear about it to be honest. It's even got me playing my Wii again.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #77
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Apparently Beyond Good & Evil 2 might be coming to Wii U.
Where'd you hear this?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #78
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Let me see if I can scrounge this up.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #79
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

BGE2 is like 3 years from being released anyway.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #80
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Ah. Basically the developer said in a interview it'd skip this generation and I guess a bunch of people assumed he meant WiiU, nevermind then.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #81
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Investing in a new console is never cheap, but considering the main input method for the Wii U is a controller with a screen in it, we were understandably daunted by the idea of having to buy multiple WiiPads. According to Shigeru Miyamoto (probably known best as the senior producer on Chibi Robo) we needn't have worried.

Miyamoto told GamePro that the Wii U will only support one WiiPad, explaining that if the company had wanted to do multiple touchscreens it would have found a way to let players use 3DS systems with the new console.

Miyamoto didn't rule out the possibility of letting you take your WiiPad to a friends house and linking up play somehow, but it doesn't seem to be actively in the works at the moment.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/wi...ts-one-wiipad/

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #82
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I recall reading that the WiiU will support 2 pads but only come with one. As long as they make a wireless Classic Controller Pro and/or GC controller, I don't see it being an issue.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #83
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Not according to Miyamoto. It just supports one, at the moment. I'm sure it will change though.

IIII
Old 06-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #84
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Problem with consoles like this is, they don't any good games. They've got all this technology and they end up making Super Mario Brothers, or whatever the hell they're gonna make.

This sounds interesting, and may very well be my first Wii purchase.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #85
Tron Bonne
Nothing Less Than 100%

Quote:
Ah. Basically the developer said in a interview it'd skip this generation and I guess a bunch of people assumed he meant WiiU, nevermind then.
Oh, well, that sucks.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #86
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

question to you Wii owners

since the Wii has an internal HD, can you use it to save Gamecube game progress on there or do you need a memory card? i ask this because my Gamecube has been on the fritz lately and instead of just buying another Gamecube, i am considering buying a Wii instead.

i was thinking of holding off on buying a Wii and just get the WiiU instead, but since it seems that it won't play Gamecube games then i'll just get a Wii. it's a good price right now and there are several games i am intereted in, but there Gamecube games that i still play every now and then

Old 06-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #87
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

The Wii only has internal flash memory (512 MB IIRC). You cannot save GC data directly onto it, you have to use GC memory cards.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #88
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
Not according to Miyamoto. It just supports one, at the moment. I'm sure it will change though.
I imagine that there will be changes, especially the multiple Wii-Pad usage. Games like Madden NFL would be so much better with multiple Wii-Pads.

And here's to hoping that Nintendo will add in GameCube functionality. I'd be very surprised if Nintendo doesn't include the Virtual Console in the Wii U, and unless they plan to make GameCube games downloadable, it would be ****ed up if you can play every Nintendo system on the Wii U except for the GameCube.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #89
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

I never understood why systems after Dreamcast didn't utilize a controller monitor in some way. it feels like the xbox and PS controls would be perfect for a small, gameboy like screen attached to controllers.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #90
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If this thing takes off, they will.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #91
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Problem with consoles like this is, they don't any good games. They've got all this technology and they end up making Super Mario Brothers, or whatever the hell they're gonna make.

This sounds interesting, and may very well be my first Wii purchase.
Considering the Mario games are always quality and awesome fun, as well as Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 were two of the greatest games of this generation, I don't see this as a bad thing.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #92
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

But Mario doesn't carry a gun and shoot Nazis! Like all my other X360 and PS3 FPS. He's so lame.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #93
Parker Wayne

The problem with Nintendo has been the same since Gamecube, they're 3rd party support has been mediocre to bad compared to other systems, and I'd say the Wii has been the worst example of it. Whenever I play with friends or family, it's a first party game Nintendo made. In fact, there are few 3rd party Wii games we play a lot.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #94
Parker Wayne

Quote:
But Mario doesn't carry a gun and shoot Nazis! Like all my other X360 and PS3 FPS. He's so lame.

You were saying?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #95
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

That sir is photochopped. I know because I have experience and I can tell by the pixels.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #96
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
The problem with Nintendo has been the same since Gamecube, they're 3rd party support has been mediocre to bad compared to other systems, and I'd say the Wii has been the worst example of it. Whenever I play with friends or family, it's a first party game Nintendo made. In fact, there are few 3rd party Wii games we play a lot.
I feel like the 3rd party problem with the Wii that Nintendo will have to be careful with for the WiiU is that all the 3rd party games that were on Wii where ports of a much bigger, brighter and huger game on the PS3/360. They are going to have find a way to get around that, by having better graphics, a reason to buy a multi-platform game on their system, and 3rd party created franchises that people want to buy their system exclusively for.

Hopefully all the big dogs have some form of Nintendo Exclusive IP in the creation stages right now.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #97
Parker Wayne

Quote:
That sir is photochopped. I know because I have experience and I can tell by the pixels.
No it's not.

It's the gritty reboot of Super Mario where Mario kills an evil Luigi clone.

Quote:
I feel like the 3rd party problem with the Wii that Nintendo will have to be careful with for the WiiU is that all the 3rd party games that were on Wii where ports of a much bigger, brighter and huger game on the PS3/360. They are going to have find a way to get around that, by having better graphics, a reason to buy a multi-platform game on their system, and 3rd party created franchises that people want to buy their system exclusively for.

Hopefully all the big dogs have some form of Nintendo Exclusive IP in the creation stages right now.
Their way around that was supposed to be the Wii. They believed that if they create technology that's different from the norm of video game systems that they would attract developers to their system. What they got was were loads of Shovelware and developers that didn't really want to spend the time to fully explore the potential of what the Wii could do.

The only way to attract developers is to create technology and what attracts them are normal, but powerful game systems (oh, and being able to make M-rated games without being discourage by Nintendo to do so).

Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #98
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Nintendo Wii U console shown off in its bright, minimalistic entirety
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....06/wii-u-2.jpg

Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #99
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The Wii U comes with one Wii U Controller. Each console will support only one of these controllers; Kotaku broke the news that Nintendo is looking into games that support two Wii U controllers. But why is Nintendo planning to release the console with single Wii U Controller support? "There's a cost issue," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told Japanese business site Diamond Online. According to Iwata, Nintendo aims to have the console and games support one Wii U Controller.
"Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers," Iwata said. However, this will result in a "considerable" price increase.
According to Iwata, "We're not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers."
Multiple Wii U Controller support makes more sense to me than, say, Wii Balance Board support.
This isn't the first thing Nintendo has nixed from the Wii U due to pricetag hikes; the Wii U will not have Blu-ray or DVD movie playback due to patent costs. Not sure if Nintendo's smart or simply stingy.
http://kotaku.com/5812512/multiple-w...e-a-cost-issue

IIII
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #100
Benstamania
Shot first.

Is anyone shocked that this system will only come with one controller? It's not like that's different.

Revelation 22:20
Closed Thread