The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #26
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Default Re: Extremis

^ This.

Recasts, yes. Reboots, no. Reboots are only necessary once you're written yourself into a corner. The MCU is decades away from that point. They're only just getting started.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
Bubonic
Banned User

I definitely agree with the no reboots clause.
MCU has something good going, they really haven't produced any awful movies, they've established a functional universe, and when I'm an old man I want to have a library of 20 or more interconnected films.

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
Sentinel X
optical illusion

I'm cool with reboots. These are comic book films, meaning that they have had many different perspectives and takes on their respective characters in the past. Its really no big deal as long as studios give it some time from the last film.
I don't understand how people can be so anti-reboot...in cases like Batman & Robin, did you really want a sequel to that?

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Sentinel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #29
Bubonic
Banned User

That's apples and turds when you start comparing batman & robin to anything Marvel Studios has released.

I just don't feel that any of the Marvel Studios productions warrant going back to formula.

I'm anti reboot of these particular franchises because I don't want to always have to start over again like some cinematic ragnarok.

The films so far have been fine, I'd like them to be taken as canon, I'd like 10 years down the line to have an Iron Man movie that'll be part of the canon established by the ones we are seeing now.

I honestly wouldn't even need pure Iron Man movies at that point, or Captain America movies, or anything else, but Marvel movies, when the individual stories get exhausted we can have movies when 2 or more heroes work closely together, not necessarily the Avengers, but things like Iron Man teaming up with Dr.Strange for whatever reason.

Bubonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #30
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Reboots are a sign of writers having run out of all other options. They're Plan Z. I don't want that anywhere near my MCU.

Also, what Bubonic said.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #31
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic View Post
That's apples and turds when you start comparing batman & robin to anything Marvel Studios has released.

I just don't feel that any of the Marvel Studios productions warrant going back to formula.

I'm anti reboot of these particular franchises because I don't want to always have to start over again like some cinematic ragnarok.

The films so far have been fine, I'd like them to be taken as canon, I'd like 10 years down the line to have an Iron Man movie that'll be part of the canon established by the ones we are seeing now.

I honestly wouldn't even need pure Iron Man movies at that point, or Captain America movies, or anything else, but Marvel movies, when the individual stories get exhausted we can have movies when 2 or more heroes work closely together, not necessarily the Avengers, but things like Iron Man teaming up with Dr.Strange for whatever reason.
I agree. They should really only do it when they have finished telling the current stories and wanted a clean slate many years down the line. Most of the time, they should just recast the actor(s) and continue the series instead.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #32
tamron
Side-Kick

I wouldn't want to see them go full on Extremis were the armor is inside him. However, I wouldn't mind if it was just an undersheath connected to Jarvis that allows him to call the armor to him from anywhere. I think that can work a little more plausibly within the pseudo-reality that's been established.

tamron is offline   Reply With Quote