Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 AM   #101
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Yeah now that you point it out he hasnt been all that classy.
Agreed.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #102
WeasleyIsRKing
Side-Kick

Ok, well I haven't seen all her movies, but from what I've seen her in I'd say she has range and ability to do both drama and comedy, to do both dark and light scenes. I hope that they actually give her something to do in this movie...that they utilize her talents and give her some meat opposite Cavill's Supes/Clark.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #103
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Yeah, I agree. Adams's acting range is incredible. She is undoubtedly one of the best female actors of her generation.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

That and Amy is perhaps the first actress to play the character of Lois in a live medium who already has a well established acting career and is well known by the GA prior to her casting as Lois.

From what I've checked, all of her previous live action predecessors before her weren't as established in their careers, or nowhere near as established as Amy was prior towards landing the role, so Amy's popularity with the GA is definitely a plus going into this film.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 AM   #105
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Pepper View Post
Yeah, I agree. Adams's acting range is incredible. She is undoubtedly one of the best female actors of her generation.
She's so likeable as well. In her roles and in real life. A lot of succesfull actresses can get weird, arrogant, snooty, demanding, ungrateful, fake etc.

Every interview I've ever seen with Amy she just comes off as a naturally lovely, honest, open person.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #106
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

She's simply wonderful.

I just can't believe that there are a few people left who's still a bit skeptical about having her in the role as Lois.

Last edited by Sgt.Pepper; 06-13-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #107
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
She's simply wonderful.

I just can't believe that there are a few people left who's still a bit skeptical about having her in the role as Lois.
Are there any?

I mean I haven't seen anyone come up with a decent reason she wouldn't be able to pull off a great Lois. It's usually a case of the following:

1. She's a red head
2. She's too old
3. She's a fairytale princess type

All three of those I might have wondered about myself. And then I saw all her movies, from NATM2 to Sunshine Cleaning. All those worries are gone for me. And I think anyone left worrying simply hasn't bothered to see what a wonderful range she actually has.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #108
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Okay, maybe they aren't any skeptics left. It's probably because they realize what a talented actor Adams is and how grateful they are that she joined this project.

I haven't see all her films yet but that doesn't matter because I didn't have any doubts from the moment she was cast. I know she'll do the role justice.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #109
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Okay, maybe they aren't any skeptics left. It's probably because they realize what a talented actor Adams is and how grateful they are that she joined this project.

I haven't see all her films yet but that doesn't matter because I didn't have any doubts from the moment she was cast. I know she'll do the role justice.
I think at first I was a bit uneducated about her range. I'd only seen her in drop dead gorgeous, and clips of enchanted so I didn't really have that understanding of her.

But I've seen leap year, sunshine cleaning, the julia one, clips of her in the fighter and NATM2 and now I have fallen in love with her as an actress.

She 's one of those rare ones who can make me sit through a movie that I'm not neccesarily enjoying (I.e. The Julia one) just because I enjoy watching HER. Loved Leap Year and Sunshine Cleaning

I think in my head now I can put all those pieces together and come up with an estimation of what Amy's Lois will be like. And in my head, it's perfect

*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #110
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I think at first I was a bit uneducated about her range. I'd only seen her in drop dead gorgeous, and clips of enchanted so I didn't really have that understanding of her.

But I've seen leap year, sunshine cleaning, the julia one, clips of her in the fighter and NATM2 and now I have fallen in love with her as an actress.

She 's one of those rare ones who can make me sit through a movie that I'm not neccesarily enjoying (I.e. The Julia one) just because I enjoy watching HER. Loved Leap Year and Sunshine Cleaning

I think in my head now I can put all those pieces together and come up with an estimation of what Amy's Lois will be like. And in my head, it's perfect
I've seen only The Fighter, Enchanted (she's enchanting in it, pun intended ), Doubt (need to rewatch it since it's been a long time) and unfortunately Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (although Adams was the only good thing about the movie) from her filmography.

But yeah, like you, she's one of the few actors that can make me watch a , possible, bad movie.

And I'm so freakin excited to see her as Lois, its crazy.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #111
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I know it's probably a silly point to get hung up on, but how dark do you recon they should take her hair?

I have to admit, I'm really hoping for STAS style black. It'd really help pull away from kidder and bosworth, and it seemed that the darker durance's hair got in Smallville, the more she felt like Lois to me.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #112
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

To be honest, I haven't actually thought about that. I mean, the thought has crossed my mind but I don't pay that much attention to it since it doesn't really matter to me, but Adams having STAS black is fine by me.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #113
WeasleyIsRKing
Side-Kick

I've seen her in The Office, Talledaga Nights (forgot she was in that, ha), Enchanted (Agree with you Sgt. Pepper), Sunshine Cleaning (shows her acting chops), Doubt (can play quiet and subdued with subtlety), Night at the Museum 2 (Agreed, best thing about the movie), The Fighter (she is amazing in this, really knocked my socks off. Completely different than any other role I've seen her in. One of the best scenes is between her and Bale, btw).

Looked at her filmography and...I want to see Junebug. Hopeful suicide, are Julia and Julia and Leap Year worth seeing? I actually like chick flicks so...wait, what am I saying. Amy is in them, of course they are worth seeing.

I posted in the Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread that she is one of the major reason I want to see the new Spiderman, because there is something about Emma that I've like ever since I was her in Superbad. I feel the same thing about Amy (since I saw her as the Hot Girl on The Office) in regards to the new Superman movie.

Last edited by WeasleyIsRKing; 06-13-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #114
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
I know it's probably a silly point to get hung up on, but how dark do you recon they should take her hair?

I have to admit, I'm really hoping for STAS style black. It'd really help pull away from kidder and bosworth, and it seemed that the darker durance's hair got in Smallville, the more she felt like Lois to me.
Margot Kidder had black hair, so giving Amy black hair wouldn't exacly be pulling away from Kidder.

Despite the Bosworth fiasco, I'd rather Lois have brown hair ala Teri Hatcher; give her a better visual contrast to the dark haired Superman.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #115
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Adams was great as the tough-talking Charlene in The Fighter. Like you said WeasleyIsRKing, the role was a shift from her other previous roles.

Nice to know that she's good in Sunshine Cleaning. I'm planning to watch that soon along with Junebug, Julie & Julia and Charlie Wilson's War (though I'm not sure how big her role is in the movie, anyone who have seen it can tell?) on my film list.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #116
WeasleyIsRKing
Side-Kick

Amy Adams and Emily Blunt have great chemistry as sisters struggling to figure out life in Sunshine Cleaning. Worth a look see. Don't know about Charlie Wilson's War.

Kinda stinks that she's been nominated for three Oscars and not won any yet.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #117
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Margot Kidder had black hair, so giving Amy black hair wouldn't exacly be pulling away from Kidder.

Despite the Bosworth fiasco, I'd rather Lois have brown hair ala Teri Hatcher; give her a better visual contrast to the dark haired Superman.
Your right, dunno why I had Kidder in my head as a Brunetter lol.

Hatcher's hair is dark enough for me, more blacky brown, especially in early seasons so I'd be happy with that too. I just really don't want it like Bosworth lol.

Leap Year is definitely worth seeing, good chick flick and Amy is great in it. Julia has some good womanly neurotic flip out moments (if you know what I mean) that reminded me of Lois going off into a ramble passionately, but I really didn't rate the film... Just not my usual type of movie I guess.

I've got the fighter and junebug stored and ready, just haven't got to them yet. I imagine I will love her in them tho.

And yeah, Enchanted is now one of my favourite movies of all times. I've been watching it over and over

*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #118
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyIsRKing View Post
Amy Adams and Emily Blunt have great chemistry as sisters struggling to figure out life in Sunshine Cleaning. Worth a look see. Don't know about Charlie Wilson's War.

Kinda stinks that she's been nominated for three Oscars and not won any yet.
You make me want to watch Sunshine Cleaning now. I'll watch it as soon as I have the time.

It sucks that she hasn't win yet but it's still impressive that she got nominated three times in just five year starting from Junebug. No worries, I bet she will get her Oscar soon.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #119
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
She's simply wonderful.

Yeah I would say I'm still a skeptic. That's not to say I don't want to be pleasantly suprised when I see her.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #120
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Yeah I would say I'm still a skeptic. That's not to say I don't want to be pleasantly suprised when I see her.
Don't get me wrong because there's nothing wrong with being skeptical. I know that fans sometimes need something to judge by like a picture or something similar. However, I'm sure Adams will convince the fans who still have doubts eventually.

Last edited by Sgt.Pepper; 06-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #121
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
You make me want to watch Sunshine Cleaning now. I'll watch it as soon as I have the time.

It sucks that she hasn't win yet but it's still impressive that she got nominated three times in just five year starting from Junebug. No worries, I bet she will get her Oscar soon.
Do watch Sunshine Cleaning. It's such a strange premise, but it works so well. And I love this one line in it where these really judgemental girls she used to go to school with ask her if she likes cleaning up after dead people and she says:

'We come into people's lives when they have experienced something profound - and sad. And they've lost somebody, you know? And um, the circumstances, they're always different. But that's the same. And we help. In some small way we, um, we help.'

Just kind of the sentiment of the whole movie, and I think it's a really sweet one.

*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #122
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Do watch Sunshine Cleaning. It's such a strange premise, but it works so well. And I love this one line in it where these really judgemental girls she used to go to school with ask her if she likes cleaning up after dead people and she says:

'We come into people's lives when they have experienced something profound - and sad. And they've lost somebody, you know? And um, the circumstances, they're always different. But that's the same. And we help. In some small way we, um, we help.'

Just kind of the sentiment of the whole movie, and I think it's a really sweet one.
The film has just moved up on the film list since both you and WeasleyIsRKing recommend it.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #123
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
Nope!
LoL Owne'd
Someone just write me a letter when these morons get their heads out of their butts and realize Superman with anyone other than Lois sux.
I swear people who insist Superman should be with Wonder Woman, remind me of people who think people shouldn't date outside their race.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #124
Zachhelms
Word.

Her acting is amazing.
Her looks are amazing.
She is amazing.

And she was so hot on the Office.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #125
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team