The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Default Nintendo @ E3 2014 - Smash Bros. events, Treehouse, Digital Event, etc.

A video announcement of several things :

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

More details in the first post of this thread on NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809887

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Soapy
It's happening again...

Default Re: Nintendo @ E3 2014

Hmm. I guess Nintendo isn't going to do another press conference until they're ready to show new hardware.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
Soapy
It's happening again...

Nintendo includes, then removes, mention of “new Nintendo system” on E3 website

Old 04-30-2014, 02:00 AM   #4
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Hmmmm... Surly they won't be dropping the support of the WiiU? Maybe the next gen hand held?

I'd probably expect that more than anything. HD Gaming handset with two joysticks that comes with a wireless dongle that you can sync the game to your TV and play on the big screen.

That would probably also kill the WiiU.. but.. eh, cut your losses I guess...

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 AM   #5
Soapy
It's happening again...

If they cut and run on the Wii U, I think they would lose a lot of goodwill they have with their most ardent fans.

A new handheld is a definite possibility, but their bread and butter right now is the 3DS and with some pretty high profile games still coming for it, I can't imagine they would want to fracture their handheld market.

I think it might just be some kind of revision of the Wii U. Strange to call it a "new system" though.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Soapy, regarding the 'new system', someone posted this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=111

Old 04-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
Donut
Side-Kick

Hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Donut; 04-30-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

People are overreacting with the new system thing. I feel this should be quoted to clarify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM86
Sorry guys. I don't mean to kill your hype but I grabbed this off the archive of the E3 2012 site

<meta name="keywords" content="nintendo e3, nintendo, e3, e3 2012, nintendo e3 2012, nintendo e3 presentation, e3 presentation, wii u, wiiu, 3ds, new nintendo system, new nintendo console, wii at e3, nintendo 3ds at e3" />

http://web.archive.org/web/201205300...nintendo.com/?

And the E3 2013 one

<meta name="keywords" content="nintendo e3, nintendo, e3, e3 2012, nintendo e3 2012, nintendo e3 presentation, e3 presentation, Wii U, new nintendo system, wii at e3, nintendo 3ds at e3" />
http://web.archive.org/web/201306050....nintendo.com/

I'm sorry...I'm so sorry
From my understanding, it's more geared towards search engines taking people to Nintendo's website if they google 'new Nintendo hardware'. The Wii U isn't going to get cut. That's the kind of **** that Sega pulled, and it ends badly. The 3DS is still not old enough, I think, for a replacement to be announced. And they aren't going to announce new hardware if they aren't even going to have a conference.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
People are overreacting with the new system thing.
...who?

Old 04-30-2014, 07:28 PM   #10
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Anyone who thought it was actually an indication of a new piece of hardware at E3? It was a pretty big buzz for awhile when that popped up.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

hmmmmmmmmm...

Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Also I did see a rumor going around that Nintendo could possibly release a WiiU sku without a gamepad but a pro controller instead for 199.99.

I'd buy that, for sure.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #13
Soapy
It's happening again...

I thought you already had a Wii U.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #14
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

I sold it towards my PS4.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #15
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Also I did see a rumor going around that Nintendo could possibly release a WiiU sku without a gamepad but a pro controller instead for 199.99.

I'd buy that, for sure.
Are you sure it was a rumor, and not just a bunch of people saying that's what they wanted? Because that's what I hear. I don't think I've ever heard anything about it really happening.

That handheld thing is interesting, though. It's too early for a 3DS successor, I think, but that could be part of this Quality of Life thing Nintendo has been mentioning. The "third pillar".

Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Nintendo responds to the new hardware thing: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...pany-confirms/

Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

The minute I saw that they weren't doing a conference, I figured there'd be no new hardware there.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #18
Donut
Side-Kick

What if Nintendo did a Handheld that could also play their full console games ? Having full Backwards Compatibility between Gamecube, Wii & Wii U would be nice

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #19
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Nintendo's Direct at the last E3 was the highlight of E3 for me, so I'm completely cool with no big press conference. I'd expect them to announce a handful of release dates for the Smash Bros games, Bayonetta 2, X and then maybe a handful of surprises. Maybe some word about that rumored Gamecube Virtual Console stuff. A new Pokemon game announcement will probably happen too.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #20
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
What if Nintendo did a Handheld that could also play their full console games ? Having full Backwards Compatibility between Gamecube, Wii & Wii U would be nice
The only way that's going to happen is if they do it via the VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Nintendo's Direct at the last E3 was the highlight of E3 for me, so I'm completely cool with no big press conference. I'd expect them to announce a handful of release dates for the Smash Bros games, Bayonetta 2, X and then maybe a handful of surprises. Maybe some word about that rumored Gamecube Virtual Console stuff. A new Pokemon game announcement will probably happen too.
GC VC? Man, they still don't have N64 games on the Wii U shop

Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #21
Soapy
It's happening again...

Despite my occasional jabs at Nintendo for not having a press conference at E3, I honestly think Nintendo Direct is one of the very few (maybe the only) things Nintendo does that feels really ahead of the game. I wouldn't mind doing away with E3 if everyone had their own mini-E3 every two or three months like Nintendo does.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #22
Tron Bonne
Revolution in Ink

I can see the appeal to a live press conference, but generally, I agree. A lot of people see it as Nintendo trying to take control of any and all reported information, which may be true, but I think overall it's a better system for this type of thing especially.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #23
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Sony's E3 conference last year was the first time in YEARS that E3 felt geared towards the fans and gamers. I mean, the chants of SONY! SONY! SONY! made me feel like I was watching a pro wrestling show or something.

The years prior it felt too geared towards journalists.. and not even game journalists.. just media in general. Made the shows feel boring.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #24
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if NIntendo's next console was something along these lines. An HD Portable device that could "dongle up" to your TV and play the games at full 1080p resolution on your big screen as well.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #25
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Sony's E3 conference last year was the first time in YEARS that E3 felt geared towards the fans and gamers. I mean, the chants of SONY! SONY! SONY! made me feel like I was watching a pro wrestling show or something.
BAW GAWD KING! Microsoft is BROKEN in HALF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
The years prior it felt too geared towards journalists.. and not even game journalists.. just media in general. Made the shows feel boring.
Well... it is a press conference and not a fan conference.