Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 06-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #51
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Default Re: Celebrity Encounters.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
Stop meeting famous hot chicks
I seem to have good luck meeting them.Some celebrities,I've even met under strange conditions.

2 years ago,I shared a co-ed sauna with Mila Kunis.She even took her towel off while we talked.I even gave her a shoulder massage.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #52
Anubis
Sup?

You lie.

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #53
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
You lie.

That is the truth.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #54
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I saw The Lion King on Broadway back when it first opened and there was a guy sitting in the balcony wearing a mask over his face, which was weird.

We found out after the show that it was Michael Jackson.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #55
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMmutant View Post
Bill Duke (from Predator) was in the lobby of my dad's work. For some reason he was giving me an angry stare lol.
I think that's how he always looks.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #56
Anubis
Sup?

"You know you done f**ked up don't cha?"

That's Bill Dukes awesome line from Menace to Society in case you don't know.

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #57
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

i met the kills after a concert
said hello to troy aikman at a mall once
met some of the texas rangers
thats about it though

Old 06-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #58
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Erin Grey (Colonel Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers)...she was at the same convention with Twiki. When I was at her table to get an autograph, she saw that I had arthritis in my hands. She got up, came around the table, and for the next 20 minutes of so held and massaged my hands as we talked about arthritis and different things to do for your health. Very friendly, lovely lady.
Amazing that she would do that. Such a rare thing to hear about, especially in a business type of environment like a convention.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #59
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Earlier this year i was at a small UK sci-fi event where i got chatting with a guy called Paul the night before the event proper started up. He mentioned that he was an author, so i thought he was one of the numerous book authors that were attending the event.

The next day i watched a Dr Who panel, and realised that the dude i was chatting with was in fact Paul Cornell..... one of the writers of Dr Who

Wiki - Paul Cornell

Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #60
Donut
Side-Kick

Will Smith at Universal Studios

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #61
Lasirius
Tarifa

I met The Killers at a music festival in San Diego in 2005, only one of them (don't remember which one but it wasn't Brandon Flowers) was actually nice.

Met Greg Laswell after he played at the House of Blues. Great guy. I bought from him the album I was missing at the time.

Justin Warfield, the lead singer of She Wants Revenge was standing next to me at a Pretty Girls Make Graves in San Diego. I just introduced myself.

Met Shirley Manson from the band Garbage (and from the Sarah Connor Chronicles) at Comi-Con while she was walking around on the exhibit floor. I've always been a huge fan of her and Garbage, so it was surreal talking to her, shaking her hand and taking a picture while she had her arm around me. Still can't believe it.

Lasirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #62
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

5 months ago,I helped Tiffani Amber Thiessen change a flat tire on the freeway.After I was done,she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheeck.She was in a very big hurry and was very grateful that I stopped and helped her out.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #63
Snare
Side-Kick

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Steven Seagal
Ann Marie Calhoun
Loads of other people in the music business

Snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #64
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Rosa Blasi who's been in tons of stuff has her bank account at an HSBC where I work at so I've seen her a couple of times, she is real petite in person but looks amazingly hot still.

Funny too because she hasn't had that break out role so none of my co-workers even recognize what she's been in and sometimes tease that she is just a D-list celeb.

Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #65
tzarinna
С новым годом!

I met Duncan Sheik after a show a couple of times.

Clive Barker several times at signings and Dragon Con.

Paul Reiser at a book signing.

Shared a cab with Doug Bradley (Pinhead form Hellraiser), who then walked and chatted with me at Dragon Con.

I met Nicholas Cage at a screening of Adaptation.

I chatted with Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) in the buffet line at Dragon Con. I swear he was hitting on me.

Kitty Kelley, book signing.

A few close encounters- John McCrea (Cake lead singer)walked by me at the bar prior to their performance. As I was walking in the front door of a venue, I almost slammed into Patty Smith.

tzarinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #66
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

I have met quite a few in my lifetime.

Some notable encounters was:

Meeting Paul McCartney and his family in a lunch party in Jamaica. I was seated next to his daughter Stella.

I met Hayden Panetierre in the club lounge in Zurich airport.

I met Jacquelyn Smith (one of the original Charlie's Angels) when I was a little kid as she was dropping off her son to a party at my cousins place. i told her I had a crush on her and she was really nice to me back then.

I played golf with Jacky Stewart (F1 world championship driver) and then had dinner with him and his family.

I had dinner in a restaurant with Lauren Bacall eating in the table next to mine. You could tell she had been beautiful when young.

I met Princess Micheal of kent who was freinds with my aunt.

Among others.

Last edited by Ahura Mazda; 06-29-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #67
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Did he do the funny running he does on Jackass? that would be priceless.
He did actually, haha. The waddle cracks me up

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #68
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

^ Speaking of Wee-Man just this week I think I passed right by him at a Barnes & Noble bookstore in Torrance, CA. he was walking out and held the door open for me.

At least I think it was him since I recognized his voice but he had a full head of hair.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #69
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I've met Lou Ferrigno, saw Morgan Freeman at an airport, Witnessed Tim Roth, Louis Letterier, and the crew of The Incredible Hulk at the TIH panel at NYCC, was in a magazine shop and John Goodman walked in, saw Seth Green on the Robot Chicken panel at NYCC, and walked past Blair Butler interviewing Kevin Feige, again at NYCC.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #70
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
^ Speaking of Wee-Man just this week I think I passed right by him at a Barnes & Noble bookstore in Torrance, CA. he was walking out and held the door open for me.

At least I think it was him since I recognized his voice but he had a full head of hair.

He was incognito.He didn't want to be recognized.As small as he is,it would've been better for him to be on stilts wearing long pants like the tall clowns you see at the circus.

Last summer,I went to a cookout at a friend's house and discovered Alyssa Milano was a cousin of his.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #71
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

I shook Michael Jackson's hand about 8 or 9 years ago.

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Nevaratoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #72
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

In 2008,before Wipout premiered,I went with a friend to see him do the Wipout course.The day before they filmed the first episode,they had a pool party for all of the contestants and their friends.Jill Wagner was there,wearing a very tiny bikini and I got to talk to her while we were in the pool.She's even sexier in person.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #73
jthom19802
Side-Kick

This is a hair longer than most as I'm trying to give you a frame of reference regarding me for the ending of the story but I'll try to keep it as short as I can.

Went to WrestleMania 23 in Detroit. Started drinking around 1 p.m. at the hotel. Continued drinking at the pre-party for VIPs in some swank hidden bar and smoke lounge at Ford Field. These beers were free so I was putting in serious work, we're talking free vs. $8 here; as the show was about to start, I asked the security woman manning the door if I was free to take my beer with me. She says, "I don't see why not, Ford Field is Ford Field". Thank you lovely security lady, I will be taking two with me as will my good friend the non-drinker, lol.

Continued to drink throughout the whole show, continued drinking afterwards back at the swank executive suite my buddy was upgraded too because he does so much business with them (God bless you Marriott). So around 2 a.m. a friend and I headed out to purchase some drinks as the ladies we had met at WM and returned with weren't big fans of our selection. For those keeping score, I have now been drinking beer pretty regularly for about 13 hours.

We are walking out of the lobby and as I am about three feet from the entrance, in walks Mean Gene Okerlund. He stops about a foot from me as I am in his path and being as my mind was obviously sharp and clear, I quickly assess the situation. He has a suitcase in his right hand, he has a suit-bag in his left hand. There will be no casual handshaking.

So, drunk at 2 a.m. in a downtown Detroit hotel lobby, I threw one arm over his shoulder and the other under his arm and gave him a big fan-boy man-squeeze. I somehow managed to stay silent and would not have been at all surprised if suddenly, "I love you, man" came spewing out of my mouth. At any rate, he laughed, my friend laughed - and, more important - the two very large gentleman serving as his bodyguards DIED with laughter.

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #74
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

This past weekend I went to Con-tamination: The Sequel in St. Louis. It was pretty awesome. The main celebrity guests they had were Sean Patrick Flannery and David Dela Rocco from the Boondock Saints (Norman Reedus was supposed to fly in from the set of the Walking Dead but his flight was cancelled). Saturday morning I was in the middle of a line of about 100 people waiting to get into the autograph room they set up for the Saints actors. It wasnt until about 10 minutes after I got in line that I noticed that the man standing in front of me was in fact Sean Patrick Flannery. No one else seemed to notice. I said hi and he just kind of chuckled. after a few minutes one of the event coordinators came up to him and ended his ruse.

Also at the con was Tony Todd, who played the Candyman (not to mention Worfs brother on TNG!)
This is me with him.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

He's a supernice guy and at one point later that night he actually came up and spoke to me again while I was at a table looking at stack of transformers 3 posters. Honestly despite the fact that he is so kind and chilled in person, he still scares the crap out of me.

Last edited by redhawk23; 06-27-2011 at 11:24 PM.
redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #75
OctaviusINC
Trust Me.

Cool thread. I love reading these about encounters.

I've "encountered" Robert Englund, David Goyer, Lou Ferrigno,Adam West, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Christopher Nolan, Heath Ledger, Eliza Dushku, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, William Shatner, and Ray Park.

I've met Thomas Jane, Andy Hallet, Aaron Eckhart, Peter Mahew (Chewie),Hulk Hogan, Dan Akroyd, Christopher Lloyd, Jackie Earle Haley, Linda Hamilton, and Michael Jackson (favorite).

And a army of professional wrestlers.

And Bruce Campbell made fun of me in a movie theater.