The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #76
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Default Re: Celebrity Encounters.....

Celebs I've crossed paths with: Christopher Lee, Bernard Hill, Ken Stott, John Rhys Davies, Sylvester McCoy, Aidan Turner, Adam West, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Sharon Stone, Guillermo Del Toro, Sinbad (the comedian), Usher, and soon to be celebrity Jed Brophy.

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #77
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviusINC View Post
And Bruce Campbell made fun of me in a movie theater.

I'm interested to know what he said!

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #78
andrewmac1
New User - Level 0

What he said ?? i am eager to know this? tell?

andrewmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #79
John McGuirk
Soccer Coach

Met Trent Reznor before a Nine Inch Nails concert two years ago in Clarkston, MI. Super quiet dude, but incredibly nice. Got a picture with him and the band too. It felt surreal to have Trent's arm around me. I effing LOVE NIN.

Why did that get no reaction?"
John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #80
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

2 months ago, when I went to see the Jimmy Fallon show...

walking into the Top of the Rock building, my friends and I passed by Zack Galifianakis. Only one of my friends noticed him right away and before we could stop him he was off and away.

Don't think he wanted attention that day. My friend gave him a "sup nod" and he gave a scared facial expression.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spideyfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #81
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

I had dinner with Bob Hoskins once.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #82
TheOnlyOmega
Banned User

Not me, but a friend of mine sold Rob Van Dam(the wrestler) some pot last year.

As for myself, I met Jeff Francoeur at a Waffle House when he played for the braves.

TheOnlyOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #83
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

The Saturday after Transformers 3 came out,I went to a crowded matinee and sat in front of Nicole Eggert.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #84
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

I've met Yanni, and was mere feet from Aly and AJ Michalka.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #85
kit1982
Side-Kick

A few years ago the Da Vinci Code was filming in my neck of the woods, as soon as it was confirmed Tom Hanks was coming to the city me and my buddies decided it'd be cool to wait outside his hotel and get something signed by him. All my friends bought copies of Castaway for him to sign, me being the douchebag I am, bought a copy of Turner and Hooch which after a slight hesitation he decided to sign.
I also literally bumped into Ian Mckellen in a bar, I think he was expecting a Gandalf or Magneto comment so again being a douche I asked him "aren't you that guy from the Shadow?".

kit1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #86
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I met Scott Lucas (singer/guitar player for Local H) at an H show a year ago. I bought a shirt from him at the start of the night and shook his hand. The show was the day Ronnie James Dio died, he was talking about Dio and played part of "Holy Diver" and talked about his height. He tried explaining how short he was then said "Alright, he was as tall as this guy is short." and pointed to me (I'm 6'6").

My pants were filled, unfortunately this short fat guy who was moshing in front of me almost knocked me over so I had a bit of a sour look on my face that split second. Scott said "How are you doing by the way? You look like you're having an awful time."
"I'm having a ****ing awesome time!"
He pointed to his chest "It's all in here, right?" I nodded "I like that." and they started playing "Bound for the Floor"

Then coming off-stage he wrestled his way through the crowd and went out of his way to pat me on the back. It was awesome.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #87
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Andie McDowell at a cookie store in a mall. She and her daughters asked my wife and I for recommendations about chocolate chip varieties. (Like *we're* supposed to be experts....gosh)

Robin Williams while I was working as an extra on the set of Patch Adams. (Yeah, I was in it....wanna fight about it...? ) At one point between takes, Robin and the director, Tom Shadyac, were "discussing" George Clinton and the P-Funk. Tom had NO clue who Robin was talking about, so I started in on "Flashlight" and Robin joined in on an impromptu P-Funk jam session with me. Shadyac thought we were both smoking funny cigarettes.

George Takei at a Dragon Con back in the 80s. I knew he was at the Con but I had no interest in going to see Sulu's fan session. However, in the course of wandering around the halls, who should sidle up next to me and start shooting the breeze with but....yeah, Sulu. We didn't talk Trek *at all,* but just generalized b.s. about the latest news. (In retrospect, after learning about Takei coming out much later, I am now convinced that Takei had been hitting on me. I wonder if I shoulda took him up on the offer.)

cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #88
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
A few years ago the Da Vinci Code was filming in my neck of the woods, as soon as it was confirmed Tom Hanks was coming to the city me and my buddies decided it'd be cool to wait outside his hotel and get something signed by him. All my friends bought copies of Castaway for him to sign, me being the douchebag I am, bought a copy of Turner and Hooch which after a slight hesitation he decided to sign.
I love Turner & Hooch and always see it everytime it's on TV, it's not that bad a movie and Hanks shouldn't be ashamed.

At least it's not awful like that K-9 film with Jim Belushi.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #89
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Don't know if they count as celebrities, but I've had a couple of local news anchors in my line at work. I knew who they were but I chose not to say anything.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #90
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

I once met John Cale, formerly of the Velvet underground, at a book signing he was doing.
I was absolutely stoned out of my box, and did not quite understand what he was saying at first when he told me to wait at the side with all the other people who had not bought his book, and had only brought records to sign.
I didn't notice that there were other folk with records standing at the side at first, so i kind of growled at him and just stood there not moving for a bit, thinking he was just showing me up personally a bit cause i hadn't bought his book. So then i joined th eothers waiting when i noticed them.

I did not have my copy of TVUAN, as it was lent out, so i took along a album of VU rarities, which JC had apparently never set eyes on before, he almost didn't sign the record saying 'What is this? I didn't play on this record!', before i pointed out to him that he did in fact play on a couple of songs, and it said so in the credits.
He was alright though, lol.

Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #91
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Another one...I went to a poetry reading by Richard Hell, the former member of Television and the Voidiods, and my heckling kind of started a mini-riot.

The bookstore was jam packed, and i had been recording my vocals for a record all day, drinking and drinking and drinking, about 3 litres of strong crap cider, so i was frickin gone by the time of the poetry reading.

First of all i met the american cult musician Jad Fair in the crowd, I introduced myself by telling him i had had an album of his at one point, but sold it not long after getting it. He didn't know what to say in reply to that.

Then, as soon as RH started reading out his poetry i could not help laughing at some of the lines, thinking were a bit pretentious and stuff, but i was really just a bit out of it, and couldn't shut up. I don't know what the hell i was saying. Some guys in the audience started telling me to shut the f up, and one guy got really in my face and iirc we started shoving each other, lol. Other folk were defending me and shouting 'He's a real punk!' and whatnot.
It got reported on in the Melody Maker as having erupted into an Asterix style fisticuffs fight, but that was a bit of exagreation, although i was full of the magic potion i admit.

A friend of mine and his gf met RH a few months later in New York and he told them he did not know what the hell happened that night at the reading, he was spaced out from jet-lag.

I don't know what the hell happened either, but i got a date with a female fanzine writer out of it, when she recognised me months later, so it was not all bad.

edited out (some of)my irrelevant autobiography.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 07-11-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #92
lyndenfl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
Sandra Bullock came to my school and donated money. I saw her and dude is not lieing about her calves. But it goes with her body since her hips are like a cartoon.
How are her hips like a cartoon?

lyndenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #93
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

Jessica Rabbit-esque

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOBO3315a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #94
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Thursday night I went to the midnight showing of Captain America with 2 friends and sat next to Alison Haislip from Attack of the Show.She's very beautiful in person.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #95
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Hanks was probably thinking it's going on eBay if signed...

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #96
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
Sandra Bullock came to my school and donated money. I saw her and dude is not lieing about her calves. But it goes with her body since her hips are like a cartoon.
Judge for yourselves.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #97
Sebastos
Bebop User

Sylvster Stallone (years ago), Anna Kournikova at the Hotel Montana in Haiti (pre earthquake), Bruce Springsteen, James Blake and Jim Courier.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #98
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I love Turner & Hooch and always see it everytime it's on TV, it's not that bad a movie and Hanks shouldn't be ashamed.

At least it's not awful like that K-9 film with Jim Belushi.
In fairness it ain't as bad as the Da Vinci code! I was actually hoping to get Dragnet but alas...

kit1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #99
imaperson2
Bombastic

While waiting for a concert yesterday at the Hollywood Tower, I saw Boys II Men doing a photoshoot outside. Who knew they were still together? I also saw Andy Milonakis going into the apartments. I didn't have enough time to go over and challenge him to a battle though

I also met Ronnie Vannucci (of The Killers fame) during the concert of his side-project Big Talk. Such a down to earth guy. We even shared some of his whiskey!

imaperson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #100
Anubis
Sup?

Now that's when you know a guy is awesome. When he's willing to share his whiskey with a total stranger.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote