The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 07-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #101
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Default Re: Celebrity Encounters.....

Not actually an encounter, but I once spoke to Drew Struzan on the phone.

- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #102
imaperson2
Bombastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Now that's when you know a guy is awesome. When he's willing to share his whiskey with a total stranger.
Oh definitely, he even has a song dedicated to his love of whiskey, so that made it even more special...he's just too damn awesome.

imaperson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #103
Lasirius
Tarifa

Eliza Dushku over at Comi-Con. She is just gorgeous!

Lasirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #104
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I met John Rzeznik of The Goo Goo Dolls at the Denver airport. Recognized him and followed him a bit. When I approached and told him I was a fan, he told how relieved he was. Turns out he thought I was coming to kick his ass.

Saw the wrestler, The Great Kahli, at the Atlanta airport. For those who don't know, he's 7'3" and about 425lbs. He got some looks, but no one approached him. I kept thinking, does this guy ride in the cargo hold?

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #105
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Today,I went with a friend to see Final Destination 5.We got to the theater as the previews were showing and it was crowded as we were trying to find seats for us.I ended up sitting next to Tracey Lynn Cruz.

For those of you that don't know her,she played Ashley,The Yellow Space Power Ranger in Power Rangers in Space.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #106
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Do you live in LA or something? lol

Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #107
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Do you live in LA or something? lol

I live in Culver City,California.That's about 10 miles from L.A.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #108
steintym
Stay Frosty

A bunch of us went to see Hinder play at Milwaukee's Summerfest this past summer. After the show we headed back to our hotel and decided to have a drink at the hotel bar before we'd head up to the room.

Turns out Hinder was staying at the same hotel. Three of the band members hit the bar after the show as well. I recognized them right away and asked if we could buy them each a drink. They asked us to do a shot with them. We took a couple of pictures with them and thanked them for the great show.

It was a fun experience and they were really cool to us.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #109
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Lantern View Post
I live in Culver City,California.That's about 10 miles from L.A.
Yep...that explains it.

Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #110
BAH HUMBBUG!
There's an invisible man

I've encountered a few celebs, nothing that involved an hours long encounter so I don't know what they are like daily but here are my small stories.

I met James Doohan aka Scotty from Star Trek at a comic book convention when I was younger. He was nice and friendly, my friend bought a comic book with his image on it just to get his autograph.

When I was in high school there was a weekend sports fair on campus and Ken Norton Jr. along with some other 49ers and Garry Plummer. They were scheduled from 1pm-3pm, so about two hours. Ken Norton Jr. and the players he showed up with were at least 30 minutes late and left early. They weren't rude, but not very engaging either.

Garry Plummer on the other hand was there early, at least an hour and stayed late, at least 30 minutes, he was very nice and very approachable. He spent lots of time with the kids, families and faculty that were there. He seemed very modest and down to earth.

I met Frank Miller at a comic book store back in Oakland years ago when I was 12. I had about 15 comics with me but when I got into the store with my mom, the owners had said he would only be signing about 8 items, due to demand and time. I was a little bummed so I had to pick from my stack of items, as we waited there apparently he called in and told the owners he was having a delay in his flight from Chicago due to bad weather. But, he now would sign as many items as anyone had and stay as long as there was a line.

When it was my turn, my comics were all well-read, I didn't really understand collecting and preserving when I was that young, I got the books when they came out so I was about 5-8, he looked at them, then at me and held up the first issue of TDKR and said "This is how I like to see my comics, well-read." He smiled, people laughed and signed the comics for me, he chatted with me a bit and personalized a robocop versus terminator poster to me. Very nice man and left a huge impression on me.

Probably the largest name celebrity I met was Jerry Rice, being a bay area native and a life long 49er fan, it was very surreal meeting him, especially since it was outside a night club area. He was very nice, friendly and gracious. He took the time to shake our hands, take photos with us and chatted a bit. It was really awesome getting to meet one of my childhood sport idols, I was a little star-struck as I didn't even really want to bother him and forgot to get into or ask for a picture. Oh well, it was something I will never forget.

In the first place white people got no business playing the blues ever. At all. Under any circumstances. Ever, ever, ever. What the f*** do white people have to be blue about? Banana Republic ran out of Khakis. The espresso machine is jammed. Hootie and the Blowfish are breaking up? - George Carlin

Official Recommendations Thread...Revived

PS3 Network Live Rhinocrs Steaks COD Black Ops Nazi Zombies

Avy fixed to work by HunterRider
BAH HUMBBUG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #111
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I met Amber Benson (Tara from Buffy) a few years back. Seriously, one of the most nicest people I've ever met. I was floating on air for a few days afterward...

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #112
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Today I saw the movie,Columbiana with a friend and had to wait in a long line for tickets.I stood behind Cerina Vincent and found out she was there to see Don't Be Afraid of The Dark.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #113
Aesop Rocks
Side-Chick

Got yelled at by Edgar Wright on Twitter, if that counts for anything?

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #114
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

what did you do?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #115
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

I've casually known a guy called Mike Carey for a while and only just recently have I realised he's the Mike Carey.

Also bumped into Keith Lemon last week.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 AM   #116
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McGuirk View Post
Met Trent Reznor before a Nine Inch Nails concert two years ago in Clarkston, MI. Super quiet dude, but incredibly nice. Got a picture with him and the band too. It felt surreal to have Trent's arm around me. I effing LOVE NIN.

That's awesome. I went to a NIN show in Boston and during the show Trent took off his vest and it landed in the crowd, right on top of me. I put it on and intended to keep it forever but the heat was overwhelming. Eventually I had to let it go I hate myself for doing that.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #117
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Terry of Alien Ant Farm, guitar player, wished me^ a happy b-day yesterday on my facebook wall.

It made my year *flips the hell out*

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #118
The Demon's Head
Side-Kick

I met Quentin Tarantino about two years ago when he was promoting "Inglorious Basterds".

Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #119
Polaris23
Side-Kick

I saw Zooey Deschanel at an expensive but amazing and giant antique thrift store in Santa Monica. She was christmas shopping.

I also met Demi Lovato last month.

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Polaris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #120
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior

I was an extra on Did You Hear About The Morgans so I saw Sarah Jessica Parker, Hugh Grant, Sam Elliot, Wilford Brimley and the other lady. Didn't talk to any of them though. Did stunts on Paul so I got to work with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kristin Wiig, David Koechner (funny as ****), John Carroll Lynch (hit him with a chair), Joe Lo Truglio and Jason Bateman. All of them were really cool. Actually ran into Simon and Nick that weekend at the bar where my friend was DJing and hung out with them a little bit. Nick was totally trashed and had one of my friends find him some ecstasy.

At that same bar, I've run into Robert Knepper (bought a round of Irish car bombs on St. Patrick's Day), Anton Yelchin and the Russian dude from Armageddon and Bad Boys 2. (Not at the same time.)

Sam Rockwell was doing private boxing lessons at the gym I train/work at while they were filming Cowboys & Aliens. First time he was there, he watched me training for my fight and saw me get my ass kicked by my coach, second time I got to talk to him for awhile about C&A. We talked about Downey dropping out and Craig getting cast. After that, I ran into him at a restaurant with Olivia Wilde and the guy who played Harrison Ford's son. Olivia was not that cute in person.

Chuck Liddell has trained at our gym. Chris Hemsworth has trained at our gym. (I wasn't there that day. I was so pissed.) Josh Brolin has trained at our gym. (Also not there for that one.)

Hung out with Randy Couture at the Spike Guy's Choice Awards last year. He gave me advice on my first fight which was just surreal. Next day, sat next to Jersey Shore cast at the MTV Movie Awards and Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson. Talked to Ken Jeong for a second, too. We talked about how awesome the paintball episode of Community was.

That same trip, me and my friend partied with the band Boys Like Girls. The drummer thought we were the coolest guys ever and kept asking us to show him fight moves all night. Saw James Van Der Beek shooting one his Funny Or Die videos that next day, too.

I actually see Gene Hackman pretty regularly. He used to be one of my personal training clients. He went to my first fight and bought me a book on writing cuz I was telling him stories from working at the bar and he said it was, "great dialogue" and wanted me to start writing. He stops by every once in awhile to say hi and shoot the ****. He's a huge fight fan. It was funny, he would always walk in and immediately wanna start talking about the most recent fights. He was, like, giddy to hear us talk about fighting and I'm giddy as **** listening to him talk about movies. The stories that guy would tell me blew my mind.

Last edited by WillardNation; 09-07-2011 at 01:36 AM.
WillardNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #121
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I was working the NHL All Star game in Dallas and I saw William Fichtner from a distance. At a con a few years ago I met Peter Mayhew and his wife. He's a really quiet person and his wife did most of the talking.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #122
bullets
bang bang

This a good one , Imagine if you were this guy , lol.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #123
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Yep...that explains it.
Or.....he has an extremely over active imagination.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #124
BattleCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
This a good one , Imagine if you were this guy , lol.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Ungrateful. I actually hope he knew she hated them.

BattleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #125
bullets
bang bang

Haha , everyone should try to give her hydrangeas now.