The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
KenK
Side-Kick

Default Re: USA's Suits

Getting past the functional retardation of no one, even the dude who's already suspicious of his credentials, checking with Harvard to see if this guy really did attend their law school, it's definitely a fun show. Nice to see Macht taking on television, 'cause between two horrid comic book adaptations, I don't think film in general was the place for him to shine (maybe he can try again should Suits prove to be a success).

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #27
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I remember him from the movie Cellular. He played pretty much the same character. The name may have been different though.
I remember him too. He turns up in lots of stuff on TV and always plays the same douchebag. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's like in real life. He doesn't seem like someone I would like. In fact, I don't like him, which is why I don't want to see him week after week on TV, because I always groan when he turns up in a role in an episode.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

To be honest...I was a big surprised and put off by all the cussing. It's not what i'm used to for a USA show and it tended to feel a little forced like "Hey look, we're cussing! This show is edgy! See!"

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #29
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I was surprised it said **** myself, but it didn't feel that way at all. It felt natrual. The fact it doesn't happen on cable often was surprising. Other cable tv shows do it as well. But USA's other shows don't do it.

Doctor Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #30
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

In Plain Sight does.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #31
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I was surprised it said **** myself, but it didn't feel that way at all. It felt natrual. The fact it doesn't happen on cable often was surprising. Other cable tv shows do it as well. But USA's other shows don't do it.
I don't remember any swearing. When was this?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #32
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I don't remember where, but I remember Spector saying it. It only happened a couple times.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #33
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I had no expectations for this show and I really enjoyed the pilot.

Am I the only one who thought Trevor looked like Josh Brolin?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #34
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Yeah, he kind of does look like Brolin. haha.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #35
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I thought the same thing. I thought he might have been his son or something.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oooh, Agent Jessup from Fringe is on this.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #37
Siby
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
To be honest...I was a big surprised and put off by all the cussing. It's not what i'm used to for a USA show and it tended to feel a little forced like "Hey look, we're cussing! This show is edgy! See!"
I forgot about the cussing but I was shocked to hear it and slightly put off to it also.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #38
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I had no expectations for this show and I really enjoyed the pilot.

Am I the only one who thought Trevor looked like Josh Brolin?
I'm in the same boat. I watched the pilot yesterday on Hunter's recommendation and tonight's episode and I am LOVING this show. I blame USA for my initial disinterest. They advertised it as melodrama rather than a light dramedy. The comedy aspects should've been sold more in the promos. At any rate, It is a REALLY good show.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #39
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Last night's episode was ****ing fantastic again. I know it's a bit early to say, but this show's quality is a step above the others I'm watching on USA, as much as I love those (Like Royal Pains and White Collar, and I'm still watching Covert Affairs for some reason; it's kind of a guilty pleasure, but a step below the other two) The writing and dialogue is just so damn good. I hope I don't set my expectations too high for coming episodes, but they're setting this high standard. I hope they meet it in every episode.

Harvey is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters on tv.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #40
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Yeah, I agree. The writing on the show is on point. And again I have to say, Harvey and Mike are perfect together.

Louis really does come off weird.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #41
Siby
Side-Kick

I thought Harvey was much better in this episode. There was a slight vulnerability to him but the way he got out of the situation shows how awesome this guy is.

I really hate Louis. The actor reminds me of a gopher or some other type of rodent and he tends to play douchey rat-like characters also.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
I thought Harvey was much better in this episode. There was a slight vulnerability to him but the way he got out of the situation shows how awesome this guy is.

I really hate Louis. The actor reminds me of a gopher or some other type of rodent and he tends to play douchey rat-like characters also.
More like some chipmunk or gerbil. He is a real douche and the 2nd episode was no exception. Does he ever play any other type of character? I'm guessing he just plays himself since he seems to do this so naturally.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #43
twylight
One And Only

It's only been two episodes, and I enjoy it enough to keep watching it.. but I don't exactly look forward to it each week yet. We shall see. So far a few of the characters bore me to pieces, and some of them I adore. But so far, USA hasn't disappointed me yet!

twylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #44
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Another quality episode this week, I liked how a bit more of Harvey was revealed, the way he didn't sleep with the married woman but quickly deflected any thought of him being a good by saying it was just to much a pain in the ass. Then when Mike go in trouble, despite his annoyance, he gave his protege a chance.

I also like that there was a reasoning behind why Mike smoked the pot, rather than it just being a case of him being weak, his interactions with Donna and Rachel are both fun as well, even if it seems clear where things with Rachel will head.

Luis is the weakest character, he's just too unlikable for a show of this nature, and odious every second he is on screen.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #45
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Another quality episode this week, I liked how a bit more of Harvey was revealed, the way he didn't sleep with the married woman but quickly deflected any thought of him being a good by saying it was just to much a pain in the ass. Then when Mike go in trouble, despite his annoyance, he gave his protege a chance.

I also like that there was a reasoning behind why Mike smoked the pot, rather than it just being a case of him being weak, his interactions with Donna and Rachel are both fun as well, even if it seems clear where things with Rachel will head.

Luis is the weakest character, he's just too unlikable for a show of this nature, and odious every second he is on screen.
I've never seen a single role he's been in where he's been likeable at all.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #46
Nemi
Murder Tramp

I wonder how much of a focus will be on him trying to cover up the fact that he didn't go to Harvard and doesn't have a law degree or if it will mostly him being a fish out of water since there's so much he doesn't know.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #47
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I started watching the show and I like it

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #48
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I figure that Louis will be close to finding the truth by the end of the season just in time for a season finale cliffhanger.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #49
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

The elevator scene with Jessica cracked me up.

I personally like Louis. He plays a douchebag, but he plays it really well. Plus he is kind of the anti-Harvey. Harvey claims to be a bad man, but is in actuality a good man, where as Louis claims to be a good man but is really just your typical, sleazey lawyer. I like the parallel and think it could help to display Harvey's growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I've never seen a single role he's been in where he's been likeable at all.
He certainly has a type, he plays the D-bag. But you gotta give it to him, he plays his type really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I figure that Louis will be close to finding the truth by the end of the season just in time for a season finale cliffhanger.
That's what I figure will happen as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #50
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Mike has to get it down with Rachel. That woman is just too fine to pass up.