The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #51
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Default Re: USA's Suits

Don't worry. He'll get down. She'll get down. They will both be down together...

Oh and I was happy to see Nora (from HIMYM) in last week's episode!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #52
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Caught last night's episode and watched the last two. I'm liking this show a lot. Don't know why, but it feels fresh. Needed a break from the cop procedural stuff and this provides it.

Harvey and Mike's chemistry is excellent.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #53
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I missed the second episode and Hulu won't have it up until 30 days after it aired.

I really liked last night's episode. I agree with you, Sage. It's the same USA formula, but still "different" enough. Harvey and Mike's chemistry is really great.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #54
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I really liked last night episode but just one thing is bothering me....it seems like in the past 2 episodes Harvey solves his case by one of the people saying something (that may not be in relation to whatever the case is about) and it gives Harvey an idea on how to solve it. I wouldn't normally care about it but if this is going to happen in every episode then it will get old quick. It's kind of like the law version of House IMO.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #55
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Except this isn't generic like House. House is just another generic medical show but with a character that's too good for it. This feels fresh through and through. We've seen lawyer stuff many times, but I feel like I've never seen it before when I watch this show. And I've never watched a show with lawyers in it before.

Yet another episode to put a huge gin on my face. Best moment:

“Well Alan.”

“It’s Aaron.”

“I think that says it all, *music stops* don’t you?”

*Harvey walks away and the music starts as if it didn't stop*
Spector taking care of the bill was pure badassery. The whole plot with Jessica's underlying plan. Oh, man this show is great.

And Mike owning Louis again. Priceless.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #56
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Except this isn't generic like House. House is just another generic medical show but with a character that's too good for it. This feels fresh through and through. We've seen lawyer stuff many times, but I feel like I've never seen it before when I watch this show. And I've never watched a show with lawyers in it before.

Yet another episode to put a huge gin on my face. Best moment:

Well Alan.

Its Aaron.

I think that says it all, *music stops* dont you?

*Harvey walks away and the music starts as if it didn't stop*
Spector taking care of the bill was pure badassery. The whole plot with Jessica's underlying plan. Oh, man this show is great.

And Mike owning Louis again. Priceless.
Notice that Mike slicked his hair back in the latest episode.

"Don't have to through them to figure it out because I already did."

"Then what took you so long?" *Looks at Mike's clothes and hair* "You trying to look like me?"

*Mike moves his hand through hair to slick it back some more.*

Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #57
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I love how Mike kept wanting to celebrate with a high-five or fist bump and Harvey was always going, "Uh... no."

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #58
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

This show is so good. Absolutely fantastic. This is on par with an AMC series in term of quality, while also retaining USA's lighter tone. I can see this becoming USA's prestige show and maybe competing come award season.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #59
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

This show simply reinforces my theory even further that the big networks hire writers based on reputation and who they know, while the "smaller" cable companies hire people...that show aptitude for writing.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #60
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I really liked last night episode but just one thing is bothering me....it seems like in the past 2 episodes Harvey solves his case by one of the people saying something (that may not be in relation to whatever the case is about) and it gives Harvey an idea on how to solve it. I wouldn't normally care about it but if this is going to happen in every episode then it will get old quick. It's kind of like the law version of House IMO.
I noticed that too, It got old in House a long time ago but at least they have some fun with it. It would be kinda funny to see Harvey running around asking people to talk to him so that he can have that moment.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #61
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

This show is excellent,kinda like if Bruce Wayne and Dick Greyson/Tim Drake were partners in a law firm.

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #62
Paradox1
Side-Kick

lol good comparison Kaleb

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #63
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

This is probably the best show I'm watching on tv right now. As much as I love White Collar, in terms of quality, this trumps it.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #64
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
This show is so good. Absolutely fantastic. This is on par with an AMC series in term of quality, while also retaining USA's lighter tone. I can see this becoming USA's prestige show and maybe competing come award season.
Macht needs an Emmy nomination. But probably won't get one.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #65
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Patrick J Adams seems like he could've starred as Peter Parker in a Spider-Man movie.

Why doesn't Gabriel Macht do something about those moles on his forehead? How difficult can it be to get them removed? They're somewhat distracting.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #66
Siby
Side-Kick

hmmm, I never noticed the moles. I'll have to remember to check them out. lol I don't know why he would remove them, they are a part of him and makes him unique, so why get rid of them when they aren't doing him harm?

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #67
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Patrick J Adams seems like he could've starred as Peter Parker in a Spider-Man movie.

Why doesn't Gabriel Macht do something about those moles on his forehead? How difficult can it be to get them removed? They're somewhat distracting.
yeah, some makeup could easily fix that.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #68
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Quote:

This is one of those things that you never notice til someone points it out to you and then it becomes the only thing you notice.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #69
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi View Post
This is one of those things that you never notice til someone points it out to you and then it becomes the only thing you notice.
What? They're easily noticeable. There are 2 of them above his left eyebrow. You can see them each week in every scene. At first I thought they were cuts/ injuries of some sort, but they're not.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #70
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I forgot to bring it up.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #71
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. I forgot to bring it up.
He could've done a pretty good job. He certainly seems clever enough, and wittier than Toby Maguire. His hair isn't as bouffant as Andrew Garfield's either, and he is genuinely American.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #72
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Another great episode.

I was actually worried during the opening trivia game.

"

Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #73
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Quote:
What? They're easily noticeable. There are 2 of them above his left eyebrow. You can see them each week in every scene. At first I thought they were cuts/ injuries of some sort, but they're not.
I never noticed it before but after reading your post it's the first thing I see.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #74
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

EH, i'm just not feeling this show. I can't get into the lawyer stuff.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #75
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi View Post
I never noticed it before but after reading your post it's the first thing I see.
They should have a plotline about there being a mole in the office, or maybe two.