The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #276
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Anal View Post
Oh god that movie

I dont think i could ever watch it now because of the damn intrusive out of control pop up trailers on this website. The Worst!
Mozilla Firefox + Ad Block Plus = Internet Surfing Bliss

__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #277
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,151
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

This...is the upside to having GL get bad press

Cause if GL were getting rave reviews, we wouldnt have this info now. Same goes for the Batman news

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #278
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,972
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

To quote my old man, "I'll believe it when I see it."

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #279
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,085
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Crowe is hard to work with and he's very picky with his choices. I'm not saying the film is good, but its looking that way. Crowe is a terrific actor anyway, so i'm glad he's cast.
He's gonna be paid a lot and work for a few days. Unless the movie is terribad, why wouldnt he do it?
I wouldn't say picky. I mean did you see Robin Hood and that wine movie? I didn't see the latter, but both were directed by Ridely Scott and... sheesh.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
If this was directed at me, I don't come here just to bad mouth the movie, I come here to discuss any new and relevant news. The new and relevant news just so happened to be ****.
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #280
Superman Prime
The Quantum Enigma
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8,963
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I wouldn't say picky. I mean did you see Robin Hood and that wine movie? I didn't see the latter, but both were directed by Ridely Scott and... sheesh.
"Robin Hood" downplayed the legendary and mythical qualities of the character, and suffered for it. It reminded me very much of "King Arthur" starring Clive Owen and Keira Knightley. Both went a long way in proving that some stories are better off never having a realistic interpretation.

Superman Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #281
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Great news if true!Hopefully we'll be getting a confirmation soon.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #282
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

probably because it was ridley scott the man who got him his oscar and his career

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #283
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,196
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This...is the upside to having GL get bad press

Cause if GL were getting rave reviews, we wouldnt have this info now. Same goes for the Batman news
Interesting way to look at things

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #284
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Anal View Post
Oh god that movie

I dont think i could ever watch it now because of the damn intrusive out of control pop up trailers on this website. The Worst!
What do you mean? Why cant you watch a movie?

Get Mozilla or just close your internet browser.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #285
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,444
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Needs to be the most brutal Jor-El ever.

Jor-El: I am going to sent Kal-El to the planet, Earth.
Lara: Jor-El, you can't!
*Jor-El hits Lara with phone*
Jor-El: *****, what did I just say?!

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #286
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Back to the kitchen woman!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #287
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,444
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

That's a little lenient for Crowe's Jor-El.

More like "Back to the Phantom Zone, woman!"

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #288
Superman Prime
The Quantum Enigma
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 8,963
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Making movies, making music, and fighting around Krypton.

Superman Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #289
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,151
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

I love how this movie is using the donner method of casting.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #290
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This...is the upside to having GL get bad press

Cause if GL were getting rave reviews, we wouldnt have this info now. Same goes for the Batman news
How does that even make sense? What would be the reasoning to give the fanboys new info just because one of the films they were looking forward to turns out to be a piece of crap?

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #291
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,151
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
How does that even make sense? What would be the reasoning to give the fanboys new info just because one of the films they were looking forward to turns out to be a piece of crap?
Because its the same thing WB did when Sucker Punch got bad reviews? Because WB would want to offset looking bad with GL by looking very good by announcing that Russell Crowe will be in their big tentpole winter 2012 film?

Its not rocket science, really.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #292
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Because its the same thing WB did when Sucker Punch got bad reviews? Because WB would want to offset looking bad with GL by looking very good by announcing that Russell Crowe will be in their big tentpole winter 2012 film?

Its not rocket science, really.
The reason I was asking was not because I was confused but because it really doesn't make any sense. Meaning, WB announcing new news doesn't do **** for the movie that they have coming out. They aren't saving face to the public, just the fanboys online who make up a teensy tiny percentage of cinema-goers. Looking good by announcing something for a future film doesn't do jack **** for them in regards to their current film. It's almost as if they want the fanboys to be happy like that would make people come out in droves to see GL.


Last edited by Figs; 06-15-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #293
Alien Anal
Side-Kick
 
Alien Anal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 981
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
What do you mean? Why cant you watch a movie?

Get Mozilla or just close your internet browser.
Oh it was just a light hearted comment, not to be taken seriously i was just venting my frustration about the pop up is all. Closing the internet browser would involve me closing it every 5 minutes

You dont even need to roll over them now, they just come up anyway.

My mozilla is being stupid at the moment so im using google chrome.

__________________
Please check out my art that is for sale.
https://www.facebook.com/AlienAnal
http://www.bluethumb.com.au/alienanal

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Alien Anal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #294
Kurosawa
Banned User
 
Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth
Posts: 9,485
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
"Robin Hood" downplayed the legendary and mythical qualities of the character, and suffered for it. It reminded me very much of "King Arthur" starring Clive Owen and Keira Knightley. Both went a long way in proving that some stories are better off never having a realistic interpretation.
And Superman is also one of those.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #295
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,923
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

So is it official (the front page of SHH is saying so)? If so whats the consensus in here? I just got back from 6 flags and saw this...

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #296
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The reason I was asking was not because I was confused but because it really doesn't make any sense. Meaning, WB announcing new news doesn't do **** for the movie that they have coming out. They aren't saving face to the public, just the fanboys online who make up a teensy tiny percentage of cinema-goers. Looking good by announcing something for a future film doesn't do jack **** for them in regards to their current film. It's almost as if they want the fanboys to be happy like that would make people come out in droves to see GL.
It kinda does because these movies have become so interrelated with one another that every time a comic book film does bad its always doom and gloom for the genre as a whole.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #297
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,626
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
It kinda does because these movies have become so interrelated with one another that every time a comic book film does bad its always doom and gloom for the genre as a whole.
I don't think the GA is as dumb as most internet dwellers make them out to be. I'm pretty sure that if they don't like a specific comic film, they're not going to boycott any future ones just because of that one case. Maybe a direct sequel, but not an entirely different comic film in regards to Green Lantern and Superman.

That's with the GA of course. My original point was that this news is mainly known by us internet dwellers. The GA most likely won't hear about this news for awhile and it won't have any sway if they see GL or not. The only damage control who this is for is the comic geeks, who aren't even that big of a percentage when it comes to BO take. It's WB trying to lift people's spirits, but it's rather pointless other than to give the fanboys a little chubby.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #298
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,492
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Jor-El's so awesome HE'S going to fight Zod in a Kryptonian arena

Zod- Who are you?

"My name is Maximus Jor-El and i've come to take your head"

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #299
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,157
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

I hope Russell Crowe ends up being the first live action version of Jor el that dons a outfit that isn't all white with a black S Crest on his chest.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #300
Man of Tomorrow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,877
Default Re: Russell Crowe in talks to play Jor-El

Apparently Crowe just apologized for another controversy, insulting the Jews on Twitter or something.

The Brando resemblances are becoming uncanny.

Man of Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.